A Fateful Encounter | Page 144 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work

• Total voters

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
You doing well Nii? Staying healthy? I'm pretty fine aside from sudden colder days and rain. Got quite soaked a week ago despite umbrella because the rain was too strong.

About the last segment, I think you're not supposed to clear it on your own. It's probably not 100% impossible, but your memory getting wiped to help others is a vital part of this ending. If it was relatively easy to do, it would defeat the point in my eyes. Never really looked into it lol, kinda curious if someone managed to clear it on his own.
Just checked and there are videos of people doing it solo. Unfortunately they all cut off before I get to see if anything in the ending is different after the segment ends. Looks very hard to do but somehow possible, so I wonder if it still gives you the same offer with deleting save or not.

Reminds me, did you do all of the endings? Like everything from A-Z. There's some good stuff in there, though at least one is more enjoyable if you play Replicant first.
And lol I get you, it's a pretty unique concept no one else really does. But I think that makes it all the better.
No, I noticed they weren't much "endings". Game goes black, you get 1 text box and fast credits roll. I think I watched them in youtube later. While some had funny text describing what happens, they're not as big a deal as a proper "bad" ending like in some other games with cutscenes. Any you recommend seeing again if I missed?

Hmmm it's been a while, but yeah, I think 2B's development was more subtle. The game gives you enough insight and hints about her feelings etc. though, in my eyes. It just can be more easily missed. A2 was more obvious on that front, probably mostly thanks to her being a lot more outspoken and aggressive. I like them both, but as you know, I prefer 2B by a lot :p
We're on different sides of the A2-2B spectrum it seems. I know you like 2B more but what are your thoughts on A2, or rather, what are your favorites in order, or at least a top 3?

True, the pod's were really cool xD (especially 2B's) The commander didn't leave that much of an impression on me, either. It's actually one of the few flaws of the game in my eyes, namely that not enough characters get fleshed out, or more of a spotlight. Most of the Yorha units remain relatively bland, which is a shame.
Indeed, the game lacked a more relevant cast of characters beyond the playable ones and Pascal. You see some people in the sidequests with fun/weird personalities that make up for it somewhat though, so the world doesn't feel bland.

Haha I had to answer all of it anyway, even though I'm way too late. Sorry for that :(
And yes, already played the remaster by the time you asked lol. Think overall it was done really well, though it's age and design flaws still show. Don't expect something on the same level as Automata, but it is a good game and very important to the overall story, so I hope you'll check it out eventually. Or maybe you already have? :XD
I actually haven't, got distracted along the way with some other games like Sekiro. But it's still on my list to play, though I read what fans think and some do say that Automata is a better game in terms of gameplay at least. Won't let it discourage me.

Reactions: Nii

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
what celebration, nii? :?bunny

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
[Nii]According to the first line: 10y anniversary of Fate Zero.[/Nii]

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
[Nii]According to the first line: 10y anniversary of Fate Zero.[/Nii]
What will it be like? Announcement of new anime, sort of? :?bunny

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
This nostalgic feeling...
Have always loved kirei vs emiya

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Just caught up with Ousama Ranking, it‘s really interesting. Didn‘t think I‘d like it but so far it‘s doing everything right. I‘m only worried if it‘ll be able to keep it up, I had it far too many times that I liked a new weekly anime just for it to collapse. :nomoar But, will be optimistic so far.

Next episode should come tomorrow maybe no? :nrr

• Hug

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Just caught up with Ousama Ranking, it‘s really interesting. Didn‘t think I‘d like it but so far it‘s doing everything right. I‘m only worried if it‘ll be able to keep it up, I had it far too many times that I liked a new weekly anime just for it to collapse. :nomoar But, will be optimistic so far.

Next episode should come tomorrow maybe no? :nrr
Yeah I was sceptic about it at first too, but I think the writing's quite unique and strong. Sort of feels like an anime take on a fairytale kinda story. Also you can't help but root for Boji. Enjoyed how the step mother isn't evil for once lol, and how that was hinted at early on (like in EP1 you can already see she understands sign language).
Also, it's true that sticking to the landing is the most difficult part, happens with any kind of story way too often... no matter if anime, manga, TV series, etc. But I have faith for now haha.

And the episode actually aired today : D Didn't watch it yet, but looking forward to your thoughts :3
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Have always loved kirei vs emiya
You're a man of good taste after all :3

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Yeah I was sceptic about it at first too, but I think the writing's quite unique and strong. Sort of feels like an anime take on a fairytale kinda story. Also you can't help but root for Boji. Enjoyed how the step mother isn't evil for once lol, and how that was hinted at early on (like in EP1 you can already see she understands sign language).
Also, it's true that sticking to the landing is the most difficult part, happens with any kind of story way too often... no matter if anime, manga, TV series, etc. But I have faith for now haha.

And the episode actually aired today : D Didn't watch it yet, but looking forward to your thoughts :3

You're a man of good taste after all :3
In case you haven‘t seen it yet

Uh this anime is really good at subverting expectations, mainly regarding characters, creating some beautifully complex characters in the best way possible. Most characters have some things to both like and dislike about them, but it‘s especially interesting how they choose which scenes they show to the viewer first so as to manipulate their first impressions.

This one did so for Apeas. I liked him at first and was wondering where his character would go, but being somewhat subservient to the (presumably evil) mirror isn‘t quite what I‘d wished of him. So I may not like him after all.

Not surprising that they made Daida drink it, was bound to happen imo. Feels bad for Daida, especially with the mirror confirming that it really isn‘t just something to give strength, it could have all sorts of nasty to downright horrorful effects. Though I must wonder, to which end does this lead? Since the Daida and Bojji plot is so different currently(as felt in the episode when they switched from one’s scene to the other’s) it‘s hard to imagine them meeting again anytime soon. So whatever happens with the Kingdom will be hard to watch as there won‘t be any „hero“ fixing any messes anytime soon I feel.

Though with how much this show contradicts one‘s expectations Bojji may yet become the bad guy, while the Mirror was some hero with a noble cause all along 🤷‍♂️ So I‘ll be curious and cautious.

One more thing, did I just imagine it or didn‘t the Underworld king mention something about Bojji being cursed to remain weak and small in Ep 5? Yet in this ep it wasn‘t touched upon at all surprisingly. Either I remembered wrong, or he didn‘t mean the cursed part literally, or they‘re purposefully leaving it out to be expanded on later. Either with the king‘s brother or upcoming plottwists. The red demon after the king died that pointed at Bojji(before the will was read, mind you) is also still bothering me.

Oh I wrote too much, will end it at this for now.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
In case you haven‘t seen it yet

Uh this anime is really good at subverting expectations, mainly regarding characters, creating some beautifully complex characters in the best way possible. Most characters have some things to both like and dislike about them, but it‘s especially interesting how they choose which scenes they show to the viewer first so as to manipulate their first impressions.

This one did so for Apeas. I liked him at first and was wondering where his character would go, but being somewhat subservient to the (presumably evil) mirror isn‘t quite what I‘d wished of him. So I may not like him after all.

Not surprising that they made Daida drink it, was bound to happen imo. Feels bad for Daida, especially with the mirror confirming that it really isn‘t just something to give strength, it could have all sorts of nasty to downright horrorful effects. Though I must wonder, to which end does this lead? Since the Daida and Bojji plot is so different currently(as felt in the episode when they switched from one’s scene to the other’s) it‘s hard to imagine them meeting again anytime soon. So whatever happens with the Kingdom will be hard to watch as there won‘t be any „hero“ fixing any messes anytime soon I feel.

Though with how much this show contradicts one‘s expectations Bojji may yet become the bad guy, while the Mirror was some hero with a noble cause all along 🤷‍♂️ So I‘ll be curious and cautious.

One more thing, did I just imagine it or didn‘t the Underworld king mention something about Bojji being cursed to remain weak and small in Ep 5? Yet in this ep it wasn‘t touched upon at all surprisingly. Either I remembered wrong, or he didn‘t mean the cursed part literally, or they‘re purposefully leaving it out to be expanded on later. Either with the king‘s brother or upcoming plottwists. The red demon after the king died that pointed at Bojji(before the will was read, mind you) is also still bothering me.

Oh I wrote too much, will end it at this for now.
Again kinda late, sorry Gry D:

You bring up some good points

Totally with you on the characters, no one's exactly like what you think at first. Apeas is a good example of someone who seemed badass, but actually isn't lol. Or at least not as much as most viewers had though. I've seen a little bit more of him in the manga (the flashback is a bit longer IIRC), so I feel like he will continue on this not so great path.

And yaah it had to happen, the mirror woman felt too smart anyway to entirely rely on the decision of a kid. Think the Joffrey comparison is obvious at first, but even a pretty self-absorbed kid like Daida actually has his good sides. So I feel more sorry for him than actual anger or whatever. Clearly he's been pretty jealous of Boji in general, that he remembered his own mother comforting/protecting Boji speaks volumes.

Pace feels very fast indeed, but it doesn't feel like too much. And I kinda like that Boji isn't there to fix things, and won't anytime soon from the looks of it. Makes things more unpredictable. Really doubt Boji will turn out to be evil, but I'm sure there's more to this mirror woman than mysterious evil lady, yeah.

About that curse thing, I actually know a little more than you. The manga scans are behind the anime, but there's a special chapter relatively early on, where we learn the most important stuff about King Bose's past, and there this whole thing gets pretty much explained. Won't say anything more though, your decision if you wanna check that out or not. I guess the anime is willingly holding it back, as it answers one or two core mysteries pretty clearly.

Think that answers everything, tried to kept it short xD Btw Gry, I was thinking of 13 Sentinels today. Did you play that game? If not, I think you might like it.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Hm I‘d disagree it‘s really jealousy. At least not only, or not at the start. After those flashbacks Daida isn‘t angry but iirc he said something that made it look like he is burdening himself to help/protect his brother, and doing it all out of „love/admiration“ kinda. Hm but would need to rewatch that to make sure.

No no don‘t tell me. I‘ll choose to believe in the animation staff, that they know what they‘re doing and withholding things with a good plan rather than not(hope this doesn‘t age badly). Besides it could come up in the meeting with Desha‘s brother soon-ish.

Btw Gry, I was thinking of 13 Sentinels today. Did you play that game? If not, I think you might like it.
No never heard of it actually. What kind of game is it, and why do you think I‘d like it? From quick image search it‘s a bit hard to discern the gameplay.

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey Kev...how you been?
Just wondering about Sky...where is he?

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hey Kev...how you been?
Just wondering about Sky...where is he?
Hey there Greg :3 I'm doing fine, can't really complain atm xD Still, 2022 will hopefully be a better year.
And Sky is alive and well, just way less active since he stepped down. Talking with him on a daily basis lol.

Hm I‘d disagree it‘s really jealousy. At least not only, or not at the start. After those flashbacks Daida isn‘t angry but iirc he said something that made it look like he is burdening himself to help/protect his brother, and doing it all out of „love/admiration“ kinda. Hm but would need to rewatch that to make sure.

No no don‘t tell me. I‘ll choose to believe in the animation staff, that they know what they‘re doing and withholding things with a good plan rather than not(hope this doesn‘t age badly). Besides it could come up in the meeting with Desha‘s brother soon-ish.

No never heard of it actually. What kind of game is it, and why do you think I‘d like it? From quick image search it‘s a bit hard to discern the gameplay.
Late as always, sorry Gry.

Well you're basically admitting it's also jealousy :p Kinda don't think it's so much admiration, considering he was pretty willing to get Boji killed. Though ofc no one in this show is that simple, they're all complex characters, so it's clear he also feels admiration for Boji, just that his pride and partly jealousy gets the better of him.

And you've already seen the story by now if you're up to date, it was quite something, wasn't it? :XD Really not sure what to make of King Bosse, the flashbacks make it look like he learned his lesson, and yet he's dancing to Miranjo's tune. Who apparently loves him... Must say, every episode is a blast, full of twists and turns. It's been a wild run, and I always worry the quality might dip eventually, but so far it's really strong. If it can keep up that level for it's whole run (24 episodes I think), it's going to be an amazing show.

Well it got an ambitious story and fun gameplay, that's why haha. There's a LOT to untangle in that story, and I feel you're the kinda guy who likes that. Gameplay and story parts are very separated, and it's not exactly groundbreaking (the gameplay), but I think I can't really say anything about it atm because that would spoiler you, so I think it's better you don't look it up either if you want to go in completely fresh.

The game will actually be released on Switch in March or April next year I think (was only for the PS4 originally), so maybe that's the perfect time for you to check it out, maybe with Pom even : D

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Late as always, sorry Gry.

Well you're basically admitting it's also jealousy :p Kinda don't think it's so much admiration, considering he was pretty willing to get Boji killed. Though ofc no one in this show is that simple, they're all complex characters, so it's clear he also feels admiration for Boji, just that his pride and partly jealousy gets the better of him.

And you've already seen the story by now if you're up to date, it was quite something, wasn't it? :XD Really not sure what to make of King Bosse, the flashbacks make it look like he learned his lesson, and yet he's dancing to Miranjo's tune. Who apparently loves him... Must say, every episode is a blast, full of twists and turns. It's been a wild run, and I always worry the quality might dip eventually, but so far it's really strong. If it can keep up that level for it's whole run (24 episodes I think), it's going to be an amazing show.

Well it got an ambitious story and fun gameplay, that's why haha. There's a LOT to untangle in that story, and I feel you're the kinda guy who likes that. Gameplay and story parts are very separated, and it's not exactly groundbreaking (the gameplay), but I think I can't really say anything about it atm because that would spoiler you, so I think it's better you don't look it up either if you want to go in completely fresh.

The game will actually be released on Switch in March or April next year I think (was only for the PS4 originally), so maybe that's the perfect time for you to check it out, maybe with Pom even : D
It is there but he still doesn't let it define him, and his reasons to kill Bojji are more complicated I feel, but yeah I get what you mean.

First, how can they after 3 episodes still not show us which weapon Bojji is using AAAAAAAAAAAA. They keep taunting with the reveal and then nothing. I'm really curious what kind of weapon can let someone with 0 strength split a boulder.
Feels really bad for Daida, must be quite torturous for him. Him being stuck somewhere inside his own body makes sense, Bosse's soul kinda took over after all. Not sure what they can even do for him without killing the body. Him realizing that this is how Bojji must've been feeling all along, not hearing anything and feeling alone, was an interesting touch.

Bosse confuses me. I was already getting frustrated that nobody will notice his revival, and then next episode he just goes and tells everyone he resurrected.. The show is still making the plot and characters unpredictable. No clue what his motivations are now, but perhaps the death of his first wife changed something in him and is tied to what he is doing.

Miranjo is not that scary anymore after seeing her kinda reverted to being a schoolgirl in love when dancing with Bosse. Their relationship must be very complicated. He knew her long before he met his wife too.

I kinda wanna see other kingdoms too. There must be a lot more bigger major players in the world, and what the "Ranking" is truly all about, since that episode mentioned the #1 king receiving some relic that makes them go insane?

Hm may pick up that game when it comes out on the Switch, after doing some careful research on it.

• Hug

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
  • Hug

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It is there but he still doesn't let it define him, and his reasons to kill Bojji are more complicated I feel, but yeah I get what you mean.

First, how can they after 3 episodes still not show us which weapon Bojji is using AAAAAAAAAAAA. They keep taunting with the reveal and then nothing. I'm really curious what kind of weapon can let someone with 0 strength split a boulder.
Feels really bad for Daida, must be quite torturous for him. Him being stuck somewhere inside his own body makes sense, Bosse's soul kinda took over after all. Not sure what they can even do for him without killing the body. Him realizing that this is how Bojji must've been feeling all along, not hearing anything and feeling alone, was an interesting touch.

Bosse confuses me. I was already getting frustrated that nobody will notice his revival, and then next episode he just goes and tells everyone he resurrected.. The show is still making the plot and characters unpredictable. No clue what his motivations are now, but perhaps the death of his first wife changed something in him and is tied to what he is doing.

Miranjo is not that scary anymore after seeing her kinda reverted to being a schoolgirl in love when dancing with Bosse. Their relationship must be very complicated. He knew her long before he met his wife too.

I kinda wanna see other kingdoms too. There must be a lot more bigger major players in the world, and what the "Ranking" is truly all about, since that episode mentioned the #1 king receiving some relic that makes them go insane?

Hm may pick up that game when it comes out on the Switch, after doing some careful research on it.
Late as always, haha :sweatdrop

Yeah I think Daida got a lot of good focus, I really appreciate how basically every character is multi-faceted. And while they were at it, they hinted at a lot of stuff for Miranjo too. My guess is the villagers blamed her for something she's not actually responsible for, and did some really awful stuff to her... She seems to be a pretty tragic character.

And now we know the weapon. I know some people were a little disappointed, but personally I think it's very fitting and works for Boji :3
About Bosse, I find it kinda amazing that we still don't really know what this guy wants. I mean it's obvious he did some awful stuff, but I feel like he did understand his mistakes, so I have faith he's trying to do something good in the end, both for Miranjo and everyone else.

Did you see the trailer for the second season? Like holy shit, it looks like we're in for an insane ride lol. The show continues to deliver every week, for me at least, and I just pray it can keep up that level until the end.

Also glad to hear you might check out the game, looking forward to hear your thoughts :blush

have you seen this? really good
Oh you know I'm a Dangan fan? :XD Those look lovely, very nice! I know the artist but didn't follow them on pixiv yet, but that changed now thanks to you : D

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I know. I am watching you 😏

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Kiki stalking me, I see :3 How are you doing these days, everything all right?
🤭
I am doing alright :nod what about you? so long time no speak