A Fateful Encounter | Page 138 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work

• Total voters

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Brutal
:derp
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Btw I find gretel the most messed up out those I did (yet to finish everyone story in act1)
She also my main as I got her minstrel version

Reactions: Sky

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Went with red riding hood because she is moe. And pychotic.
Just started chap 3 or so... So far it is amazingly easy for a Yoko Taro game.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
It probably going to get more complicated we still in act 1 after all
Btw what's your ID ?
Mine this is 840743376

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It probably going to get more complicated we still in act 1 after all
Btw what's your ID ?
Mine this is 840743376
The system is fun though. Especially because of the absurd variety of weapons.

My ID is 286657971.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I may try this game too. Creepy girls from fairy tales. I'm into it.

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Will HxH ever come back? :emobirb

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Oh shit, here we go...

It's like HxH in a way, a little rough and basic, but it allows you to follow the action and things that matter. And when it comes time for the money panel/page you get it. HxH cops it for its art which is a bit stiff in some respects, the art direction is very good, and there are some big time panels. (it's the walls of text that are tiresome).

I've put on a brief hold, got to 210ish, Nekoma is playing for third after losing to Fukuro (@revo I now get why your mans is Kuroo). Will resume next week. Aiming for about 50 chaps a week.
Good analysis :nod How far did you get by now?

There's a good chance the series will end in another two or three weeks btw... :(

Ah really? That freelance job sounds like the literal worst to be honest. Yes extra money, but you need free time to do fun things :emobirb
I can imagine though, must be pretty bad if you even had to work on your holiday yes.
Well it is the worst to some extent... :XD I mean, I like the job, so that helps a lot, but there's too much work for too little time, that's the main issue. Maybe if I were a workaholic it wouldn't be so bad lol, but I very much like my free time :emobirb But well, three parts out of five are more or less done, so that's something. Definitely going to sign up for less hours next time haha

Aahahhahaha nooooo, that's too accurate 😂 I think I did pretty well during the Evil Within run through, but that game is pretty straightfoward (so easy to predict basically).
Summer time just feels horror time for me. Like now, it's still 28C inside windows are all open and yessss. Lets go.
Never played Evil Within tbh, bc I heard mixed opinions (and you sorta have to be in the mood for a horror game, so I don't play that many :XD). Have you played "Outlast"? Now that one was quite intense, bc you really can't do anything but run away and/or hide lol.

And wouldn't all windows being open make everything even more scary? Well I guess as long as it isn't dark it shouldn't be a problem lol xD

I feel that I always need to catch up on who is who, even if I played something before/played an earlier entry. But to be fair, there are most likely a ton of explanation videos on youtube that will freshen it up.
like if you ever do feel the need to play. KH, but want to skip KH1 bc its terrible, there is this 3 hour long video telling the plot up until now.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I sometimes do the same. There's so much you read/watch/play that you need to refresh your memory sometimes.
Didn't I tell you I played the first KH? Didn't like it that much to be honest, so I never tried anything else. Sorta glad I did lol, bc it seems like suge a huge mess from what I've heard.

Oh really? I always had the impression Germany could keep up well with those kind of things. Though looking back, in highschool we had this project for German Class. Basically exchanging letters with German highschoolers that had Dutch class (we had to write german, they had to write dutch). It was a fun project, but even then e-mail would have been so much easier xD
But yeah, not everyone is efficient in these kind of things, especially because there is so much nowadays.
Nah, in terms of technology we really suck. Not in developing them or something, but spreading it around the country sorta thing. We're hopelessly behind compared to countries like Japan or heck, even Latvia or something, where digitization is almost everywhere. Here, it's almost nowhere, and if it exist, it's done clumsily most of the time... Schools suffer the most from that, especially during Corona. Your story says enough haha.

