A Fateful Encounter | Page 141 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work

• Total voters

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
You're asking someone who's never played Total War :XD But from what I know about it, both. Probably not something you could pull off though, so many Servants fighting against each other would be insane lol.
It would be insane but here's why I think it could work.

Even if you've never played Total War you probably know what it looks like right? Overhead view a huge battlefield where you control armies rather than individual units on the battlefield and all these play out during the course of a basic 4X campaign system. There is a variant called Total Warhammer where they do a fantasy version of that with wizards and such. With each faction sporting it's own units and heroes, game mechanics, and what not. And now with the Romance of the Three Kingdoms version I'm playing they had heroes be super powerful who can even duel 1 on 1.

With servants they could do the same thing. Like you have an Oni faction. Where the basic troops are like your goblins/ogres/whatever but then for heroes you've got like Tamamo and Shuten and those types. And a Camalot faction, a Rome faction, so forth and so on. I think it could work surprisingly well. Especially if paired with a like Lost Belt or Grail War type story where there are a bunch of masters competing for control.

Reactions: Nii

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It would be insane but here's why I think it could work.

Even if you've never played Total War you probably know what it looks like right? Overhead view a huge battlefield where you control armies rather than individual units on the battlefield and all these play out during the course of a basic 4X campaign system. There is a variant called Total Warhammer where they do a fantasy version of that with wizards and such. With each faction sporting it's own units and heroes, game mechanics, and what not. And now with the Romance of the Three Kingdoms version I'm playing they had heroes be super powerful who can even duel 1 on 1.

With servants they could do the same thing. Like you have an Oni faction. Where the basic troops are like your goblins/ogres/whatever but then for heroes you've got like Tamamo and Shuten and those types. And a Camalot faction, a Rome faction, so forth and so on. I think it could work surprisingly well. Especially if paired with a like Lost Belt or Grail War type story where there are a bunch of masters competing for control.
Sounds pretty good, yup :nod wasn't considering the weak mobs tbh, but if you include those it could work really well.
Sadly I don't think we'll ever see a Fate strategy game... Got the impression those aren't exactly doing that well in Japan, but never say never.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@GrySun :hee

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
haha good question :3 I'll think about it for a bit, but if you have any ideas already, feel free to suggest something~
So what conclusion have you reached about the punishment? I hope it's not something cruel haha.

Pretty much that :nod Though just having some mindless fun or sitting back and enjoying some fluffy stuff is also good, depending on your mood.
Haha exactly. I think those simple games are great for playing while listening to music (or watch series haha. Makes it easier to sit down and watch something).

I remember you telling us in slack too, yeah. How did that go for you?
But yeah, it's sorta sad, but also how life often goes, especially when you're a teen. Losing sight of some people you connected with is almost inevitable. You're right though, something ending always gives you the chance for a fresh (and good) start.
Ah, I kind of quit playing when most of the people I liked left as well. I still have some on social media who say hi every now and then so that's nice :nod
Suppose that's kind of the same with how that happens in 'real life'... Like you meet friends, you do things together and eventually you might end up growing apart. Which is fine, it just happens. Some of the best highschool memories are with people I haven't spoken to in years haha.

Haha okay, that only makes me even more sure :XD Doubt I'll ever watch it.
Haha good, you're not missing anything!!

Weeeell... I can't deny that it seems like a mess. But that can have it's own charm too, sometimes xD
Haha, I suppose it does

Still got an old Xbox one at my mother's place, so I guess I could play it :hee
But probably more comfy for me on PC haha, I only played like one or two games on the XBox lol.
Aaaah, now we are talking~
Everyone has got their own preferences in the end :nod I think it might be a lot easier on console anyway (and for some reason I get the idea you are pretty decent in playing games haha).

And I mean it's only common courtesy, after all you checked out a whole number of things I recommended to you ;)
This almost makes me want to try and have you check out something really terrible :teehee

That's good to hear. Will put 3 and 4 on my list then :3
Yayy!! Let me know when you start playing them haha.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Emiya Gohan is really good :p Have you watched it?

So what conclusion have you reached about the punishment? I hope it's not something cruel haha.
shifting the decision to me, huh? :lambirb can't be something too cruel, after all I'll receive that punishment as well :toc I've got some ideas, but probably should be something relatively simple for the first punishment... if it happens again, we can do some more interesting stuff :3

So how about we each name a manga where the other has to read the first 5 chapters? Ofc the manga should be among the worst you've read, it's supposed to be a punishment after all~

Haha exactly. I think those simple games are great for playing while listening to music (or watch series haha. Makes it easier to sit down and watch something).
I think I already told you that I'm not really much of a multi-tasking guy :XD I do it sometimes, but usually I would rather put my whole focus on a game or show, and not combine both. Listening to music while doing that is very good though :nod

Ah, I kind of quit playing when most of the people I liked left as well. I still have some on social media who say hi every now and then so that's nice :nod
Suppose that's kind of the same with how that happens in 'real life'... Like you meet friends, you do things together and eventually you might end up growing apart. Which is fine, it just happens. Some of the best highschool memories are with people I haven't spoken to in years haha.
oh yeah, that's nice :nod can definitely relate to some of the best memories relating to people I haven't spoken to in forever xD but that's life, yes, we all move on and everyone drives down his own road. Sometimes we're lucky enough that those roads cross or intertwine, and sometimes they don't.

Aaaah, now we are talking~
Everyone has got their own preferences in the end :nod I think it might be a lot easier on console anyway (and for some reason I get the idea you are pretty decent in playing games haha).
Probably a matter of your experiences as a kid. My father's always been a huge computer guy, and he introduced me to the PC early on xD Could play for a bit each week, and he would show me new games from time to time. Got some very fond memories playing together with him and/or his wife, so that probably played a part in me being more of a PC guy haha.

That and my console experience has mostly been Nintendo, was lucky my mother had a friend at a time with an SNES :XD So I got the N64 later, and then the Gamecube. At one point someone gifted me the PS1 (don't even remember who lol) and I played FF9 and Metal Gear Solid on that, but that was pretty much my whole Playstation experience until PS3 xD

oh and I'm not bad I guess haha :3 but I'm usually not among the people who want to experience some really intense challenge or something (like Dark Souls). Too easy is boring obviously, but if it's a reeaaally hard challenge I'm usually out xD

This almost makes me want to try and have you check out something really terrible :teehee
haha so mean :3 but I'd probably drop it pretty fast in that case :p (if we ignore the potential punishment haha)

Yayy!! Let me know when you start playing them haha.
Will do! :nod

Rika would make a good protag for all these shows, definitely :3

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
shifting the decision to me, huh? :lambirb can't be something too cruel, after all I'll receive that punishment as well :toc I've got some ideas, but probably should be something relatively simple for the first punishment... if it happens again, we can do some more interesting stuff :3

So how about we each name a manga where the other has to read the first 5 chapters? Ofc the manga should be among the worst you've read, it's supposed to be a punishment after all~
I thought you'd like that :lambirb
Interesting, he's got ideas I hear~

Are you sure about that manga reading though. I'll recommend manga I'm sure that will make you cringe :blush

I think I already told you that I'm not really much of a multi-tasking guy :XD I do it sometimes, but usually I would rather put my whole focus on a game or show, and not combine both. Listening to music while doing that is very good though :nod
Haha, must be because you're a guy ;)
Nah, but I understand it. I really do dislike that when it's something that requires you to pay attention (ie the shows I'd watch would be those simple things, not anime or something like that.)

oh yeah, that's nice :nod can definitely relate to some of the best memories relating to people I haven't spoken to in forever xD but that's life, yes, we all move on and everyone drives down his own road. Sometimes we're lucky enough that those roads cross or intertwine, and sometimes they don't.
Mhm, and that's fine the way it is! Sometimes it's just how its supposed to be haha.

Probably a matter of your experiences as a kid. My father's always been a huge computer guy, and he introduced me to the PC early on xD Could play for a bit each week, and he would show me new games from time to time. Got some very fond memories playing together with him and/or his wife, so that probably played a part in me being more of a PC guy haha.

That and my console experience has mostly been Nintendo, was lucky my mother had a friend at a time with an SNES :XD So I got the N64 later, and then the Gamecube. At one point someone gifted me the PS1 (don't even remember who lol) and I played FF9 and Metal Gear Solid on that, but that was pretty much my whole Playstation experience until PS3 xD
Oohh yeah I mean then it makes sense you're more of a computer guy. Aaah, aren't those memories the best? Fun way of family bonding (and yeah I suppose it really did help you grow into more of a computer guy).
Sounds like you've tried most of the bigger brands/console/gaming machines though, which is pretty cool!

oh and I'm not bad I guess haha :3 but I'm usually not among the people who want to experience some really intense challenge or something (like Dark Souls). Too easy is boring obviously, but if it's a reeaaally hard challenge I'm usually out xD
Haha I've been hearing stories about how hard Dark Souls is yeah...
I mean, where is the fun if you can't beat something at all, no matter how much you try.

haha so mean :3 but I'd probably drop it pretty fast in that case :p (if we ignore the potential punishment haha)
Haha I know I know 😂

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I thought you'd like that :lambirb
Interesting, he's got ideas I hear~
How very nice of you :lambirb
I got ideas indeed :3 but seems so far we're managing to stick to the one week deadline haha

Are you sure about that manga reading though. I'll recommend manga I'm sure that will make you cringe :blush
that's the whole point of the punishment, isn't it? :XD just 5 chapters, should be doable~ though I'm open for something else, if you've got a better idea :awe

Haha, must be because you're a guy ;)
Nah, but I understand it. I really do dislike that when it's something that requires you to pay attention (ie the shows I'd watch would be those simple things, not anime or something like that.)
I wonder, I've met a number of girls who weren't exactly the best at it either ;)
So you don't watch anime while doing something else? Got the impression you do haha, and I guess that's fine for the simpler shows :nod I just feel it's sort of a disservice to the show when I divide my attention, but there definitely are series where it's okay doing that haha (like I'm still keeping up with the One Piece anime for some reason, and it's not exactly that great most of the time... so that's a good opportunity :lmao)

Oohh yeah I mean then it makes sense you're more of a computer guy. Aaah, aren't those memories the best? Fun way of family bonding (and yeah I suppose it really did help you grow into more of a computer guy).
Sounds like you've tried most of the bigger brands/console/gaming machines though, which is pretty cool!
Those memories are the best, yes :nod I hold them close to my heart, especially now. Playing games together always was a great time for me as a kid :blush
Haha yeah you could say that, never been a fanboy of a specific brand or console or something. Though I must admit I would never have touched the Xbox if my father hadn't gifted me one lol. Dunno, felt entirely unnecessary when you have a PS.

Haha I've been hearing stories about how hard Dark Souls is yeah...
I mean, where is the fun if you can't beat something at all, no matter how much you try.
I mean I've never played Dark Souls either, but it's like the meme of hard games at this point, so it's an easy example 😂
And you probably can beat every boss with enough preparation and skills, but I really don't like spending 2 hours or something on a single boss until I've finally beaten him. A challenge is good and all, but after a while it just gets sorta annoying for me.
For example when I was fighting the last boss of FF5 yesterday and after like 30 minutes my party was almoooost dead when he unleashed some insane attack... was praying real hard to not get killed now lol, and luckily I managed to beat him after another 5 minutes :XD

Kiki

S-Slave
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
nii nii nii :x3

so I just found out there's a servant called Setanta, and his fanarts are all over my Twitter timeline xD

who is he? is he Cu's childhood? when did they release him? and where is his debut? the FGO game? :?bunny

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Yo Nii Nii!
How are you doing?
Hope everything's fine!

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
How very nice of you :lambirb
I got ideas indeed :3 but seems so far we're managing to stick to the one week deadline haha

that's the whole point of the punishment, isn't it? :XD just 5 chapters, should be doable~ though I'm open for something else, if you've got a better idea :awe
I suppose we manage, though today - it's exactly a week haha.
No no, I quite like that idea actually. Plus it shouldn't be too time consuming, otherwise that'll take the precious time to reply here away after all :3
I wonder, I've met a number of girls who weren't exactly the best at it either ;)
So you don't watch anime while doing something else? Got the impression you do haha, and I guess that's fine for the simpler shows :nod I just feel it's sort of a disservice to the show when I divide my attention, but there definitely are series where it's okay doing that haha (like I'm still keeping up with the One Piece anime for some reason, and it's not exactly that great most of the time... so that's a good opportunity :lmao)
Hahaha shush you.
I mean I wouldnt' play a videogame with anime. Chatting with you a bit in between I obviously would haha :blush But it's like you said, for slow (and simple) shows that's absolutely fine.
But wouldn't do that with Wonder Egg for example without pausing haha. There is just so much going on.

Those memories are the best, yes :nod I hold them close to my heart, especially now. Playing games together always was a great time for me as a kid :blush
Haha yeah you could say that, never been a fanboy of a specific brand or console or something. Though I must admit I would never have touched the Xbox if my father hadn't gifted me one lol. Dunno, felt entirely unnecessary when you have a PS.
Mmhm, sounds like such a good time :nod
Glad you have these kind of memories to look back on.
And yeah I get that! Two consoles is a bit much, especially when both have almost the same games. Though I suppose some people collect these kind of things. Or would buy it for the exclusives.

I mean I've never played Dark Souls either, but it's like the meme of hard games at this point, so it's an easy example 😂
And you probably can beat every boss with enough preparation and skills, but I really don't like spending 2 hours or something on a single boss until I've finally beaten him. A challenge is good and all, but after a while it just gets sorta annoying for me.
For example when I was fighting the last boss of FF5 yesterday and after like 30 minutes my party was almoooost dead when he unleashed some insane attack... was praying real hard to not get killed now lol, and luckily I managed to beat him after another 5 minutes :XD
Haha true true xD
Used to have that a lot with games to be honest - bosses or levels I just couldn't complete (though I think games are getting easier?)
That's super frustrating, especially if you really want to play more of that game.

You did it!!! Yayyy :D Would you say it was a harder FF game in general? Or was it just that boss that wasn't the easiest.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
nii nii nii :x3

so I just found out there's a servant called Setanta, and his fanarts are all over my Twitter timeline xD

who is he? is he Cu's childhood? when did they release him? and where is his debut? the FGO game? :?bunny
I think @Sky already told you everything, right? :XD

Yo Nii Nii!
How are you doing?
Hope everything's fine!
A wild Zasz appears haha. I'm doing just fine, had a pretty chill week :3 How about you?

I suppose we manage, though today - it's exactly a week haha.
No no, I quite like that idea actually. Plus it shouldn't be too time consuming, otherwise that'll take the precious time to reply here away after all :3
Yeah, but my post in your thread is 2 weeks old now :heh Wonder if we need a harsher punishment :toc
Seems fine for a start though, I'll wait for your suggestion first :3

Hahaha shush you.
I mean I wouldnt' play a videogame with anime. Chatting with you a bit in between I obviously would haha :blush But it's like you said, for slow (and simple) shows that's absolutely fine.
But wouldn't do that with Wonder Egg for example without pausing haha. There is just so much going on.
Okay, that sounds like a good strategy to me :nod

And yeah I get that! Two consoles is a bit much, especially when both have almost the same games. Though I suppose some people collect these kind of things. Or would buy it for the exclusives.
Well look at @Sky he has both consoles haha xD I get his reasoning though, instead of the XBox I simply got the PC : D

Tbh I still regret selling my old SNES for cheap back then :( But I did manage to get that mini version with some pre-installed games, so I guess it's fine.

Haha true true xD
Used to have that a lot with games to be honest - bosses or levels I just couldn't complete (though I think games are getting easier?)
That's super frustrating, especially if you really want to play more of that game.
Hmmm I wonder, are games really getting easier? Depends on what you play, probably, but maybe it did get easier overall because there's so many quality of life improvements old games obviously didn't have, like quest markers and the like xD
So what did you do when you couldn't beat the level? Just stop playing? :XD For me I only remember a game or two as a kid I didn't manage to finish, but I usually hate leaving a game incomplete (as in, finish the story and stuff, don't really care about trophies etc)

You did it!!! Yayyy :D Would you say it was a harder FF game in general? Or was it just that boss that wasn't the easiest.
Well, FF games usually have a pretty hard endboss, especially the older games. Not really the case with the newer ones (since 12 I'd say), but the games before had hard to really hard endbosses xD In that way it wasn't a surprise or anything, though with the right setup and grinding and stuff you could probably cheese through that too haha

Oh and it wasn't harder in general, FF games for me usually have a pretty good difficulty curve. FF15 was by far the easiest in my eyes, but they managed to find a good balance with FF7R again :3

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well my reasoning was only the controler which is way better for games with shooting mechanics.
Mass Effect will be an exception...~

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
@Nii Doing fine! Same as usual...
Watching Anime, playing videogames and developing my translator career :XD

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Sounds like the perfect life, doesn't it? :3 Didn't know you're translating :o Is it from English to Italian?
Yes and also from Spanish to Italian
Moreover I started studying Japanese seriously
I thought it was about time after all

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yes and also from Spanish to Italian
Moreover I started studying Japanese seriously
I thought it was about time after all
Oh, that's cool! Is your job in the anime/manga business too?
And when did you start studying Japanese? In any case, sounds like you're on the dream road for every otaku out there haha

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, but my post in your thread is 2 weeks old now :heh Wonder if we need a harsher punishment :toc
Seems fine for a start though, I'll wait for your suggestion first :3
I'm ready for my punishment :emobirb
Okay, is there a trope/genre you really dislike? Because if unspecified, I will throw a really bad shoujo at you and laugh while you suffer.
(or is that too cruel).

Well look at @Sky he has both consoles haha xD I get his reasoning though, instead of the XBox I simply got the PC : D

Tbh I still regret selling my old SNES for cheap back then :( But I did manage to get that mini version with some pre-installed games, so I guess it's fine.
Which is also fine!! And Sky is such a collector. Admirable, I could never.

Mhm, and now it might be hard to rebuy a SNES, right? And probably a bit more expensive too... Glad you got your hands on the mini version, it's something (and I suppose you can play a lot of those old games on the switch too. Doesn't quite have the same vibe for me if I'm honest).
I think my mom stored the old nintendo somewhere (unlike the ps1, which just magically disappeared one day lmao).

Hmmm I wonder, are games really getting easier? Depends on what you play, probably, but maybe it did get easier overall because there's so many quality of life improvements old games obviously didn't have, like quest markers and the like xD
So what did you do when you couldn't beat the level? Just stop playing? :XD For me I only remember a game or two as a kid I didn't manage to finish, but I usually hate leaving a game incomplete (as in, finish the story and stuff, don't really care about trophies etc)
Well, it's a lot harder to get lost in newer games :lambirb I'll have you know my old roommate and I were stuck in a little house in medal of honor once... Took us 30 minutes to figure out where the door was to exit. Though I suppose that was just a 'confusing graphics' situation.
I really hate leaving games incomplete too... I like trophies, but am well aware that for a lot of games I just am not good enough to go for all of them.
Nowadays I just look up tips on the internet, most likely still fail. In the past I tried to bribe my brothers to help me with it haha. Some games were never finished though (like Mirrors Edge. The game isn't hard at all, but there is this one level that's just impossible for me. Spend hours trying to beat the level).

Well, FF games usually have a pretty hard endboss, especially the older games. Not really the case with the newer ones (since 12 I'd say), but the games before had hard to really hard endbosses xD In that way it wasn't a surprise or anything, though with the right setup and grinding and stuff you could probably cheese through that too haha
I think that's something you'd expect by the end of a game right? That it has a harder end boss... It's what you've been working towards all game.
Are they harder as in, it's still fair though?
Oh and it wasn't harder in general, FF games for me usually have a pretty good difficulty curve. FF15 was by far the easiest in my eyes, but they managed to find a good balance with FF7R again :3
If I didn't have any issues with FF15, it sure was really easy indeed. I think balance is important yes :nod
Aaaaah, I really wish to play FFR7 sometime. It looks so good (and Sky + you have been super enthusiastic about it). But it seems likely I'll be able to get it this year, so fingers crossed.

Alsooooo, I watched 2 episodes of HxH so far. It's pretty comfy, nothing blowing me away. But these are obviously still introduction episodes, so that was to be expected. Gon is one of those smart/still a bit stupid type of characters it seems. And I don't dislike that, makes him a funny dude to watch. Love the differences between him + his travel buddies. Wonder if they'll stick with him longer after the exam (or during, even).
Used to have this 'how to draw manga characters' book, and the designs in HxH really remind me of the style they chose there. Is that a coincidence? Probably not haha.

Oh!
How's decorating your house going by the way?

• Hug

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Oh, that's cool! Is your job in the anime/manga business too?
And when did you start studying Japanese? In any case, sounds like you're on the dream road for every otaku out there haha
Unfortunately no
I'm focusing on the videogame field, namely Videogame Localization
As for Japanese, I started recently, but luckily I have a solid bas to start from!