Discussion - Flaws in characters' development and personalties of fairy tail | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Flaws in characters' development and personalties of fairy tail

Who is the most overrated character in fairy tail among protagonists???

• Natsu Dragneel including END

• Gray Fullbuster

• Erza Scarlet

• Laxus Dreyar

• Wendy Marvell

• Happy

• Carla

• Gajeel

• Rogue

• Sting

• Jellal (earthland)

• Gildarts Clive

• Cana

• Makaroff Dreyar

• Lucy Heartfilia

• Mirajane Strauss

• Panther Lily

• Mavis Vermillion

• Anna heartfilia

• igneel

• metallicana/weisslogia/skiadrum/grandeeney

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys i finally created a thread to discuss about the flaws in ANY characters so its easier to prevent off topic posts here.....
@Kantos @Jean Grey @Ice devil slayer @Zeref Spriggan @Emperor Spriggan @Enima..... @Nemispelled @Cat Sidhe26

Well, if you want my honest opinion here, then I won't mind giving it.

Just note this isn't a rant, bash, or insult towards any character. It's just my fair and honest assessment of flaws in some of the characters. All of it is my personal opinion.

We'll start out with something simple and obvious:

1.) Erza Scarlet

This one is easy because she has one of the most unrealistic fights in the series and refuses to stay down and give other characters a spotlight. One of the most major flaws in Erza's character is that I find she is constantly biased.

And only towards certain characters too. Which would be Jellal, Makarov, and Natsu. Personally, I'm not a fan of this.
  • Jellal: This one is a given, but he's the only one she doesn't boss around besides Makarov. One of Erza's flaw is that she can never stand up against her own "boyfriend". During the ToH Arc, I really despised the fact that Erza allowed herself to be controlled and manipulated so easily by Jellal. Even when Simon and her friends were treated with disrespect, Erza felt weak and powerless against Jellal. I lost a little bit of respect for Erza there because she should have been strong and fight Jellal as a real independent woman.

• Makarov: One thing that kinda annoys me is Erza's 100% absolute loyalty to Makarov. While I understand it is important for her to respect her elders, she blindly follows Makarov's orders and cannot function as a leader herself. She also frequently tries to second guess Makarov. One instance that I did not like was when she refused to help the Galuna Island villagers after arriving and began threatening Gray, Lucy, and Happy to abandon the S-Class quest. While I understand that Natsu and Lucy broke the rules, the villagers were in trouble and they were already in a mess. Instead of Erza trying to boss others around, she should have helped them finish the quest in order to prevent tarnishing FT's name. I was also annoyed when Erza could not let go of Makarov in the current arc when he decided to sacrifice himself with Fairy Law. She kept on babbling about "finding another way" when there was clearly no time and they were gaining a lot of casualties.

• Natsu: Didn't like it when she actually supported Natsu in soloing Zeref, Invel, and an entire army at the beginning of the war. She also criticized Gray in "not trusting" Natsu when it was clearly a bad move. It's no wonder why Erza has one of the most unrealistic fights.

2.) Irene Belserion

Her character is completely flawed in my opinion.. and it's not because she is the mother of Erza Scarlet.

First thing I didn't like about her character was that she was cocky and overconfident from the beginning. She turned Hisui into a rodent and mocked the King for loving his daughter. Then she was eager to meet with Acnologia to brag about Zeref and the Spriggan 12.

Not to mention, she used Universe One which miraculously revived Gajeel from the dead and backfired on the Spriggans. The part that really annoyed me was that she thought it was a good move for Alvarez's side.

Last, her fight with Wendy and Erza was beyond ridiculous. She kept repeating the same mistakes over and over again. At the end, while Erza was destroying the meteor, Irene literally stared blankly up into the sky for 7 straight panels without sending a roar up to vaporize Erza.

After getting outsmarted by Erza and Wendy, she was slashed by Erza and suddenly decided to commit suicide when she couldn't resist Erza's smile.

This post is too long for me to name the flaws of every character. So I'm going to end it here and post my opinion of other characters at a later time. It might take quite a while though.

For now, I think starting with Erza and Irene is reasonable enough. I'll also let you know which characters I'm going to address in my next post:

Next up: Natsu and Larcade

Last edited:

Aonori

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
@Nemispelled, on this whole bashing on Erza´s fail leadership skills and her whole obedient relation with Makarov, you mentioned reminds me, of another thing, her character fails in regards to other character interactions.

Minerva: Why the fuck didnt Erza try to learn anything from Minerva about leadership during the Great Magic Games arc, lol? Minerva unlike Erza she took initiave everytime her father was about to do something stupid, calmed natsu after a hostage situation, so her dad would save face in Saber Tooth, took her father out of the equation after he made a clown of himself with his one sided antagonism towards the 3rd gen dragon slayers and took the leadership role by herself straight up for the last day of the tournament, she devised a impecable flawless strategy that would guarantee her teams victory 100%, which not even Mavis, intelect could predict from a mile a way, she clearly was the example to follow for Erza´s character, yet all we see in their relation of rivalry is poor, Minerva apologizing all the goddamn time, for playing smart and Erza acting like a self-righteous piece of trash that needs plot armor and plot bending to win most of her fights.

Last edited:

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Juvia is the most flawed character.

• Gets overly jealous
  • Doesn't contribute much
  • Regressed as a character
  • Gray Sama blah blah
  • Has no goal but being Gray's wife
  • Doesn't really do anything for herself
  • Boring and tedious character
Juvia has become real stale as of late. I used to like but now she is just too much up Gray's butt and doesn't really think of anything but him.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
What about Gray? :teehee

I was very disappointed in his so called Trump Card which turned out to be the same old Iced Shell with the additional effect of everyone losing their memories of his very existence,i mean sure it was smart as it was meant to save Natsu from dying with Zeref since he would be sealed for awhile but i was kinda expecting something with a bit more BOOM to it if you know what i mean.
I mean even a Devil Slayer Secret Arts would have been cool something to shatter the Link between Zeref and Natsu.

xXCHILLEYXx

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Oh boi!! A forum designed for me lol Who ever made this forum I love you :D

For characters with flaws I don't really have many cause I find most of them in the "fine" zone or characters that grown on me like lucy for example who I hated so much in the beginning of the series, Plus when I started watching FT I was just starting to get into Anime so I had the displeasure of watching the FT anime in the English Dub which made Lucy soooooooooo unbearable that I almost stopped watching FT. Now she is 1 of my favorite characters cause she had so much development, wayyyyy more then most characters in this manga. But for my list of characters with flaws it has to go to Erza, Natsu and Juiva.

Erza and Natsu - These 2 are the characters I found that had a lot of potential and had a lot of moments that Hiro could of develop their character but he was just like "fuck it"

For natsu I get the hate but I don't hate him as much as other people, Some of his power ups did came out of no where but I found the earlier power ups was more of a dragon slayer problem than a natsu problem and the new ones like the Igneel power up and END all had good foreshadowing so the power up thing is not my problem. My problem with natsu is that he is so damn 1 dimensional and so Generic that I just want to give him in the words of Elfman - A manly slap in the face. He is that dumb ass, friendship is magic, clue less character like every other MC that I feel like falling asleep cause he is just so damn boring and just uninteresting. That's why I can't wait for END cause I hope it adds some depth and meat to his character. Doubt it though -_-

Erza - everyone knows how I feel about Erza lol she was once a character who was physically strong but emotionally weak and was a character who was the easiest to relate too. Now she is the superman of FT without kryptonite that can bend the laws of logic and reason and can BS her way out of any situation AND that good shit about her character is "poof" out the window, now we have a 1 dimensional character who has a character and emotional depth of a dried up puddle. That's all I have to say about that XD

Juiva..... you poor soul - Juiva was a character much like erza that I really enjoyed in the beginning and was a character that kept me interested in FT while Natsu and Lucy was giving me a migraine. But that all came to a stop when the "gray-sama" stuff kicked in, that's when it came clear that her character was made just for gray and his character development. While Juiva was a badass character who was so unique turned into a Gray fan girl that I wanted her too die off cause she became one of my most hated characters in ANY manga ever. The BIG slap in the face is without Gray, all the little development she had goes out the window and goes back to the rain women. Which is good for me cause that's when her character is good but that's when in comes more apparent that her character heavily relies on Gray which sucks. I wish Hiro made her more of a badass/independent character than a #1 Gray fan girl.

