Favourite Game Music | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favourite Game Music

Freya

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I love Persona 3 & 4 soundtracks but I prefer Persona 3. I want to share a video but can't decide which one because I love all of them :XD
Here's a playlist of all P3/P3FES/P3P soundtracks :^_^

and here's a playlist of P4 soundtracks! The first video shown here is my favorite boss theme :)

I haven't played Persona 5 but I think I will love its soundtracks as well :fan

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
No specific favourite music as each good music imo fits well within the theme but overall I would say that I love especially TES, Pokemon (so nostalgic ;-;) CoD (the game may suck but some of the OSTs in the earlier installments were damn good) and Witcher 3 OSTs.

TrienDarkform

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Nier Automata had some masterful usage of music, which can't completely be captured in the individual tracks that you might listen to (though the soundtrack album, which I purchased as soon as it became available, does a very nice job of creating a cohesive musical experience).

The compositions and recordings themselves are very nice in and of themselves, but the game itself has multiple variations recorded of each theme, along with a vocal layer (and for some songs, multiple vocal layers). Depending on what's happening in-game at the moment, it'll crossfade between different the different variations, and if the mood at that point in the story calls for it, it'll add the vocals on top of it as well.

Though I wouldn't rank it at the top of my personal list for favourite game soundtrack in terms of the music writing, I'd have to give it top rank for execution and how it's actually integrated into the game itself. :)

Polemos

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I don't think I need to say much...

The music from the Souls games is top tier. It takes me a long time to actually start playing the game, because of the epic menu theme. ;w;

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The theme song as well as the instrumental version for Namco x Capcom is very catchy. Too bad the game wasn’t brought over to the west

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Michiru's theme song. So elegant. I even set it as my ringtone :D

Setsuna's theme song. So fate-y

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
Recent soundtracks I liked: xenoblade chronicles 2, persona 5, Botw, Astral chain, Smash ultimate(if thats not cheating), Devil may cry V, Y's VIII.

BlackTiger

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Mostly Dynasty Warriors or Sengoku Basara musics. Music in Wu Zhang Plain are good in Dynasty Warriors. Kotaro Fuma and Motochika Chosokabe have cool theme in Sengoku Basara.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Adorable. :toc

Last edited:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Mostly Dynasty Warriors or Sengoku Basara musics. Music in Wu Zhang Plain are good in Dynasty Warriors. Kotaro Fuma and Motochika Chosokabe have cool theme in Sengoku Basara.
oh you play Sengoku Basara :zomg
I liked Uesugi Kenshin and Kasuga (Bishamonten) theme songs :D

BlackTiger

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
oh you play Sengoku Basara :zomg
I liked Uesugi Kenshin and Kasuga (Bishamonten) theme songs :D

1 of the best hack and slash game. Fuma theme sounds very metal and Motochika theme brimms you with energy lol Kenshin and Kasuga themes are cool too. Sounds very calm. The best thing anout the game is every characters have their own themes.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

zinablade

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
The FFIX soundtrack is one I always go back to. It's also my favorite game in the series.
Also, though I've never played it, I love listening to the Okami soundtrack (I should really play it...)