Shounen - Flame of Recca by Anzai Nobuyuki | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Flame of Recca by Anzai Nobuyuki

sagnik

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
India
Hey people,
Does ne one know from where I can get direct downloads of FLAME OF RECCA Manga ( Not bittorrent or ne other p2p ).

This question has already been answered but I thought we shouldn't limit this thread to this only.
Although knowing where to get a manga is quite useful I think this series has discussion potential, too.
So instead of locking it we should talk about anything interesting about Flame of Recca.
Just go ahead! ;)
- Miso -

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: FLAME OF RECCA

I'm also starting to read Flame of Recca, thanks to Dragonzair ^^

I'm glad to have an alternative place to download the volumes instead of irc, thanks Miso!

Miso

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Can some1 tell me what's the story of it and perhaps your personal opinion about the series?

sagnik

Reaction score
Country
India

Miso said:
Can some1 tell me what's the story of it and perhaps your personal opinion about the series?
Check this out!!

Flame of Recca is about a high schooler named Recca Hanabishi, who aspires to be a ninja and is obsessed with anything ninja-related. After meeting a girl named Yanagi Sakoshita, whom he acknowledged to be his princess (姫 hime), and a mysterious woman named Kage Hoshi (陽炎Kagerō) a.k.a. (影子), who apparently attacked him for no reason at all, he finds that he not only comes from a long-dead ninja clan of 400-years past, he also can control his personal Flame. Recca and his friends (Domon Ishijima, Fuko Kirisawa, Tokiya Mikagami, Kaoru Koganei) must grow stronger in order to protect Yanagi from being taken by Kurei (紅麗) and his adopted father, the evil Kouran Mori, who wants eternal life, and believes that Yanagi's mysterious healing power is the key to it.

I have not yet read the manga but I have seen the anime which totally great although they blotched it up at the end with a crappy ending. I heard that the manga is better.

Last edited by a moderator:

abdulahi

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

anyone got anymore sites to get the flames of recca manga scans.

even though mangatraders is a great site its been down for some time now. and i now finished the anime and i want to read the manga and compare it.

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Didn't know there was a Flame of Recca topic here :P

Well FoR rocks. I decided to start reading it cause I liked MÄR, which is also by Nobuyuki Anzai. The first 4 volumes are pretty average and the artwork isn't very good either, but if you get past that it's all good man. The Urabutou-satsujin arc kicks off and everything shifts into gear. Anzai's art improves immensly, and it is imo just one of the best tournament arcs in a classis shounen ever.
I'd also recommend this to the guys, since there are a lot of cute girls in it (especially my dear Fuuko -> see avatar :D) and the mangaka isn't shy with the fanservice.

So, great action, funny characters, kickass moves, cute girls... Do I need to go on?

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

sagnik said:
I have not yet read the manga but I have seen the anime which totally great although they blotched it up at the end with a crappy ending. I heard that the manga is better.
Ditto with sagnik. I plan to pick up the manga sometime in the near future but I'll have to look for an alternative place to download.

abdulahi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

sagnik said:
i thrid this.
i didnt like the ending to much either.

@ pwned hokage may i ask where did you get the manga from???? only place i knew was mangatraders but they seem to be down all the time now. OFF TOPIC just noticed we got the same number of posts as i post this :leepose

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

I get all my manga from 1 place: IRC
But Flame of Recca is one that I'm buying.

abdulahi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

guess i'll buy them then, searching for it online is getting long. however if someone does find a place do mention it, i do like to back up my mangas.

thanks hokage

HK-47

Reaction score

dula said:
anyone got anymore sites to get the flames of recca manga scans.

even though mangatraders is a great site its been down for some time now. and i now finished the anime and i want to read the manga and compare it.
as you may have guessed from watching all the episodes, the anime is less than half of the full story of FoR. the ending of the anime is VERY different from what happened in the manga at that point, and even before the ending there are many other differences. the bottom line is, if you liked the anime, you'll like the manga even more.

btw all the volumes are on the #lurk irc channel. or you can wait for mangatraders to go back online.

abdulahi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

i did enjoy the anime, even though i watched it some ago, it was good. and i know the manga will be better, mangas are generally much better. two major examples of this is shaman king and ichigo100%, both great animes but no way near the manga. back FoR, thanx letting me know of lurk, i will give it a go sometime soon i guess, but i still want to buy the mangas also.

did you like the manga HK?

HK-47

Reaction score

^i definitely did. i really enjoyed the anime too, but it thought the ending was a real bummer. the manga clears everything up.

oh, and mangatraders is back online!

abdulahi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

yeah the anime ending really did tick me off.

and i noticed mangatraders are back online i've already started reading the manga and its great so far, but theres 32 volumes. man i got a lot to get through.

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Actually there's 33 :p

abdulahi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

pwned hokage said:
Actually there's 33 :p
my mistake then, cheers for the correction :leepose

oneseyespy

Reaction score
Country
United States

I will Have to say that the manga was better than the anime.

cobra2150

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I agree the Manga is way better than the anime, the anime changed to much with the flame dragons (don't want to say what as it might spoil). But yeah the Manga kicks ass and everyone should read it.

La_Muerte

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic

FOR is one of the best mangas i have read so far, it has awesome fighting sequences and its not some crappy story, the characters develop a lot throughout the series and as the volumes go up it keeps getting better and better, btw i love the flame dragons