Mhnm yep. Educate your kid on safe internet use and so on - When I was young there was this huge thing about young girls getting undressed infront of the webcam and we were constantly warned not to do those type of things.
Yeah, I remember that. Like everyone was "that dude could be a filthy predator, don't show him anything". As someone who got together with two girls through the internet, I know that their parents were really really sceptic at first :XD Then again, I understand that parents are worried about that stuff, it's the last thing you want to see happen to your kid/s.

Aaah not exactly poor, but I was definitely not spoiled. I always had to save up by myself for those type of things (and that takes a long time if you have to rely on allowance/a paperround at 14). And to be fair, I was too awkward with my parents to even ask for things xD
oh, then it was pretty much the same for me. Might sound like whining, but I know that it sucks. Like, you don't really wanna ask your parents for anything bc you know they don't have much. And your allowance barely gives you enough to actually save for anything... It's the sorta thing where you can't really complain, but sometimes when I saw what other kids had or got, I was a little jealous. Though I did get consoles and games, so mb it wasn't that bad lol.

You know, what Shirou reminded me of? Of Harry Potter in the beginning of Stay Night. Very "Save the everyone but myself" - but later on during the route Shirou is so much more passionate (And to be fair, Harry isn't really).
Kiiind of upset the romance situation was not very developed - It felt very flat and random to me to be honest. But overall, the friendships/dynamics between characters were defnitely a lot of fun ~
lol that's an interesting comparison. Harry's definitely less passionate, and more of a "normal guy" as well, but they definitely have some similarities.

And yes, the romance doesn't get that developed, but I still think Saber and Shirou have good chemistry. What the Fate route lacks in terms of heartwarming situations you'll find in other works eventually :blush

@Nii are you ready for sinoalice
It's finally here aka tomorrow

Btw on a side note, will finally buy a new pc, already ordered it
I'm finally free form my shitty pc

it's lenovo l340 a gamer laptop after years of saving, I finally have a gamer pc
Whoa, congratz Asa :zomg Really happy for you, about time you got a proper PC. I hope it's working well so far?

And sorry to disappoint you, but I fear I don't have time for SinoAlice :feelsbadman I wanted to give it a try, but there's a lot going on atm + I know there's a Nier phone game coming, so what little spare time I have I think I'll spend on that once it gets a loc...

Mataku.. you are tsundere as usual. Such battler, much Emiya

Here have a pat. There there~ =3=

Anyway, yuuup. That was pretty much one of the favorites I have seen so far. Poor her, tbh. xD

I got some more for you tho in 3....2....

^ this one is kinda funny actually considering that Kanon
is Sayo xDDD

^ This one is also xDDDDD

Last but not least

That's about it for the time being~

Also @revo =3=
You know me so well Magi :3 I don't really want your pats, but I appreciate the gesture :lambirb

Beato x Battler is always good :nod lmao at the Kanon stuff, people really have some hilarious ideas :lmao

And the last pic is cute haha :wtf Thanks for sharing, as always!

You do know what Servants I like :heh and I appreciate you not sharing any Okita Alter pics... xD

Thanks for that :blush

Will HxH ever come back? :emobirb
I think it will return in 2021, but I still have some small hope for this year.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Good analysis :nod How far did you get by now?

There's a good chance the series will end in another two or three weeks btw... :(
Around 250ish. A little slower than anticipated.

That could work out well for me :teehee

Reactions: Nii

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Okay revo, let's do this :arf

Now when reading the latest chapter your words are even more right, so far the ending is being epic and emotional and very focused on Hinata, Kageyama too, like it should really be.

When the manga ends (how much do you think it can last? One or two months?) I'm sure I will reread from the first arc at least, the nostalgia already hits hard and I kinda miss seeing the introductions of the all grown-up characters. :hbunny
Yeah, it's basically one symbolic confrontation between Hinata and Kageyama, but that's what got the journey started, so it's only right it ends with that too. Really can't believe it's likely going to end in another 2 or 3 chapter :emobirb I've enjoyed it for so many years now, every week, but all good things must come to an end I guess...

