Favorites - Favorite Character Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites Favorite Character Thread

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
God? Human? Valkyrie? Discuss your favourite character from Shuumatsu no Valkyrie.

Shadowlord123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain

Followed by Sasaki Kojiro.

Brunhild is kinda growing on me. Her design and personality are really entertaining to watch, but I need to see more from her.

To be honest, for me the gods haven't been as interesting as the humans as characters. Heracles would probably be my favourite thus far. Depending on how the author handles Shiva in this fight, he could probably become my new favourite. I'm already liking him more than Poseidon, Zeus and Thor personality-wise. Loki could potentially be my favourite too, so far I feel like he's going to be very interesting as a character.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Brunhilde and Shiva.

Brunhilde is just a fascinating lady with an entertaining personality.

Shiva is a fun character and super hype.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Yes, Shiva has been rather entertaining so far but I want to see more of him.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Shiva is shaping up to be my favourite god thus far. Loki has a lot of potential too, considering his schemes and the rather suspicious demeanour he showed in the last chapter, as well as his abilities, design and personality. Everything about him screams potential.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I love Raiden mostly because of his intro lol. Adam and Koujiro as well. After the brief cameo we had of Okita I'm pretty sure he'll be high on my list.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Adam and Brunhilde

Adam: Peak Tarzan. Probably one of the best copycats I've seen in a while. His feats speak for themselves. And best dad, the cajones on the guy to stand up to his makers.

Brunhilde: I'd say up until the Poseidon fight, I was unsure of her. It definitely wasn't those epic facial expressions that sold me. But yeah, she's got me fully invested and I want to see how her story ends. Similar to how Ryuk followed Light in Death Note. How much further will she alienate from others in her quest to save humanity, which also seems like a selfish desire to stick it to the gods.

Honorable mention:
Kojiro: Enjoyed learning about history's biggest loser and was a huge fan on how he acclimated techniques.

Want to see more of Loki and Shiva

TarXan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Adam, Shiva, Hermès & Loki looks so goddamn cool

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Most of the people who read my posts for this manga should know who's my favorite character by this point. It's obviously the one and only, the first and oldest Valkyrie, protector of mankind, bane of Gods, the multi-faceted deity, my Nordic queen:

BRUNHILDE-SAMA!
Why I like her? Well, there are many reasons, but if I can list some of them:

• Beautiful and cool design.
• Very hot.
• Smart and strategic.
• Top tier expressions.
• Wants to save humans.
• Cute relationship with Goll.
• Has enough flaws to avoid being a mary sue (her plans fail from time to time, she can be really ruthless when she wants...).
• Is a strong, independent white woman, but is not ashamed of borrowing help from strong men to achieve her goals.
• Possibilities of an interesting past.
Among others. She's the protagonist I always wanted yet didn't realize I needed. I like everything about her

Other characters I like a lot are Adam, Kojiro, Jack (second fav character after Brun), Zeus, Shiva, Hrist, Heimdall and Frog-lad. Buddha has potential to become a favorite of mine too.

Last edited:

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
My favourites are:

-Buddha best god

for his nonchalant personality and his attitude.

Adam: best human

This man oozed charisma and he is our father fighting to protect his children. epic.

Pŕúđr: best valkyrie

she is so cute. Best girl so far

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Favorite Valky - Brunhilde or Geir

Favorite Human - Adam, Jack the ripper and Sasaki. Raiden is cool and fun and super OP and probably the strongest in terms of raw brute power but he lacks what the other 3 had

Favorite God - Shiva, Zeus and probably Hermes

poseidon was introduced as super OP like him being the most fearful, his calm and composed nature, him oneshotting Adamas, even gods feared him etc but he ended up as an disappointment not because he was beaten but because he didn't even show most of his powers and skillsets and underestimated vastly then got killed.

I might add Apollo or Buddha or Beelzebub after seeing more of them

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I really would like to see Nostradamus be somehow involved. He would be really cool in a fight.

BlackTiger

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Humans:

Sakaki Kojiro. The first human to gain victory for Humanity side. The best thing is he always lost when he was alive and his first victory was against God and his first victory was also Humanity's first victory.

Kondo Isami. He's not participant, doesn't have Volund but he's still brave to fight Gods.

Gods:
Used to be Thor but after seeing Shiva's backstory I think Shiva is my favourite God now. Thor is still a beast though. Buddha comes close. Loves his doesn't give a fuck attitude toward Loki.

Last edited:

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Adam and Brunhilde

Adam: Peak Tarzan. Probably one of the best copycats I've seen in a while. His feats speak for themselves. And best dad, the cajones on the guy to stand up to his makers.

Brunhilde: I'd say up until the Poseidon fight, I was unsure of her. It definitely wasn't those epic facial expressions that sold me. But yeah, she's got me fully invested and I want to see how her story ends. Similar to how Ryuk followed Light in Death Note. How much further will she alienate from others in her quest to save humanity, which also seems like a selfish desire to stick it to the gods.

Honorable mention:
Kojiro: Enjoyed learning about history's biggest loser and was a huge fan on how he acclimated techniques.

Want to see more of Loki and Shiva
Figured I'd update this. New number one is the man we know as The Buddha!

Reasoning: