1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Want to try an epicly kawaii RPG? Check this out!
  3. Time for a new Photography Art Contest! Submissions for Bad Weather Photography Contest has begun. Enjoying those beautiful weathers, show off your photography skill!

Also, you may vote for your favorite piece in the Summer Art Contest Manga Helpers Flag !
  4. The Manga League is finally here!
  5. World Cup 2018 has begun. Come discuss everything about the tournament HERE!
  6. The MangaHelpers Waifu Wars 2018 have entered its third round! Fight for your Waifu now!
  7. The new season of the Anime League is here!
  8. The Tokyo Ghoul Awards have begun! Nominate your favorite moments and characters now!
  9. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!

One Cour Fate/Extra:Last Encore

Discussion in 'Anime and Drama Archive' started by Zasz, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Bon

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    An Archer who can turn invisible and uses poison? That's something I would expect from an Assassin.

Is Hakuno immortal or something? :notsure

2. Jammin

Jammin Androssi Worshiper

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!

Mangahelper

United States
    I thought for sure that tea was poisoned and she was trying to steal his servant. I was 100% sure. Good fake out on Shaft's part.

3. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    Is Hakuno not even react to Saber naked normal? :garbear

I take the Archer is Robin Hood?Their dress,taking cover in forest is a hint to that.

Want to more about Rani and where is Rin???:hmm

4. Jammin

Mangahelper

United States
    So floor bosses are defeated masters and can therefor no longer ascend. That explains a bit. And I guess Hakuno is essentially a composite being made up of the souls of the victims of the moon cell. Which is why the Deathface persona is a thing.

Though I have to say as much as I'm enjoying this show. The combination Shaft and Fate pretty much has every upside and downside as we were expecting. The presentation is unique but also pretty hard to follow visually. When it works it's amazing. When it doesn't I barely have any idea what's going on.

5. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Bon

Global Moderator

France
    Good episode, this series is pretty good but the recent battles haven't been very exciting. Hopefully it'll change in the future.

6. Jammin

Mangahelper

United States
    They may need to get some drug testing going over at Shaft because there must be something really trippy in the water.:XD

I enjoyed it but still.. that was well and truly insane.

7. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Bon

Global Moderator

France
    This floor is beautiful.

I was a bit bored by the exposition this time. Since there are two episodes for this one maybe it'll be better than the previous floor overall.

I wonder what Rin is planning, she should know that Hakuno is Deadface.

8. Wowzers

Wowzers MH Senpai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Canada
    This episode is kind of like Alice in Wonderland-esque.

9. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    Guys were you able to see the latest episode?I can't find it anywhere.

10. Jammin

Mangahelper

United States
    Just went up today. Check Nyaa.

Netflix needs to get their shit together with this anime licensing thing. We should not have to rely on fansubs for Fate. It's just wrong. I just do not believe that they can't get some form of simulpub working.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 13, 2018, Original Post Date: Mar 13, 2018 ---
    Just watched it myself.

To be honest, not a fan. Probably doens't help that I hate Alice in Wonderland. Just not into what it was doing.

11. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Bon

Global Moderator

France
    I am not sure I understood everything but I liked the episode. Rin disappears again and she didn't explain how she can use a Servent's NP.

12. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    I didn't like this episode.

Though i felt Alice was somewhat similar to to Ilya.

13. mr.potato here

mr.potato here Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

India
    I somewhat enjoyed the episode because the episode reminded me of Madoka Magica. It is sad that this series is facing the same problem as fate/Apocrypha. But still, I'd rather prefer fansub because of UmU counter.
    [​IMG]

But, it would be great if it was subbed quickly because watching raw is pretty tough because of characters like nursery rhyme and Nero who use words which are tough to translate.
    Still, the episode was good and made rin's character more interesting and mysterious.

Demonspeed and Wowzers like this.
  14. Wowzers

Wowzers MH Senpai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Canada
    Please! Im drinking coffee here! :XD

15. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Bon

Global Moderator

France
    That episode might be the most confusing. Basically Hakuno is not really Hakuno but just hatred with her form? Now that he is seemingly dying? Is he going to respawn?

And the world is like that because of some lunatic who made a wish? I wish they would at least explain how Rin can use Servant powers.

16. niichan

niichan Type E

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Administrator

Germany
    It's... kind of complicated. You will inevitably misunderstand or don't understand some things if you haven't played the game (Fate/Extra). I should say that Last Encore is way different, it plays 1000 years after EXTRA it seems, but it does have lots of info that makes this easier to understand.

Dead Face stuff isn't so hard though. The Moon Cell (S.E.R.A.P.H) stopped the Holy Grail War system and basically shut down, so the anger and hatred and whatnot of the deceased isn't deleted but remains. That mass of data hatred basically infects a dead body, and overwrights everything, until that dead body becomes a "walking dead" of sorts, with no goals or a purpose besides killing. Now if that mass of hatred took over the original Hakuno and changed her form is anyone's guess, but it seems likely. (in the game you could play both as female or male).

As for Twice (glasses guy) and about the "real world", I will keep that in spoiler tags bc it's spoiling stuff from the EXTRA game, but people who likely won't ever play it are free to read this ;)

The world's mana has dried up in the world of EXTRA, thanks to a "certain event" (meaning it's different from the Fate/Stay Night timeline). Because of that, the world is slowly falling to ruin, though ofc mankind tries to find ways to survive. Just like you would expect though, lots of wars happen and things look rather grim.

Twice is basically the endboss in the game (after you win the HGW), together with his Servant. His backstory would take too long, but basically he wants the Master to wish for a continued war, until humanity is reduced to a point where they can find the one true path to save themselves. Basically he believes that humanity can only advance through war, and that this is the only way to make sure humanity survives. Now with Episode 8 of Fate/Extra Last Encore it looks like he gave up at some point because each Master kept refusing and battled him (in the game you win, but for Last Encore it looks like no one managed to defeat him). What's the current state of humanity on Earth is anyone's best guess, but I imagine humanity could very well be gone at this point. Who knows, but it's been 1000 years since EXTRA, and Twice gave up, so that probably means things must be really bad.

If you wanna know why Twice couldn't make that wish himself... short version is, he's basically an NPC who gained a sense of self at some point, but if he tried to make a wish SERAPH would've noticed and simply deleted him. Doesn't have anything to do with Last Encore, but I thought this might be worth mentioning.

As for why Rin can use Cu's power, they made a recent entry on the site:

"Demi-Servant
    One who has taken a Servant's data within his body, inheriting his abilities.
    Fundamentally, this can only be established with a Servant one has summoned and formed a contract with.
    However, one cannot withstand the Saint Graph (spiritual foundation) of a Heroic Spirit no matter what sort of Master he may be, and supposedly will break down along the way.
    It may be possible to withstand this if the individual has been modified for this from birth, but...."

You might've guessed already, but yeah, in Fate/Extra Rin was Cu Chulainn's master.

Hope all that helped you to get a better idea :mono

17. Jammin

Mangahelper

United States
    You really do need a doctorate in Fate lore to fully understand this anime.

I've kind of just reverted back to enjoying it for the "umu" content. Once Fate starts getting into the Moon Cell, SE.RA.PH., and Angelica Cage stuff I'm gone. My body is still there and I look like I'm still watching but my eyes just glaze over and my mind goes to a faraway place where psuedo-science can't get me.:p

Demonspeed likes this.
  18. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    I don't know why i am not enjoying this show much.I love Fate series,Fate Zero is one of my favourite shows but this is the only Fate work i am not enjoying a bit.Maybe i didn't play the game or i am not understanding but can't really enjoy this as much like i did with every Fate series.

19. Jammin

Mangahelper

United States
    I get that. It's the least Fate-like show in the franchise so far. In addition to depending on knowing a lot of lore that I feel like among us only niichan actually understands, it's a very Shaft style show. Which is not what Fate usually is.

Most of my enjoyment comes from my love of Shaft's style and the Umu Empress. As a Fate show I don't think it's that good. It's too weird. Even by Fate standards.

Still, as long as it gives me Umus and head tilts, I'm happy.:^_^

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    niichan and Arjuna like this.
  20. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    Umu umu umu that is our motto now.

Let us all say,"UMU":hearts

Jammin likes this.