FINAL: Whitebeard vs. Shanks | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

FINAL: Whitebeard vs. Shanks

Who is the CHAMPION?

• Whitebeard

Votes: 46 50.5%
  • Shanks

Votes: 45 49.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Razh

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Like I stated...BB is 1-0 vs Shanks
Cool story bro.

Give me a link showing anything about that fight beside Shanks getting scratches over his eye. Giving your opponent a scar doesn't win the fight. It's not like it was a disabling wound, like Luffy got vs Akainu.

Wha

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
i mostly agree with mickdawgx81. I haven't seen Shanks going all out so far, have you? As for Mihawk, i don't think he doesn't take shanks serious. I think they are old rivals /friends (Mihawk going to Shanks letting him know about Luffy - that he even knew about Luffy & Shanks is a hint for a deeper relationship. Or when he left the battlefield after Shanks arrived he stated that he agreed to fight WB, not Shanks).

As for BB - he was able do wound Shanks, before he got his ability. He was able to defeat Ace, without WB ability. Now he has his ability, the earthquake power (which he could use to "destroy the world, according to the "Great buddha") for two years and who knows what other abilities he already collected (Jinbey stated that they are hunting for strong DFs and BB is the only one i know about who could use more than one DF power). I think BB is right now the strongest of the yonkou.

As for Shanks: i think he is one of the strongest, but i agree with mickdawgx81 that Roger would be the one to fight WB, not Shanks. Shanks wanted to stop WB back when they met. They clashed swords with each other and i don't think that Shanks won. Maybe he had a draw. A draw against an aging WB, who was the only real rival of Roger, the pirate king (as i know so far). So i just don't see Shanks on a levl with Roger or WB back in their "prime time".

As for Shanks stopping aikanu: When shanks arrived, aikanu already fought Wb, Jimbey, Marco,......and he was just stopped, not defeated. And aikanu was stopped by marco and that swordman of WB crew, too. I doubt BB fled because he thought he had no chances of winning - the loss would have been too great (going thre w all the trouble collecting his crew and maybe loosing them fighting someone that strong - goes for both Shanks & crew & aikanu)

mickdawgx81

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Cool story bro.

Give me a link showing anything about that fight beside Shanks getting scratches over his eye. Giving your opponent a scar doesn't win the fight. It's not like it was a disabling wound, like Luffy got vs Akainu.
There's more evidence to BB winning than there is the other way around isn't there?
If it was a boxing/UFC fight, BB would've won by decision.

Reactions: Wha

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
There's more evidence to BB winning than there is the other way around isn't there?
If it was a boxing/UFC fight, BB would've won by decision.
There is no evidence of anything else happening than Blackbeard scratching Shanks with his claw weapon. Blackbeard may have won. Shanks may have won. Or the fight was interrupted before anyone won.

Wha

Reaction score
Country
Austria
There is no evidence of anything else happening than Blackbeard scratching Shanks with his claw weapon. Blackbeard may have won. Shanks may have won. Or the fight was interrupted before anyone won.

you're right. But adding the power BB gained so far (and i am only talking about the ones that have been shown so far) he know has the earthquake powers, an incredibly strong ability + the darkness thing - both powers Blackbeard couldn't use in the fight between him and Shank and he still managed to scar him (something even Mihawk wasn't able to - and according to WB, they fought each other a view times). It's not proven, but the chances that Shanks is loosing are in my opinion higher than his chances of winning (even if Shanks has got a devil fruit by now, BB could take his powers away like he did with Ace.). And he is now holding the power to destroy the world^^

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
You do know that has nothing to do with this thread, right? Blackbeard lost in the last round, so...

Wha

Reaction score
Country
Austria
wasn't that the discusision since the second post of page 6? How the hell shanks ended up in the finals (or something like that). You even responded to that (2 times). But you are right, i suppose this is off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.