1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Want to try an epicly kawaii RPG? Check this out!
  3. Time for a new Photography Art Contest! Submissions for Bad Weather Photography Contest has begun. Enjoying those beautiful weathers, show off your photography skill!

Also, you may vote for your favorite piece in the Summer Art Contest Manga Helpers Flag !
  4. The Manga League is finally here!
  5. The MangaHelpers Waifu Wars 2018 have entered its fourth round! Fight for your Waifu now!
  6. The new season of the Anime League is here!
  7. The Tokyo Ghoul Awards have begun! Nominate your favorite moments and characters now!
  8. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!

Shounen Edens Zero by Hiro Mashima

Discussion in 'Manga # - H' started by Brandish, May 25, 2018.

?

How do you feel about the designs for Edens Zero?

1. They're great, makes me want to read EZ.

31.4%
  2. The designs themselves aren't particularly interesting or new, so I'm indifferent.

36.3%
  3. I don't like them because it's too much like Hiro's previous works

25.5%
  4. Other (please specify in thread)

6.9%
  1. Rax

Rax Banned

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Tartaros
    And it came down "We're dropping this because we don't like what the author did" while not doing the same for something an author did that was horrendously worse

King Moe likes this.
  2. strikefreedom

strikefreedom Registered User

France
    Hey people, we're talking about the case of Albator and all these clones, XD XD XD.

The joke what, mangastream does not care about the mouth of the world, XD.

Proof that it's kid who do not know their classic, osamu and eji cries the T-T.

3. xi0

xi0 あの術

最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form

Administrator

Pyke
    Sure, but "what the author did" is in the context of creating a story, not things unrelated to their work. I don't get why you're trying to create an equivalency between not liking a manga and the author of another manga they work on having a criminal past.

Unless you mean to say that anyone who enjoys Rurouni Kenshin or Toriko endorses the criminal behavior of their authors? That doesn't make much sense now, does it?

Isqui and Exorcist1995 like this.
  4. CyberLance

CyberLance Registered User

Sweden
    Yea i know but i really love Fairy Tail and the series is important to me and its very hard for me to ignore it when people hate on things that are important to me like that.
    Same thing when people hate on anime and manga for example because anime and manga is important to me.

Edens Zero just started and most series are obviously not that complex or deep when they just started.
    Most series start with simple stuff in the beginning like Hunter x Hunter was only about Gon wanting to become a hunter and find his father in the beginning and that does not feel very complex or amazing to me.

And i dont have a problem with Mashima making the characters look similar to the Fairy Tail characters but yea if it would have made people in general more positive about the series i guess it would have been better maybe.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    King Moe and strikefreedom like this.
  5. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!

India
    If Hiro had done these

1)Made the character design different from FT ones.

2)Completely cut of friendship mention for at least 7 chapters.

3)Made Shiki more complex natured(i have seen claims that Shiki is like Natsu) then MS might have not dropped it.

But anyway JB is doing it so you don't have to worry about it for now.

6. Midnight134

Midnight134 Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

United States
    I hope that after a few chapters eventually all the people who dislike the series will leave it alone. Because it's becoming very obnoxious. If some dislikes the series that's perfectly fine, don't read it and let those who do like it read in peace. Haters need to stop bashing the series, I miss when people read a story for fun not to completely rip it to shreds.

7. Reebi

Reebi Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Canada
    How can we discuss it when so many rely on MS? Also, there isn't another thread for this. They did drop it on a moral stand - they thought the series was beneath them and insulted those that enjoyed it. That's the definition of an emotional reason for quitting. If they really thought the series was too close, they wouldn't have translated the first chapter. What pisses people off isn't the fact they refuse to translate, it's the fact they dropped it while already doing it then insulting the fans of the series. Dick move.
    PM me a French scalation :)

King Moe and CyberLance like this.
  8. Gabo

Gabo Registered User

Mexico
    MS already had a bad translation in the past, I remember a lot of translation errors of several Mangas in which they worked, even so, it is very unprofessional for them to offer the excuse, they could have said it was because there was already a version official and with it they would have been well and not like some believed that they are based in banal things that in concrete facts.

But hey, as long as Jaiminis stays, I do not see any mess, since his translation seems better than MS

King Moe and strikefreedom like this.
  9. GrooveAdventureDXD

GrooveAdventureDXD Registered User

United States
    Exactly. as long as we have JaminisBox, we don't need mangastream.

King Moe likes this.
  10. Jammin

Jammin Androssi Worshiper

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!

Mangahelper

United States
    Ok, guys. Mangastream sucks. Hipsters can take a long walk off a short pier. And Eden Zero is awesome. I feel like we're all in agreement about that. Now can we get back to discussing the series maybe?:D

Like, who is this Elsie Crimson girl, why is she after Shiki, and who is the next major character going to look like?

She keeps getting called your Highness so that says space princess to me.
    As for why she's monitoring Shiki. I don't have a good answer. Is it maybe her duty to guard him because he's a son of space mom?
    And I'm putting my money on the next companion looking like Brandish. I feel like that look would be amazing with an andriod type character.

11. Midnight134

Midnight134 Registered User

United States

AGREED,

I think Elsie has some connection with demon king. And that she seems evil. But she is actually searching for shiki so she can help him. Almost as if she owes a debt to the demon king and so she offers her ship and crew to shiki

Jammin likes this.
  12. NatsuxShiki

NatsuxShiki Registered User

United States
    Edens Zero... i understand the argument really in some cases why others dislike Edens Zero. I did a poll after the furst chapter on Twitter and people gave their opinions. (It was kinda mixed i believe) I can understand why people hate the series for whatever reason even though its about the same complaints with FT. Im a strong advocate of liking/disliking whatever you want but i dont like Mangastream's attitude towards Edens Zero. Im finewith them dropping it and they're not entitled to translated it, but how they replied to people made them look bad. I dont like that at all tbh

King Moe likes this.
  13. azhasnts

azhasnts Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Portugal
    Many of the MS translations are not very good anyway. But it's a pity because MS has a lot of visibility, they have the right to don't like and don't translate it, but it's a little unfair since the manga has only 3 chapters, they took it in a little personal way. I agree with some criticisms given to Mashima, but not all stories need to have complex plots

Zekiel, King Moe and CyberLance like this.
  14. strikefreedom

France
    I do not understand what you mean reebi.

I was talking about the case MS on a French discord and I got bawled, just because I said it was a pity that he does not translate it and that the excuse given was not terrible.

In just 3 chapters, EZ has already won for them (and other), the title of overcharged manga, heir to the arnarch that was FT, the ultimate cancer and other title.

People have been pissed off to the point that mashima is making a cameo / wink of FT in these 3 chapters.

See how people are completely stupefied and filthy.

For elcy I would say that like albator with stelly, the demon king helped her in the past and he asked her to watch over shiki, and when he left granbell to give him something or gave him some information.

15. CyberLance

CyberLance Registered User

Sweden
    The people that hated on Fairy Tail could have stopped reading it and left the people that enjoy it alone many many years ago but for some strange reason they decided to continue following it.
    In the old days if you did not like something you avoided it but nowadays people seems to follow series and other things that they dont even like only to hate on it and to frustrate and annoy the fans.

If you dont even like it you should not care about seeing what will happen next in the story.
    I have seen some other mangas and other suff that people follow even though they seem to dislike everything about it so its far from only Fairy Tail that happened to.
    I really hope that the big majority of people that follow Edens Zero will be people that actually like and enjoy it.
    Well Edens Zero just started so now the haters cant use that"im only still reading it to see how it ends" excuse anymore.

King Moe, azhasnts and strikefreedom like this.
  16. strikefreedom

France
    And yet, people say:

- "" I'm going to read to see what gives her and see how this shit will do worse than FT ""

- '' 'I want to see how mashima is sinking even more' '.

- "" the scam of the century is back ""

- "" his copy again one piece ""

Or another phrase like this.

It is an absolute sadness these people there.

And EZ will suffer the same fate as FT, his spit on it for 10 years, he will have a bad reputation, and fans will be insulted.

17. Jellal

Jellal Registered User

United Kingdom
    apparently spoiler pictures have been leaked, anyone know the source?

18. Cat Sidhe26

Cat Sidhe26 Registered User

United States
    Wait spoilers are out if so where did you see them at?

19. Jellal

Jellal Registered User

United Kingdom
    on instagram, if you search in “edens zero” you’ll see a spoiler picture of the blonde haired guy.

20. Vizard

Vizard Registered User

Genosha
    [​IMG]

Zekiel, Reebi, Gabo and 5 others like this.