You definitely have my whole support with the Haikyuu nomination in the MW :nod

Adventure is the most common type I love yes hahaha but not only in anime/manga, in general basically.
I mostly like romances and/or fantasy when it comes to anime :sweatbunny , regardless if it has action, comedy etc. I do read/watch slice of life mostly but I enjoy drama or action just the same.
What about you Nii? I remember you said you don't watch slice of life-only so you do like action more than anything? I feel that Fate is a whole package of most generes too in some way.
Who doesn't love a good adventure? I think there's barely anyone who doesn't get pumped when a work like that is done well and goes all out : D
And I figured those would be your favs haha, I'm not that different actually. Not big on slice of life only yes, but it can still be a lot of fun. I just like to have some extra spice basically, in form of romance and/or drama (most of the time they go hand in hand :XD).

I think my absolute fav works actually are good mysteries, something that gets your head thinking and amazed at plot twists xD That's why I enjoy works like Umineko or Tsukihime so much. Of course great action is always nice too, but I wouldn't say it's my absolute fav.
As you said, Fate basically is the whole package, I really like the overall style and have always been a pretty big fan of the author (who by now hasn't much to do with the majority of spin-offs lol) and his writing. It just clicks with me haha.

Gonna read Kokou n Hito anyways! Makes me curious and the art looks stunning, I have been too much into cute-like comedy series lately so this one should be good to take a break ^^ thanks for the recommendation again! Also I could hype about Akira for hours
but I kinda feel it's not your type of manga at all, the soundtrack of the movie was pretty great if you want to check it someday though, and there's also the anime remake they're currently doing.
If you do, I'm looking forward to your thoughts :blush
And the remake anime sounds like the perfect chance to get into Akira :zomg (if it's done well...)
Been meaning to check it out for a while, but it's not often I pick up already finished works.

Mmhm! She showed me that and a lot of other material too, but I need to catch up with it. The openings of the VN and the soundtrack of it in general is incredible, I like to reread some manga chapters while listeing to some, will show you some of the ones I like when I can o/.
Yes, it's got one of the best OSTs in existence, if you ask me :wtf I remember when I spammed to tracks in my thread and tagged a bunch of guys, and I think you were among them too? xD
And please show me your favourites :3

Totally agreed with you there, sometimes when re-reading some parts of the plot I do think something similar to "maybe they're making this part unnecesarly complicated?". I feel personally that Umineko is a very complex universe in general for what anime/manga is in general, not only the plot but also how it uses the whole crime/mystery genere, that's something I praise a lot but also makes me think "no wonder the fandom can be so little, this probably scares peopl away because it's too much sometimes " xD. Also for what you said, it's old and long. Even Higurashi was a bit less messy, or at least the anime managed to make it like that (as it's far more popular).
Yeah, it's what makes Umi both amazing and overwhelming. Some parts definitely can be a bit too much, and I know there are many who're no fan of leaving things vague. The manga was a lot more forgiving in that regard and gives you concrete answers for almost everything, but I think I told you that in the VN you had to figure out most of the stuff yourself, and ofc many weren't too happy with that (hence why the manga gave more answers, I assume).

There also was @syx who had pages and pages of notices and theories he shared with me lol :XD That was really amazing to see, but also felt like maybe he was burdening himself with it a bit too much.

In general I think Umi is a lot more ambitious than Higurashi (which is not to say it's worse or something), and succeeds mostly, but also fails with some aspects. Think that's pretty much normal though.

I knew it heh especially since most of the best Fate artists are on pixiv, and some few others on twitter, I bet you have many wonderful ones saved. I'm still trying to collect quite some.
Hahaha I do sound like a yuri fanatic sometimes but the Nobu/Okita got me after reading about the characters and later their interactions, the fanarts of them fit them perfectly too, is the type of dynamic I really like in a ship (also in the first few fanarts I saw of Nobunaga, I thought she was a male character lmao so found out later it was a yuri ship in the end).
You're on your way to being a great Fate fan ;)
And Okita and Nobu have great interactions yes. I wonder though, what type of dynamic are you talking about exactly?

Yes, in the end you were right, Fate isn't really that of a mess of universe, you just need to understand at least how the Master and Servant system works in general. And after lurking more about some others seasons and what you told me in my thread yes, they're mostly silly/decent anime series that are cool but not the most important ones. :XD I will still check them someday.
And I got into some characters for real, so don't worry, I don't feel pressed or anything, I really like to see how the VN makes things go. ^_^
Yup, you need to understand the core system and the mechanics behind it, and then you're pretty much good to go. That's why I always recommend the original work (Fate/Stay Night) because it explains everything to you, and every spin-off is based on what you learn there. Once you're done with that, you can basically read/watch whatever :nod

There's a bunch of good and some not so good works, but I do have a rec or two ready for you once you're done with the VN :teehee Made any progress? :lambirb

Agreed a lot into how shonen is getting worse somehow, I commented to someone days ago how most of the final chapters and final arcs in general of adventure/action shonens are being...well, bad, and rushed as well. It just calls my attention how it's kind of a trope, though you're right that such long mangas make it hard to keep the quality. Still, there are some other long-running series that aren't specifically shonen and are doing good, so I feel that, like Jamms said in the Top Ten thread, the pressure of the popularity, the editors and the readers count a lot when it comes to the stress of the mangakas.
Oh, definitely. Last chapters are hard to do right, but I also think another main reason is that you usually have an exact point where you're supposed to end it. I don't think every magazine works like that, but for example WSJ (which basically every reads to some extent. Haikyuu, Kimetsu, One Piece, you name it) has serialization rounds, so once it's decided you are supposed to end the series on the exact date they agreed on.

And I think that often is a huge problem, bc you need to coordinate your manga ending on that exact same date. Sure, you can plan ahead, but that's even more hard with a weekly schedule, so you can only try to make it end perfectly at that one specific time. And most of those do bad to average with that, yes... :sweatdrop That's why some other authors have it more easy when they can decide when their series is going to end, on their own terms.

Lucky you for real :sweatdrop I
started to follow the manga when it had around 50 chapters, so in these times I praised the series to no end, until it started to slowly die as soon as Nakaba introduced the numer system for power levels (just why...? :emobirb ) and the whole Demon Clan becoming the main focus later in the series.
lol I clearly remember complaining to Sky when they introduced the power level readings.... that felt so dumb and unncessary. There's a good reason Dragonball abandoned that stuff not long after it's introduction, it just never works well. Good point though, that was pretty much the beginning of it's downward spiral =/

If us three could take control of the remake it would end up perfectly. :zomg
And that's definetly great news, I still need to check the old VNs though, but reading it + Fate VN + all the manga chapters of other series I need to catch up with... it will be quite a lot. :sweat I will look forward to the screenshots and soundtracks though.
Haha yeah, there's so much to check out, yet so little time... :emobirb Just go step by step, and you'll make it eventually :3 The Higu anime is confirmed for October now, so there's something to look forward to.

I'm very glad you asked :awe
Let's see:
  1. Edward x Winry (always first place)
  2. Hanako x Nene
  3. Shinichi x Ran
  4. Kousei x Kaori
  5. Inuyasha x Kagome (they always takes place because of nostalgia)
I had to leave out Meliodas x Elizabeth even if it breaks my heart, but that's how terrible Nanatsu did to me, also there are many other non-yuri ships in my list too. („• ֊ •„)
Kousei x Kaori? Now that's a ship I don't see too often, Not a bad pick, but I think we've seen a bit too little of them really interacting together. That's how I felt at the time, at least. Rest is nice and I approve :nod (can't judge Hanaka x Nene ofc)
Now what would your top 5 be? (or all the couples you want to list). :hbunny
lol Top 5 is really hard. I don't think I could pick a definitie number 1 like you... but I've realized I often like the rather bittersweet or tragic pairings, haha.
Which reminds me, didn't you participate in the romantic pairings top 10 list too? XD I'll make it easy for me and just copy paste my list from that here, even though I know I could replace them with a number of other pairings too:

