Predictions Edward Weevil is the leader of the Rocks ("Locks") Pirate group

Barrier

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The idea that the so-called Captain of Big Mom and Kaido with a mere 480m bounty...
Bounty doesn't represent strength. However, I know what you are hinting at. There are a lot of theories mentioned above (without proof) why that is possible. It is up to you to take it with a grain of salt or not.

Sometimes you take this stuff too seriously. It's a fun theory after all. Every one is bored due to the break, so give them a break lol.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Long story short,
Actually I did. I did point out your mistakes. So my objective was fulfilled.

Hannibal Psyche

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Bounty doesn't represent strength. However, I know what you are hinting at. There are a lot of theories mentioned above (without proof) why that is possible. It is up to you to take it with a grain of salt or not.

Sometimes you take this stuff too seriously. It's a fun theory after all. Every one is bored due to the break, so give them a break lol.
Who said strength? Bounty and strength are not strongly related.

Bounty would reflect the amount of crimes and incident he's been involved in. You think Someone of that status would have a ,mere bounty of 480 million? That's absurd.
Actually I did. I did point out your mistakes. So my objective was fulfilled.
And your idea the Theory stands is nonsensical. You're yet to disprove it.

Barrier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just because it's a movie Oda was involved in doesn't make it Canon.
I agree. However, it doesn't stop Oda from integrating non canon into canon.
Yet you went on to state that he was involved implying that;s the point you were trying to make.
Since he was involved it was different from Movie 4. That is point I was trying to make.
You think Someone of that status would have a ,mere bounty of 480 million? That's absurd.
I did give you the reasons for that. And I said those theories were for fun.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I agree. However, it doesn't stop Oda from integrating non canon into canon.
Still irrrelevant. Could make that claim about anything, so it's a moot point. It doesn't advance the story.

It's as absurd as saying Oda can make Shiki's defeat to Luffy Canon, well great pointing out the obvious.

Since he was involved it was different from Movie 4. That is point I was trying to make.
Wrong, he said Oda created the character, therefore, Zephyr and this 7th Shichibukai are Canon.

The character of Zephyr was designed by Oda himself. There is a possibilty the background of Zephyr (that was made by Oda) was made with the intention of not contradicting the canon.
You made the wrong point.

Barrier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I did give you the reasons for that. And I said those theories were for fun.
It's a theory, it's meant to be proven or disproved.

He didn't say it was fan-fiction. Difference buddy.
I am not talking about the theory. I am talking about the movies.
Well, re-read the thread and gather some context. We were discussing the Theory.

Barrier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wrong, he said Oda created the character, therefore, Zephyr and this 7th Shichibukai are Canon.
He did. I did not. I was always taking aboutabout 10 not Movie 11.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
He did. I did not. I was always taking aboutabout 10 not Movie 11.
You're talking about the wrong thing buddy. Read the title, it's about Weevil.

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Lol, it's impossible. You have no idea how old Marco is. You'd be delusional to state you did. This is Marco and co. 20 years apart and you really think you can claim their age?

Lol in these very same pictures Jozu is slightly taller than Marco in the first...

AND THREE TIMES MARCO'S SIZE IN THE SECOND. In both height and width. Thanks for inadvertly supporting me.

And yes I can tell just from looking because Oda has his indicators. Marco is a difficult case because he is likely meant to look young. Still it is easy to deduce that he is over 30 and not way over 50 in the current timeline.

If you look at characters with revealed ages from the same age group, it become's easier to notice the patterns. Compare Robin, Hancock and Kalifa with Nami and Vivi and Rebecca. You would agree that the first three look older than the other three. Their eyes are smaller, their hairstyle's look more mature, as does their clothing.

Weevil's face looks like he is in his 20s (childish features), while his body looks like he is in his 30s (hairy) at least.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Lol in these very same pictures Jozu is slightly taller than Marco in the first...

AND THREE TIMES MARCO'S SIZE IN THE SECOND. In both height and width. Thanks for inadvertly supporting me.

And yes I can tell just from looking because Oda has his indicators. Marco is a difficult case because he is likely meant to look young. Still it is easy to deduce that he is over 30 and not way over 50 in the current timeline.

If you look at characters with revealed ages from the same age group, it become's easier to notice the patterns. Compare Robin, Hancock and Kalifa with Nami and Vivi and Rebecca. You would agree that the first three look older than the other three. Their eyes are smaller, their hairstyle's look more mature, as does their clothing.

Weevil's face looks like he is in his 20s (childish features), while his body looks like he is in his 30s (hairy) at least.
Like I said, it's delusional to think you can estimate ages from just a picture, lol.

1. Trebol is 18 here.
  2. Pica is 9 here.
  3. Diamante is 14.

They easily look in their 20s and 30s in this, yet they're much younger. So, thinking you can estimate age by picture, you're deluding yourself.

You must be clowning, lol. It's only like that due to angle buddy. This is Chapter 0 f you're not familiar with it.

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Like I said, it's delusional to think you can estimate ages from just a picture, lol.

1. Trebol is 18 here.
  2. Pica is 9 here.
  3. Diamante is 14.

They easily look in their 20s and 30s in this, yet they're much younger. So, thinking you can estimate age by picture, you're deluding yourself.
They all have indicators for characters of their age. No wrinkles, no real facial hair, plus their body size. No one of them looks like he could be thirty. Put them next to Franky and you see that they all look younger. Also these are street thugs. They intend to look older, that's part of their image.

What does estimate mean? Does it mean that I can tell you exactly how old a character is? No, but I can give you the direction. Artstyle-wise there seem to be four to five groups considering adult characters:

Post-Puberty - Mid/Late Twenties

Late 20s - 30s
40 - 50s
(These two are the hardest to differentiate)

50s - 60s
Older than 70 years.

If you provide the images, I can give you an estimation for all characters with unrevealed ages tommorow. Then we can see how close or far away I am from the actual ages when Oda reveals them in a Databook or SBS.

You must be clowning, lol. It's only like that due to angle buddy. This is Chapter 0 f you're not familiar with it.
Okay I stand corrected here.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
They all have indicators for characters of their age. No wrinkles, no real facial hair, plus their body size. No one of them looks like he could be thirty. Put them next to Franky and you see that they all look younger. Also these are street thugs. They intend to look older, that's part of their image.

What does estimate mean? Does it mean that I can tell you exactly how old a character is? No, but I can give you the direction. Artstyle-wise there seem to be four to five groups considering adult characters:

Post-Puberty - Mid/Late Twenties

Late 20s - 30s
40 - 50s
(These two are the hardest to differentiate)

50s - 60s
Older than 70 years.

If you provide the images, I can give you an estimation for all characters with unrevealed ages tommorow. Then we can see how close or far away I am from the actual ages when Oda reveals them in a Databook or SBS.

Okay I stand corrected here.
Honestly, I'll just leave it here. Weevil is Rox/Lox.

catagon87

Reaction score
Country
United States
I honestly don't know whether my crazy theory is correct or not and there's a lot of good points here, but I was definitely correct on one thing:

Clicking "Post New Thread" gives me a much better / bigger spotlight to portray my ideas than clicking "reply" on a 35 page, 4 and a half year old thread.
And yeah, the thread has garnered 11 posts in a 24 hour period, and 177 views, so maybe there's a method to my madness.

modoki

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Weeble looks like doctor hogbacks work

catagon87

Reaction score
Country
United States
Unrelated to him being "Rocks" captain, but I would love to see Weevil turn up in Wano.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Like I said this is all silly conjecture, but in the 1 in 10000 chance it is what Oda actually has planned, I want to own it.
HERETIC! If it's true no one owns it but Oda!! Repent now. Before Oda decides to punish you in some appropriate fashion. You are but a mouthpiece for him, at best, nothing more!

Hayaku!

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
To me the big question would be... what was rocks? It sounds unlikely it would be a pirate group with a structure comparable to today considering how garp framed things. If it was a pirate crew from 40 years ago.... how would they be able to exist today if it was disbanded? Add to that, garp because hero of the marines over this... But of course, if it was a particularly powerful pirate crew then it makes no sense that a single man could disband it. Imagine garp in his prime going up against any one yonko crew.... I don't care how strong garp was in his prime, he has zero chances of victory. Specially if this was over 40 years ago when garp would have been around 30 or less. At that time Big mom was already an extremely powerful pirate.

On the other hand if they weren't a conventional pirate crew I have no idea of what they could be.

catagon87

Reaction score
Country
United States
To me the big question would be... what was rocks? It sounds unlikely it would be a pirate group with a structure comparable to today considering how garp framed things. If it was a pirate crew from 40 years ago.... how would they be able to exist today if it was disbanded? Add to that, garp because hero of the marines over this... But of course, if it was a particularly powerful pirate crew then it makes no sense that a single man could disband it. Imagine garp in his prime going up against any one yonko crew.... I don't care how strong garp was in his prime, he has zero chances of victory. Specially if this was over 40 years ago when garp would have been around 30 or less. At that time Big mom was already an extremely powerful pirate.

On the other hand if they weren't a conventional pirate crew I have no idea of what they could be.
Yeah it feels like we don't know enough about Yonko or whatever. Did they exist before current yonko? Did Roger's era have Yonko? I thought Shichibukai were a response to the great pirate era so the balance of the past would have been just Marines vs Pirates.
If Rocks was a crew like Roger's crew, where Garp was constantly cornering Roger (apparently), then maybe it makes sense that he disbanded Rocks.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
What if Edward is the latest captain?