Discussion Equal but Opposite - What makes the Shinigami polar opposites of the Quincies?

Lee.J.Baxter

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, so I've set up this thread to discuss what might connect the dots between the Shinigami and Quincies, which have been stated on several occasions to be "polar opposites" to each other. This is something I've been dying to find out from Bleach, as we've seen the term isn't loosely used, as they're literally the opposite on the atomic level, as shown by Urahara's method of stabilizing the Vizard transformations. Allow me to offer my own theory...

We know Yhwach's power is to insert part of his soul into a Human to "fix" them, and then he gains their knowledge, skills and power after they die. This also restores Yhwach's own body; he's kinda like the monster in Jeepers Creepers. Back when we first learned about Yhwach's origins, one of the panels caught my eye; Yhwach has the ability to mend broken hearts. Now, look at what Shinigami do when they slay Hollows; they're essentially "fixing" their broken hearts in pretty much the same way. What I'm trying to say here is there's a possibility that the Shinigami share the same relationship with Hollows as Yhwach does with Humans.

This may also explain WHAT the Shinigami are; Hollows that have received a part of the Shinigami progenitor's (let's assume it's the Soul King) soul which has "fixed" them. We know Nimaiya created all of the Asauchi, so it could be that the Asauchi were designed to be able to insert part of the Soul King's soul into those that they purify either through slaying or performing a soul burial.

Join in with your theories!!!

Nanozom

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Please register to see the content of this post.

Lee.J.Baxter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation