Fantasy - Erza Scarlet v Jura Neekis | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Erza Scarlet v Jura Neekis

Who wins?

• Erza Scarlet

Votes: 24 70.6%
  • Jura Neekis

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

iDooom

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So for him being a league above Erza to Erza suddenly beating him low diff............................wait I guess your right, he didn't mean he didn't grow he meant he regressed.

My bad
That was never true. By feats, Erza was on par with Jura in Oracion Seis Arc and slightly below Jura in GMG. Alvarez Jura seems comparable to the GOI, but Jura + GOI all performed so poorly against God Serena that Ajeel could possibly solo them.
They awoke 2nd Origin that's why they doubled their power, but its different now, there is just no way Ezra can grow so much in a few month, not even the MC can grow in power that much
Gajeel supposedly improved as much as SO Natsu did with 3 months training, so yes it's possible.

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
That was never true. By feats, Erza was on par with Jura in Oracion Seis Arc and slightly below Jura in GMG. Alvarez Jura seems comparable to the GOI, but Jura + GOI all performed so poorly against God Serena that Ajeel could possibly solo them.
Manga feats show that God Serena and Ajeel are worlds apart in terms of strength, you are right that Jura and Erza were somewhat close when Jura first joined the WS but in the GMG Jura was leagues ahead of Erza, it was even stated that he has been training hard to close the gap between him and the top 4, so how on earthland did Erza increase her strength to the point were she could low diff Jura?

some people just post for the sake of posting without proper thought or reason

Gajeel supposedly improved as much as SO Natsu did with 3 months training, so yes it's possible.
What are you trying to imply here, are you trying to say Erza has 3rd origion now and that she tripled her strength?
I just don't get you logic and understanding of the story, also Gajeel improved but not to the levels Natsu did, this was shown by feats and by what Rogue said

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
How do you know that Erza was stronger than Jura in the OS Arc? Jura showed us way more impressive feats in that arc compared to Erza. Jura defeated the master of the Oracion Seis with easy diff, while Erza took out Midnight with high diff. Even though Brain wasn't in his Zero form, he is still more or less equal with Midnight. But still, Erza had a harder time.

Erza slightly below Jura? You're actually saying that she's slightly below Laxus. Laxus defeated Jura with extreme high diff. Laxus is one or two tiers above Erza.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Well everyone was surprised that Erza took out all the monsters in pandemonium which was an absurd feat. Laxus would be stronger than Erza yes, but not by much tbh. Erza has remained one of the powerhouses of the guild. With her versatility and numerous armors/weapons, I think she can pull off a win against Jura. Even if one were to argue that Jura might be a bit stronger, Erza has ridiculous endurance and durability. I mean, when it seems like she's down and out, she just keeps pulling out power. Some say this is plot bs, admittedly, the plot favors her and makes some of these seem absurd, but that's simply how the author made her character. In comparison, Jura hasn't shown endurance on Erza's level. I don't think Erza has actually lost a fight because she ran out of MP or got fatigued. Those happen after she's won. She defeated powerful opponent even when she was supposed to be down and out. Her tolerance level is just too high. And in the case that Jura may actually be stronger, he can't outlast her. I judge them as pretty much equals or Erza being slightly stronger. But factoring in endurance and durability, it goes to Erza.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
They awoke 2nd Origin that's why they doubled their power, but its different now, there is just no way Ezra can grow so much in a few month, not even the MC can grow in power that much
An MC can and they have, look at Natsu.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
An MC can and they have, look at Natsu.
There is a reasonable explanation for Natsu's growth, same for all the DS and Gray, but what reasonable explanation will you give for Erza going from few levels weaker than Jura to becoming able to low dif him?

iDooom

Reaction score
Country
United States
Manga feats show that God Serena and Ajeel are worlds apart in terms of strength, you are right that Jura and Erza were somewhat close when Jura first joined the WS but in the GMG Jura was leagues ahead of Erza, it was even stated that he has been training hard to close the gap between him and the top 4, so how on earthland did Erza increase her strength to the point were she could low diff Jura?

some people just post for the sake of posting without proper thought or reason
Given: Lyon ≈ Gray in Oracion Seis arc.

Lyon got +7 years of training while Gray got SO.

GMG Lyon ≈ GMG Gray.

Problem 1.

Jura ≈ Erza in Oracion Seis arc.

Jura got +7 years of training while Erza got SO.

GMG Jura ? GMG Erza.

Which mathematical symbol should replace the '?' above?

