Low Tier Singles - Final - Hiyoshi Wakashi vs Kai Yuujirou | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Low Tier Singles Final - Hiyoshi Wakashi vs Kai Yuujirou

Vote for who you think wins this match.

• Hiyoshi Wakashi

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Kai Yuujirou

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Singles - Low Tier
Final

NameHiyoshi Wakashi
GradeMiddle School 2nd Year
BirthdayDecember 5th
Height172 cm
Weight60 kg
HandednessRight
PlaystyleAggressive Baseliner

VERSUS

NameKai Yuujirou
GradeMiddle School 3rd Year
BirthdayAugust 27th
Height175 cm
Weight63 kg
HandednessLeft
PlaystyleAggressive Baseliner

Serve order: Hiyoshi -> Kai

This round ends on Monday, August 26th, at 8 PM GMT.

Have fun discussing.

floman

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I think Kai will take this one. It will be a challenging match but I think the Viking horn will be Enbu tennis. Kai was able to hold his own against the seal step and I doubt Hiyoshi could. Hiyoshi isn't fast enough to keep up with Kai.

Even though Hiyoshi has gotten over his problem with long matches, eventually with being run around side to side he will run out of stamina. He has nowhere near the stamina that Kaido has and when Tezuka ran him around Kaido fell too. I don't think Kai will be as good at making Hiyoshi run around as Tezuka was with Kaido, but the same concept will apply in the end Hiyoshi will fall when he has no way of sealing the viking horn.

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I think Hiyoshi will win. Kikumaru can seal Viking Horn in the end. And really, Hiyoshi score to Echizen is 4-6, which is not that bad, since Echizen is probably much stronger than Kikumaru.

And I don't think it's fair to assume that Hiyoshi will run out of stamina anymore, especially with how much he's shown to last in his last match.

And really, it look like Hiyoshi do pretty well against Akaya too, and judging from Yanagi personality, I doubt it's a joke.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/prince_of_tennis/c154/5.html

Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Ken, we know Jirou > > Wakashi, even if Jirou got destroyed by 2nd counter Fuji... and then CE 3 counters Fuji barely won against Akaya. Yanagi said "fairly well" against regular Akaya (it's really likely that he didn't even go Red Eyes there). Losing 6-2 or 6-3 against Prefecturals (or even worse) Akaya ain't that big of a feat.

Wakashi won 4 games against Echizen prolly just because he wanted to. He wasn't serious at all in that match. Btw, I'd say that Nationals! Kikumaru > Prefecturals Ryoma, why not? After all, it was shown in a training (that playing styles training that they did in PoT) that they used to be kinda even in skills back in the day.

Hiyoshi would be able to seal Shukuchihou after some time, yes, and prolly VH too... and what does he have then? Enbu Tennis? I don't think that alone is good enough to beat Kai at all.

I'm giving this to Kai.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Why not? Kai lost to Kikumaru, really. And it's mention that Hiyoshi beat Ootori, who beat Shishido. And Shishido does beat Kikumaru in this tournament.

And since when is Kikumaru even close to Echizen? Hiyoshi at his max pacing (that he should be able to keep up now with his most recent match) are about even to Regional! Echizen and he managed to dominated both Inui and Kaidoh, both of which are stronger player than Kikumaru. Hiyoshi should take this one rather comfortably.

Last edited:

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Kai's VH will eventually worn out Hiyoshi. Even if he improved his stamina, that isn't that great tbh, he will have to run a lot around the court to get to VH. Hiyoshi will seal Sukuchihou, but even if he manages to return it, Enbu Tennis isn't good enough to beat a player like Kai.

And Hiyoshi being even with Ryoma isn't true. Ryoma was joking around and wasn't even playing seriously. Ryoma would have 6-0'd Hiyoshi if he wanted to. Even if Hiyoshi improved from Mountain Training, Kai also went there and prolly improved.

I see Hiyoshi dealing with Sukuchihou, but VH will be too much for him and if he manages to deal with it, Kai with his reverse grip will cause a lot of trouble, and eventually Hiyoshi won't stand up to that. I think he'll be exhausted.

Kai takes this 6-4.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Why not? Kai lost to Kikumaru, really. And it's mention that Hiyoshi beat Ootori, who beat Shishido. And Shishido does beat Kikumaru in this tournament.

And since when is Kikumaru even close to Echizen? Hiyoshi at his max pacing (that he should be able to keep up now with his most recent match) are about even to Regional! Echizen and he managed to dominated both Inui and Kaidoh, both of which are stronger player than Kikumaru. Hiyoshi should take this one rather comfortably.

I sill dunno how Shishido defeated Kikumaru in this tournament, it was nonesense. Had airgrimes been there to vote, Kikumaru would had won.

Kikumaru was close back in the day, as I said... really, saying that Hiyoshi > Kikumaru just because Echizen let him win some games, is like saying that Yuuta > Kikumaru too... nonesense.

Let's see... Hiyoshi and Gakuto (cause he didn't do it alone) dominated a Kaidoh that only rallied and an Inui that wasn't even trying (he was just collecting data)... again, that ain't a big feat.

You're underestimating Kai just because he lost against Kikumaru (...and that ain't bad at all).

Now, let's use your logic here, just to show how irrelevant those 4 games that Hiyoshi won are.

Kai >> Tanishi.Tanishi won 6 games against Kanto Echizen. So, Kai >> Tanishi >> Hiyoshi , right?

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Tanishi won the shot due to Echizen lacks of power. That's how he got 6 game.

And how irrelevant is it? Does Enbu Tennis is a big shot that Echizen can't return due to his lack of power or tech? Not really. I don't see how Kai can match Hiyoshi here.

And Kikumaru is horrible as a player, and is low tier player really.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Tanishi won the shot due to Echizen lacks of power. That's how he got 6 game..
So? He won those games just with power, and Wakashi just won those games because Ryoma let him.

And Kikumaru is horrible as a player, and is low tier player really.
These are all low tier players...

Status
Not open for further replies.