Chapter Edens Zero Chapter 169 Spoilers & Discussion

Steven

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
This will be a great Chapter.I guess a lot of infos

I just hope that the only thing they did was not just training and searching a bit off-screen without finding anything.

strikefreedom

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
So shiki now has a mechanical eye, he no longer has his x-ray scopes so mashima gives him this function in his eye, XD.

Happy who saddens the situation by saying that in shiki that he is mechanized, it is not so serious it is that an eye that he lost.

Bon Laguna is joining the team for good.

Next Kaede cosmos, so an arc centered on erzy and justice.

The origin of his scar and the symbolism behind his bandage, shiki considers Ziggy as an enemy now.

Does the future with the dark shiki set in motion? TO BE CONTINUED .

We FINALLY learn what is happening on Foresta, so there was still a conflict with the robot and the human, which is normal, but it would have been good to show us that it was still complicated on the planet after the arc.

Big transition 3 years later, suddenly I hope it will be better than in FT and that we will learn what they did during his 3 years.

And not just summed up in one sentence that they continued their journey, collected relics, trained and that was it.

No I want to see these moments via FBs, rebecca who makes her videos, bonus chapters etc that is assumed.

Because in itself there was no need to make such a long transition given the story so we'll see.

What I expect is that:

The shiki / rebecca relationship has evolved, what is like that of Haru and Éli, they turn around but without confessing anything.

We will see if homura is wanted.

For the design I don't think they will have changed that much, kleene its going to be like melty I think XD.

Now the review of the Aoi arc.

And although to say if it is only basically it is a disappointment, I do not see any improvement compared to the Arc sakura, I would say even more we have downgraded.

Already basic they have the same defect, namely the rushage no difference above for the narration and the fights and it is unbearable.

The difference is that we had less Arc for aoi and that's not a good thing since the Arc are as short as sakura, it wouldn't have been a problem if the arcs had been longer but it's not the case .

So for Kaede and the following I don't want that, either we see a lot of the planet and the arcs are more or less long (between 20 and 50 chapters) BUT not only short arcs.

Either we see less planet but the arcs are long or very long (between 40-50 and 100 chapters), but not below 20-30 chapters or just 1.

The fights are tasteless because in OS or OS spirit and its like it is unbearable, I can not take the enemies seriously knowing that.

So since they all have overdrive + that 3 years have passed, bha sa puts the pressure for the next important opponent, who will all have to have OD or equivalent to hold the levels otherwise it will continue like that.

So really the priority is to SLOW down the narration by stopping being direct in the action and taking your time to pose the situation and the context + VISIT the planets a little more + put more transitional chapter to take a break in the action and to EXTEND the combat of 1-2-3 chapter according to the level / rank of the opponent.

Once again I don't think the moon is asking for that and its improved the story in my opinion anyway.

Zekiel

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
still don't think Witch needed to die for this)
Saaaaaaame. Like why? I literally don't get it. It wasn't necessary if Elsie had done something

Nemiades

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Like why?
Cause Mashima usually was don't kill characters in FT. Maybe an 1-2 chapter and after this they was ressurect. And in EZ he was show us own seriousness. And that's all.

Cheesecake

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
Saaaaaaame. Like why? I literally don't get it. It wasn't necessary if Elsie had done something
Tbh, even if Elsie's there theres nothing much she can do for Witch's demise. The explosion was too huge for most people. IOS were running away as well, and they are as powerful as Elsie.

Giga_Gaia

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Guess you must've missed the part where Xeno said he's fodder to Ziggy, and that was before he got Wormhole.
We have absolutely no idea if Wormhole is permanent. For all you know, the things he takes with Gravity Drain are just temporary.

Yunkers

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Cause Mashima usually was don't kill characters in FT. Maybe an 1-2 chapter and after this they was ressurect. And in EZ he was show us own seriousness. And that's all.
Killing characters without any reason has nothing to do with "seriousness", it's kinda the contrary tbh. I personally wish that Witch die in better circumstances than random explosion out of nowhere, but Mashima probably just needed free spot for Shining Star for development of some character. Just wild guess - Kleene could be new Shield of Eden. She's super unecessary and forgetable right now, so she needs a reason to be there, plus she has Wind Gate protection stuff.

Last edited:

KingMusa

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Killing characters without any reason has nothing to do with "seriousness", it's kinda the contrary tbh. I personally wish that Witch die in better circumstances than random explosion out of nowhere, but Mashima probably just needed free spot for Shining Star for development of some character. Just wild guess - Kleene could be new Shield of Eden. She's super unecessary and forgetable right now, so she needs a reason to be there, plus she has Wind Gate protection stuff.
Random Explosion? The Empires Bombs weren't random

Yunkers

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Yup, final pages of chapter 164

Doesn't count really. Maybe I didn't use correct words, but what I meant was there anything suggesting that before the whole explosion part started. This one was said when the explosion was already set up. We don't know if this was Ziggy's plan from the begining or was it made up in the last second.