And before you say that Jura improved more than Lyon because he wanted to get a high rank in the WS, answer this: will anything bad happen if Jura fails to become a high rank Wizard Saint? I don't see how it's any different from Natsu or Gray wanting to make S-Class in FT. Lyon probably also wants to make S-Class in Lamia Scale. Would any mage in their right mind not want to be S-Class or a high rank Wizard Saint? Jose probably wanted to move up in the Wizard Saint rankings; did that make him stronger than Makarov?

What are you trying to imply here, are you trying to say Erza has 3rd origion now and that she tripled her strength?
I just don't get you logic and understanding of the story, also Gajeel improved but not to the levels Natsu did, this was shown by feats and by what Rogue said
Erza just has to improve more than Jura to be able to beat him. GMG Jura > GMG Erza (high diff) becomes current Jura < current Erza (mid diff).

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
GMG Erza wouldn't beat Jura but she'd put up a pretty good fight. Probably mid-high diff range. She's improved more than Jura since the GMG though, just using their performance against Spriggans for that. Erza is one of the hardest people to scale improvements for coz she doesn't have AoE moves that make it easy, so it's only fair to rate her vs opponent imo.

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah this is easy for me Erza low-mid Diff imo she has had a better showing post timeskip simple as that and i agree with several of the others on this thread as far as the whole Ajeel=God Serena from what i have seen in less the GOI have more panel time later in the arc they kinda looked like scrubs in comparison to what we have been told about them, in other words i believe God Serena beating the GOI like he did was more about them being disappointing not him being leagues above Ajeel or other Spriggan 12 members but that's what this whole debate is about interpretation and it could be viewed either way, i just think it's absurd to believe that the "feats" in the manga show that Ajeel or any other Spriggan is clearly weaker because that's just all opinion not fact and as such i believe Erza's feat in terms of defeating Ajeel even with the help she received from the Jupiter cannon to be the best feat among either of them by a large margin post timeskip leading me to believe this is her win but again this is just all my interpretation.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I have To Change My Opinion.After Analysing Erza and Her Feats in Avatar and Alvarez Empire Arc She still hasn't shown any Feats which we can put above Jura.She may be close to Jura but I Will Put Jura above Her.

iDooom

Reaction score
Country
United States
In case there is any more doubt about GMG Erza vs GMG Jura, I will put this here.

Gray said this after the 7 year timeskip:

Now, of all the FT mages, who was the one who participated in the GMG without training or power-up (for the first four days)?

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Given: Lyon ≈ Gray in Oracion Seis arc.

Lyon got +7 years of training while Gray got SO.

GMG Lyon ≈ GMG Gray.
Lyon was stronger than Gray and only won the fight because Gruvia had better team work.

Problem 1.
Jura ≈ Erza in Oracion Seis arc.
Jura got +7 years of training while Erza got SO.
GMG Jura ? GMG Erza.
Which mathematical symbol should replace the '?' above?
Jura was stronger than Erza back then in the OS arc.
SO improved Erza but even so GMG Jura was still stronger than Erza and by more than he was 7years ago.
GMG Jura > GMG Erza

And before you say that Jura improved more than Lyon because he wanted to get a high rank in the WS, answer this: will anything bad happen if Jura fails to become a high rank Wizard Saint? I don't see how it's any different from Natsu or Gray wanting to make S-Class in FT. Lyon probably also wants to make S-Class in Lamia Scale. Would any mage in their right mind not want to be S-Class or a high rank Wizard Saint? Jose probably wanted to move up in the Wizard Saint rankings; did that make him stronger than Makarov?
I still don't get what your trying to imply by this!

Erza just has to improve more than Jura to be able to beat him. GMG Jura > GMG Erza (high diff) becomes current Jura < current Erza (mid diff).
sure thing Erza improved by a lot same as the rest of the main cast but Erza didn't improve so much so that she could more than quadruple he strength to mid diff Jura, that's just crazy and impossible even for Hiro

Last edited:

iDooom

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lyon was stronger than Gray and only won the fight because Gruvia had better team work.
But GMG Lyon was not a tier above GMG Gray, yes?

Jura was stronger than Erza back then in the OS arc.
SO improved Erza but even so GMG Jura was still stronger than Erza and by more than he was 7years ago.
GMG Jura > GMG Erza
There's not much to suggest that Jura > Erza in OS arc, and feats put them on par. GMG Jura isn't winning easier than high diff.

I still don't get what your trying to imply by this!
Jura doesn't have more motivation to improve than someone like Lyon.

[/QUOTE]sure thing Erza improved by a lot same as the rest of the main cast but Erza didn't improve so much so that she could more than quadruple he strength to mid diff Jura, that's just crazy and impossible even for Hiro[/QUOTE]

Doesn't take that much improvement to swing from high diff one way to mid diff the other way.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
There is a reasonable explanation for Natsu's growth, same for all the DS and Gray, but what reasonable explanation will you give for Erza going from few levels weaker than Jura to becoming able to low dif him?
What excuse is there for Natsu and Gray but not Erza?