• Battler x Beatrice (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
  • Tomoya x Tomoyo (Clannad)
  • Shirou x Sakura (Fate/Stay Night Heavens Feel)
  • Naruto x Hinata (Naruto/Boruto)
  • Hikigaya x Yui (Oregairu/Yahari Ore no Seishun)
  • Simon x Nia (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
  • Guts x Casca (Berserk)
  • Touma x Misaka (To Aru Kagaku no Railgun/To Aru Majutsu no Index)
  • Okabe x Kurisu (Steins;Gate)

I also like Shirou x Saber, just prefer him with Sakura a bit more, ultimately.

Also remember these lists didn't include games. If they did, 2B x 9S + Cloud x Tifa definitely would be on it. Final Fantasy games in general often have a good pairing or two.

Yes don't worry! Reading the first part of the VN (literally) right now, so I still have a while to be able to know all of them
Since you asked me both here in the last post and in my thead, here are my favorites in Fate (it can always change because I still have many others to know, but I will update it to you when that time comes :blush).
And who are yours? I know Shirou is one of your most favorites but I never knew the rest exactly.

Still sorta amazed you like Gilgamesh that much haha, but I guess you like them evil sometimes? :3 Rest looks really good, though the original Jeanne still is a bit boring to me.

For me it's definitely Iskandar and Saber too, and Mashu as well :wtf Emiya too ofc, it's just that I like the original Shirou a bit more nowadays. I'm a rather big Alter fan in general (sort of corrupted versions of the original, they're often in that grey zone between good and evil), like Saber Alter and Jeanne Alter. Also am a Sakura fan obviously, and by extension BB :XD Okita and Okita Alter as well.

Also Kirei to some extent, and I've really been starting to like Gilgamesh more and more lately xD I could probably name more, but those are the ones that come to mind atm.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Well it is the worst to some extent... :XD I mean, I like the job, so that helps a lot, but there's too much work for too little time, that's the main issue. Maybe if I were a workaholic it wouldn't be so bad lol, but I very much like my free time :emobirb But well, three parts out of five are more or less done, so that's something. Definitely going to sign up for less hours next time haha
Very understandable 😂 I hate that feeling, that feeling that you can't really finish in the time that has been given to you. And see!! You're getting there. Treat yourself to something nice when you finish the next part, you need it.

Never played Evil Within tbh, bc I heard mixed opinions (and you sorta have to be in the mood for a horror game, so I don't play that many :XD). Have you played "Outlast"? Now that one was quite intense, bc you really can't do anything but run away and/or hide lol.

And wouldn't all windows being open make everything even more scary? Well I guess as long as it isn't dark it shouldn't be a problem lol xD
Oh about Evil Within, I can definitely see where the mixed reviews come from. It's a terribly frustrating game sometimes - I personally just liked the world building and the idea of the game a lot (You basically get dragged to a with zombies/creepy AF kind of world when you're conducting this research in a psychiatric hospital as a detective). Something that's right up my ally I suppose xD

Yes!! I played Outlast. Liked it a lot but yeah, it was so intense 😂 Especially the fact that you couldn't really fight back, (Or would be too slow hiding) made it a lot scarier. (I remember being stuck in the basement for such a long time bc I kept getting caught by that guy chasing you there haha).

Oh, the windows thing - I have a story about that! So this was in my old appartment a few years back, in the middle of a city. I was playing a horror game, my curtains were open (I lived on the mainfloor of the building). It was really dark outside, and I thought I saw something moving near the window. I look up, there is this man, passing by and smiling kind of creepily while he looked through the window.
My poor heart 😂

Yeah, I know what you mean. I sometimes do the same. There's so much you read/watch/play that you need to refresh your memory sometimes.
Didn't I tell you I played the first KH? Didn't like it that much to be honest, so I never tried anything else. Sorta glad I did lol, bc it seems like suge a huge mess from what I've heard.
I mean, the first KH kind of does suck to be honest. The story is petty cool, that drew me in - but other than that the game kind of hurts my soul haha.
But yeah you're right it definitely is a mess. Sometimes I need pause the game to google "who was this guy again" 😂

Nah, in terms of technology we really suck. Not in developing them or something, but spreading it around the country sorta thing. We're hopelessly behind compared to countries like Japan or heck, even Latvia or something, where digitization is almost everywhere. Here, it's almost nowhere, and if it exist, it's done clumsily most of the time... Schools suffer the most from that, especially during Corona. Your story says enough haha.
Oh really? One would think a country like yours would have it's shit together in terms of technology. Suppose it isn't a priority perhaps (Even though it's very handy in education, but also healthcare ("ehealth") and such). Can imagine that would especially be apparent during these Corona days yes - must have been a horror for the students (and teachers) to try and study online.

Yeah, I remember that. Like everyone was "that dude could be a filthy predator, don't show him anything". As someone who got together with two girls through the internet, I know that their parents were really really sceptic at first :XD Then again, I understand that parents are worried about that stuff, it's the last thing you want to see happen to your kid/s.
Funny how the world has changed, hasn't it? It still isn't that 'normal' - but people are accepting it a lot more I suppose.
Oh I can imagine they were skeptic yeah, especially considering they were female. Hope they got over it eventually though!
What about your own family?

oh, then it was pretty much the same for me. Might sound like whining, but I know that it sucks. Like, you don't really wanna ask your parents for anything bc you know they don't have much. And your allowance barely gives you enough to actually save for anything... It's the sorta thing where you can't really complain, but sometimes when I saw what other kids had or got, I was a little jealous. Though I did get consoles and games, so mb it wasn't that bad lol.
Mhm yeah exactly!! You got enough to not complain, especially if you compare that to people in different countries, or families who really didn't have anything at all. Probably more reason why I didn't like to ask for anything to be honest.

lol that's an interesting comparison. Harry's definitely less passionate, and more of a "normal guy" as well, but they definitely have some similarities.

And yes, the romance doesn't get that developed, but I still think Saber and Shirou have good chemistry. What the Fate route lacks in terms of heartwarming situations you'll find in other works eventually :blush
Harry could get kind of obsessive over protecting people in my opinion, and that's a trait he really does share with Shirou. But Shirou's passion is just something else to be honest.

Yeah, I think you're right about that. I mean Saber/Shirou together are cute, it somewhat works - I just needed more buildup to it I think. He takes care of her, even though she's capable in so much things herself. (And I think that's why they go well together).

However, now playing UBW with a more Rin focussed story I totally see Rin/Shirou happening too. I love the banter and where I'm at right now, there is some beautiful bonding. Strong bonds formed through crisis-like situations. Perhaps even more natural because the two of them aren't connected in a Servant/Master type of way

So about UBW - where did Caster hide all her awesomeness during the fate route? She knows so many hacks it's insane really. Definitely creates a really interesting situation for the Shirou and Rin - didn't really see that coming haha.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Wow, as a Servant, Izo is doing almost everything right. Brutal, fucked up, despicable but damn... that's the way to go in a war. I really appreciate how they portray him in the manga. Love to hate him, haha. :lmao Hopefully, he gets a deserved punishment for what he is doing currently. And the art is just brilliant. Look at Tsukumo's face here. Absolutely heartbreaking! =(

Okita needs to step up her game and end this misery asap. :nomoar

• Hug