Misc Attempt - First time Editing anything, how'd you guys think I did? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Misc Attempt First time Editing anything, how'd you guys think I did?

Kemuel

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So this afternoon I decided to stop making excuses and just sit down and scanlate something. Done a lot of translation in my time and a lot of photoshopping, but never brought the two together until now. Be gentle! ^^;

http://imgur.com/a/Zwir0

Its part of the omake from the back of a full-colour artbook, so not exactly typical fare. Not seen it anywhere else on the web, so once I'm done with all 20 pages I might look at releasing it somewhere. There's not much plot or anything, but I imagine fans of Katsuya Kondo or Jade Cocoon might like it.

i0wntehworld

Reaction score
Country
United States
well im no pro or anything but some pages has this weird "page fold". although i don't really mind it but if you want to be all perfect, you should get that fixed. besides that, everything is awesome! its awesome work for a first-timer.

Raenef

Reaction score
Country
Germany
i am not a cleaner but i think i can comment some things for cleaning and as I am a typesetter i can for ts
I hope u dont mind that i wont go through page by page as you said u did 20

cleaning:
page 1
2 dirt points near the word "art"

page 2
the greys at the right side of the page shouldnt be there i guess

page 3
this time greys on the left -- question did you debind the book before scanning or did u just put the volume on your scanner, doing so creates annoying shadows and makes it lq if they are not removed

page 6
shadows on the side of the page again (wont mention them on the following pages)

page 8
is not rotated looked like others werent too

typesetting

page 3
panel 1
bubble 1 use center allignement not left
bubble 2 size too big
bubble 3 use center allignement
box not centered , yamu not centered, other text too big (it cuts into the box, change text layout)

panel 2
bubble 1 change text layout
bubble 2 the bubble is partially grey clean it if it is dirty, reduce size

panel 3
check if the raw is written in red if not stay with black, change layout of the text

panel 4
reduce size

panel 5
bubble 1 not centered, size too big
bubble 2 bubble not cleaned size too big

--------------------------------------------------------------

that was it for the first page for the next comments i will go over and point out mistakes which are special and not go through it like the page before even if you made the mistakes like above.

page 5
write the tn note in black, give the hint of the tn note, reduce size of it
dont write vertical
a rai... -- not sure if that was really written in the raws if not u should avoid adding it
i would not add the sound as it is clear by looking at it, else redraw or give it as a TN

for different pages/bubbles - check which height space was chosen between the lines it should be auto

2nd chap page 2
u wrote the english words between the jap of the yelling if the jap are the english words, then clean out the jap

page 3 2nd chap
dont write the monster names vertical either hyphen them or reduce size here probably hyphen

chapter 3 page 3
the green is difficult to read

a short look over if you have questions feel free to ask

Savino

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Raenef has already metioned a lot, but there are still some things left. The page folds are a big problem. Brighten them up by using the dodge or/and the brush tool. And change the mode to RGB, indexed doesnt look very good. And just to simply put what Raenef said, rotate by using the ruler and the rotate arbitery and try using smaller fontsize and more fit to the bubble. Like on page 215, the bubble where it sais " My name's Loulie! etc., try making it more aligned to the buuble. there should be more space on the left and right side and less over and under. Also try to hold a consistent page height. I hope this helpes you, and nice start :)

EDIT: Here,http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/6945/test100.png . Rotated, cropped, removed fold and leveled a bit with curves. Yes, this I first noticed when I was cleaning it, It needs to be brightended up. I reccomed you use curves and not levels for this as it isnt a black and white manga.

Last edited:

Raenef

Reaction score
Country
Germany
savino u killed the ts ^^

joke aside if you need help again ask and it will be answered