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
What excuse is there for Natsu and Gray but not Erza?
dude Natsu got a power up from his dragon leaving his body and he was training with Gildarts, also we can safely assume he has control over DF now, same goes for Gray before TS he got a power up from his dad and he can now control that power, but what has Erza done?

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Okay, so I'm not following all this discussions, but there are a view things which disturbs me.

OS Erza isn't even close to OS Jura. I don't understand why some people think this. Jura showed way more impressive feats in this arc than Erza did. Jura took down Brain, who is the leader from the Oración Seis, with easy diff. Erza took down Midnight with high diff. So if OS Erza is stronger than OS Jura, this means Midnight is tiers above Brain. No, just no. Even though I think Midnight could be the strongest mage from Oración Seis, he is still more or less equal with Brain. They're on the same tier. Jura had way less trouble with defeating an Oración Seis tier mage. Isn't this already proof that OS Jura > OS Erza mid diff, based on 'calculations'.

There isn't a big difference between Second Origin and 7 years of training. Yes, Erza showed us how strong she was by defeating 100 monsters in Pandemonium, but would she had the same score as Jura with the MPF? Nope. Jura has more magic power than Erza. Jura has feats above Erza like strength, power and defense. Erza would only outclass him with speed. And remember what Jura did against Jellal's Meteor? Erza has a nice stamina, but she can't keep up with Jura's defense. GMG Jura > GMG Erza.

And now we're in the Alvarez Arc. Erza became stronger but so did Jura. But exactly what made Erza look a lot stronger than GMG Erza? Her strongest armor is still Nakagami Armor. What did Nakagami Armor showed us so far? Well, she took Minerva down with it which is quite impressive, but she didn't defeat Ajeel with it. She just gave the final blow which wasn't needed. Erza was overpowered by Ajeel. Even if she would've used Nakagami Armor before the Jupiter blast, she still would've been overpowered. Both Erza and Jura aren't Spriggan tier. Both of them haven't shown a lot of new feats compared to the GMG arc. I'd say Alvarez Jura > Alvarez Erza because Erza can't surpass Jura if he has trained as well.

In the end, Jura > Erza high diff. And I think it would be high diff because Erza gave a good fight against Ajeel.

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
i think you have some fair points but a few thing's i would like to point out, Midnight was said to be more powerful than Brain however i don't think that changes the fact that i agree Jura was stronger in that arc by a decent bit, in the GMG arc i also agree that imo they stayed largely the same in that Jura was stronger overall however i do believe that Nakagami Starlight is the strongest attack we have seen in combat between the two and also just the armor's ability to nullify magic as well is formidable, Rumbling Mt. Fuji may trump it i'm not sure on that as we only ever saw it used on that machine so who knows. i think the difference for me is that while after the timeskip Erza has damaged a Spriggan and landed the final blow against one which i do believe was quite necessary otherwise why would Mashima have showed her using it? Meanwhile Jura has showed nothing new and got beat by someone who has never been designated as being any stronger than Ajeel in God Serena, Under your logic if Jura is stronger than Erza and there are 3 others that are ranked higher than Jura who fought God Serena with him yet still got beat easily and Erza was clearly at least a tier below Ajeel than God Serena is 3-4 times stronger than Ajeel or something of the sort which i find absurd even for someone like August who has been practically stated as being much stronger than the others.

Last edited:

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
dude Natsu got a power up from his dragon leaving his body and he was training with Gildarts, also we can safely assume he has control over DF now, same goes for Gray before TS he got a power up from his dad and he can now control that power, but what has Erza done?
Please stop, he was with Gildarts for one chapter and Igneel levaing his bdy doesn't make him stronger, while the magic he got from Igneel has ran out and Natsu's strength without Igneel's magic grew immensely. Again them gaining new powers isn't increasing their growth rate.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Please stop, he was with Gildarts for one chapter and Igneel levaing his bdy doesn't make him stronger, while the magic he got from Igneel has ran out and Natsu's strength without Igneel's magic grew immensely. Again them gaining new powers isn't increasing their growth rate.
if you followed the plot you wouldn't be as confused!
How long is that 1 chapter in FT timeline
About the dragons leaving the DS bodies, it was implied that the dragons were holding back the growth of the slayers until they could finish developing the antibodies so the 5 slayers wont turn into dragons, so at this point in time the slayers have full access to their power because the dragons aren't holding them back so them developing at a considerable peace is not out of the question.
You have lost this battle you just grasping at straws at this point