Discussion - Favourite/Funniest scenes | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Favourite/Funniest scenes

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
YAHA! We all have our favourite scenes, or even funny ones, that we've come across o often while reading comics. Post you favourite ones over here!

:D I have alot, but I'll post them a little later. For now, I'll post a scene from Uncanny X Men #460. A favourite confrontation of mine between Psylocke and Emma.

Booyah!

She ownz that bitch! XD

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Hmm.. this is a hard one for me to comment on because some of the funniest scenes I've seen was only funny because I knew the characters, the "punchline" was only effective because of the previous pages, and also because it'd be funny out of the blue in a title that you would expect to be serious in its overall tone (ie. Sandman, especially concerning Delirium driving and Destruction and his dog...).

But I'll comment on the titles I believed to be the funniest that I've ever read, which was definitely Giffen's Justice League America and/or International and Justice League Europe back in the late 80's-early 90's. Keith Giffen made the Justice League into a dysfunctional superhero "family" and it worked extremely well - hilarious stuff.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Hmm... favourite and funniest scenes. I have lots of those, but let me list some of what i can remember and think of right now, in no particular order:

- Guy Gardner 'moon'-ing Batman in Identity Crisis (was it, i forgot :D)
- Hal Jordan punching Batman. FTW!! :thumbs
- Robin, Wonder Girl (Cassie Sandsmark) and Kid Flash stole the Batmobile in Teen Titans v3 #12, or was it #13?
- Hal Jordan ressurection in Rebirth :D
- Superman telling Ion (Kyle Rayner) that it's not a wise decision to use his power to save everyone since he thinks that mankind shouldn't be depending their lives on superheroes (he's just jealous)
- Anything that happens in the 12 issues of Keith Giffen's JLA :D
- The bar scene in X-Factor #14. XD

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
12 issues of Keith Giffen's JLA? Did you mean the "Formerly Known as the Justice League" miniseries, ichi?

He wrote both JLA and JLE for quite a few issues (up to 60 on JLA and I think around 40 on JLE) if my memory serves correctly... which it probably doesn't xD

Oh and if you have to mention GL's punch on Batman, you gotta mention Batman's punch on Guy too!! :D

EDIT: Well, here's a page I quite liked from one of these Giffen JLA issues, it's when Guy wakes up from being KO'ed by Batman - heh.

EDIT: Hmm, Imageshack keeps resizing it.. hold on.

EDIT2: Wtf, Photobucket resized it too. o.O

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
- The bar scene in X-Factor #14. XD
Ohhoohh!

I like that too. XD PUAH. Madrox winz! XD

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yeah, but that was due to his owning. XD

I also liked one particular scene, with Maria Hill. XD She sometimes randomly cracks me up.

Things like this out of the blu, just makes my day. :p I'd never had expected her to say that. And another page where she commented on the boots being ugly, and jsut staring at it. XD

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Yeah, that one's funny. Especially the look on the guy sitting in front of her. :rofl

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I know :rofl

The looks of the other S.H.I.E.L.D agents around her everytime something weird comes out of her mouth. XDDD

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Well, another character that keeps coming with new funny scenes is Deadpool. The Merc With The Mouth is full of bad jokes that makes you smile or even laugh. I think he's wasn't a living breathing non-stop bad jokes jukebox before he was in Weapon X. If he was that talkative before he was in Weapon X, then Copycat sure got some weird taste in men. :D

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ahhh yers. I've heard so much about Deadpool, and Genma-chwan kindly gave me a link to Deadpool downloads. I love him. XD He's hilarious.

And I love how he's one of those few characters who break the fourth wall. XD There was one panel where he was wondering if those little yellow thought boxes were still there, and he went on to say he missed those boxes.

Beh. My words don't do justice. *looks for the panel in Wiki*

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a8/DeadpoolYellowBoxes.jpg

Another great character who has great scenes is Morph. Holy Hell, he wouldn't stop talking. He cracks me up everytime, especially during the most serious scenes in Age of Apocalypse.

And there was one where he pretended to be Magneto in front of Pietro, and gives him a big giant wet kiss. XD :rofl

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
"Did you say floss?" :rofl
Both Marvel and DC got their own funny shape-shifter. DC with Plastic Man and Marvel with Morph. And then they also got their serious stretching man, DC with Ralph Dibny and Marvel with Reed Richards.
I just remember another funny character. It's a work by Sergio Aragones, his name is Groo the Wanderer. He's sort of a parody of Conan the Barbarian. Though Groo is feared by many of his adversaries, both for his viciousness and his stupidity, i think Groo got a lot of funny scenes too.
I found some torrent files for Groo, here and here.

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
:rofl

And I love the refernce to Wizard of Oz there. XD

LOL! XD Ken-chan. Use the last three panels as a sig. XD *cracks up* I can't stop laughing at that poor mouse scurrying around at the last panel. XD

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Here's another Guy moment...! This time with Batman! I title it... Guy's Dastardly Revenge!

This was from a more recent issue, Green Lantern Corps: Recharge. I'm loving the new GL stuff so far :D

You probably should try Green Lantern volume 4, DZ, just amazing art so far and good stories!

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Bye Bye Bats
"Tell Guy he needs a shave." :rofl
That's the scene that i was talking about. Thanks for pointing out from which comics, GK! :D

DZ, Green Lantern = lotsa green, Green Lantern Corps = more green... :D

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Oh, didn't realize you had listed it as one of your faves xD

Definitely agree with that one.

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
:rofl

Ive seen that scene. XD From NF. They posted a whole load of Green Lantern, nd Deadpool stuff there. XD

I might read it. :p He's green, he's cool in my books. XD

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Yeah, I saw that one, first on Batman's wikipedia entry (check it out!) Cracked me up when I saw it.