Favorites - Favorite Demon Ranking | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites Favorite Demon Ranking

Favorite Demon?

• Total voters

Laminariales

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Beside Nezuko : p if any put her in favorite prospect poll or something for it to be fair

I think this series does a great job at making you root for the mains, but can't forget quality antagonists. since all demons have been flashed out I want to know people's preferences. I can't make up my mind to choose only one or multiple.... three...?

Kibutsuji muzan
True narcissist, love to hate him

Kokushibou (tsugikuni michikatsu) voted <3
Best fight ever. he wins in action and emotion. In gestures alone he was a good human and sibling, like the flute and joining the corps, but his inner twisted thoughts, tunnel vision when it comes to his goals and inability to empathize is demonic. Worst brother. Crying after cutting the flute and his sibling corpse is the only moment that pull on my heartstrings

Douma
Disappointment, based on designs alone was my favorite, changed courtesy of him being an empty person despite feigning emotions. His demon art is still the most showy and powerful though, I wish to see a battle between him and akaza. Lastly to be honest I'm guilty of liking his relationship with kotoha, only if it would give us inosuke raised by demons au

akaza (Hakuji) voted
Went from annoyingly cocky to angry madman. his hand to hand combat style in this sword festival is extremely entertaining to watch, he had it in himself to reach farther heights. I think he's the demon I flipped flopped with my feelings about the most. He has an honorable soul, the patience he has to care for the ill is admirable, his pitfall is his anger and tendency to violence, although that doesn't seam fair given the circumstances that led him to those actions. He refused to eat girls even as a demon, which demand great willpower, but still mean he consciously decided it's fine to eat "weak" people. He lives based on his own moral code which include murder, a fascinating, resilient, abominable being, it leaves bad taste that he dragged his family to hell BONUS: demon akaza color scheme being based on his thief tattoos and koyuki clothes is so good

Tamayo voted <3
Dark horse of this story. I think very grounded and less animated compared to the other characters, she along the tsugikuni I think match the original tone of the series, before the pillars showed up, who are more fit for shounen. Being a demon and eating people for so long she doesn't dare hope to be forgiven, when she was regarded by nezuko as a human it was very emotional

Gyuutarou
Humanoid mantis. For a demon, was a great older brother, or the best he could. His monologue where he consider ume his only regret.... also still coolest fight

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Akaza should be everyone's#1 by default.

After him, it's Gyutarou & Daki then Hantengu and/or Kokushibu.

levi12

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
1. Akaza
2. Rui
3. Tamayo

Laminariales

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
People with one vote are more exciting to see who voted for them than the champions

as for the winners: Kokushibou > akaza in mai hart rn . but Hakuji > michikatsu idk

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Akaza and it’s really not close in my opinion. I personally think Kokushibo is an overrated character with an amazing fight.

Last edited:

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Akaza and then Koku for me. Voting for Akaza.

Laminariales

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Akaza and it’s really not close in my opinion. I personally think Kokushibo is an overrated character with an amazing fight.
Well I think battles ought to contribute somewhat, as of now the Kokushibou battle is best battle of the current arc, also his whose whole setting/backstory and design remind me a of good Naruto times in some way, nostalgia!

I wonder how will the demons intermingle with the human characters in the official poll in august, if any of them will make it to top ten

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I think battles ought to contribute somewhat, as of now the Kokushibou battle is best battle of the current arc, also his whose whole setting/backstory and design remind me a of good Naruto times in some way, nostalgia!

I wonder how will the demons intermingle with the human characters in the official poll in august, if any of them will make it to top ten
A demon will make it to the top 10 and I think it’ll be Muzan or Kokushibou. Battles do contribute to some degree people love you if you’re apart of an awesome battle.

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Douma tbh. He may had no redeeming qualities, but he was very fun to watch and I loved his design and abilities. Too bad he was afflicted by the Gilgamesh's syndrome and had to get cocky, ending in his downfall. Would loved to see him being serious.
I like Kokushibou and Daki too.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I feel like we should have had another arc before the Infinite Dimensional Fortress arc with Douma as the antagonist and that also featured more in detail other Pillars to not have the majority of them showcase in the final arc. Akaza and Koku felt like lonely wolves that wandered around everywhere, so the potential of having an arc entirely centered around them being the antagonist had little chances, but Douma was different. He had a whole cult that worshipped him and his abilities were more versatile and more suited to be a lonely main villain of an arc. Honestly, if you ask me, it would have been really interesting, he had more potential in my eyes.

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Tamayo :worship
Gyoutarou: Loved everything about the malnourished fiend. Was a menace, the backstory, and blood sickle style was cool
Hantengu/ Yushiro : Went with Hantengu, he was praised by Muzan after all and he now got a vote

Others

Kokushibou: Was a beast in battle, but didn't really appeal to me in the flashback
Akaza: Until his great backstory, found him annoying and wasn't impressed by him. Him headless was a highlight for sure tho
Gyokko: Yeah...
Douma: Would've probably been my favorite, usually I gravitate towards these guys, but his showing was lackluster.
Enmu: Actually loved his plan to take out the slayers, but that was pretty much it.
Rui: He was solid, the spider family thing was interesting and his fight is basically enshrined in the anime hall of fame