Last edited:

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Before i start giving my opinion i'd like somebody to explain what exactly you guys mean by flaws. <_>

Do you mean a flaw as an error Hiro made when designing the character, something that shouldn't have been made and makes the character worse in the manga?
Or do you mean just a flaw in personality, like Natsu being dumb or Juvia being over jealous?

Because if it's the latter, this thread will never end as imo every character has pros and cons.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Nemispelled, on this whole bashing on Erza´s fail leadership skills and her whole obedient relation with Makarov, you mentioned reminds me, of another thing, her character fails in regards to other character interactions.

Minerva: Why the fuck didnt Erza try to learn anything from Minerva about leadership during the Great Magic Games arc, lol? Minerva unlike Erza she took initiave everytime her father was about to do something stupid, calmed natsu after a hostage situation, so her dad would save face in Saber Tooth, took her father out of the equation after he made a clown of himself with his one sided antagonism towards the 3rd gen dragon slayers and took the leadership role by herself straight up for the last day of the tournament, she devised a impecable flawless strategy that would guarantee her teams victory 100%, which not even Mavis, intelect could predict from a mile a way, she clearly was the example to follow for Erza´s character, yet all we see in their relation of rivalry is poor, Minerva apologizing all the goddamn time, for playing smart and Erza acting like a self-righteous piece of trash that needs plot armor and plot bending to win most of her fights.

I'm going to have to agree with that. Minerva was a far better leader for Sabertooth than Erza or Mavis was for Fairy Tail.

Most of Erza's or Mavis' strategies were based on far-fetched calculations and made-up assumptions while Minerva actually took specific actions to guarantee their advantage. She took Millianna hostage during the Final Battle of GMG to make Kagura and Erza fight one another.

Minerva should have won against Erza because Erza had her foot crushed from a falling rock and was exhausted from her battle with Kagura, but the plot interfered on that account.

Sting was also placed on stand-by while the rest of Sabertooth fought, which was smart because, at the end of the Final Battle, all FT members were worn out from going all out at the beginning. Meanwhile, Sting was in perfect condition because he was waiting for the FT team to exhaust themselves.

Before i start giving my opinion i'd like somebody to explain what exactly you guys mean by flaws. <_>

Do you mean a flaw as an error Hiro made when designing the character, something that shouldn't have been made and makes the character worse in the manga?
Or do you mean just a flaw in personality, like Natsu being dumb or Juvia being over jealous?

Because if it's the latter, this thread will never end as imo every character has pros and cons.

For me, it's a factor of both. I am judging off of their original qualities as a character as well as their personalities. But I'm also including Mashima's error throughout the arcs, and I'm going to be especially critical of Alvarez Arc, because this is where most of the characters were screwed up.

And you're right about most characters having pros and cons, which is why my post was a lot longer that it was originally intended to be.

To be fair to all characters, I'm going to name any major flaws that I see, and that even includes all disastrous instances from the Alvarez Arc.

Last edited:

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Just note this isn't a rant, bash, or insult towards any character. It's just my fair and honest assessment of flaws in some of the characters. All of it is my personal opinion.

1.) Erza Scarlet

This one is easy because she has one of the most unrealistic fights in the series and refuses to stay down and give other characters a spotlight. One of the most major flaws in Erza's character is that I find she is constantly biased.

And only towards certain characters too. Which would be Jellal, Makarov, and Natsu. Personally, I'm not a fan of this.
  • Jellal: This one is a given, but he's the only one she doesn't boss around besides Makarov. One of Erza's flaw is that she can never stand up against her own "boyfriend". During the ToH Arc, I really despised the fact that Erza allowed herself to be controlled and manipulated so easily by Jellal. Even when Simon and her friends were treated with disrespect, Erza felt weak and powerless against Jellal. I lost a little bit of respect for Erza there because she should have been strong and fight Jellal as a real independent woman.

• Makarov: One thing that kinda annoys me is Erza's 100% absolute loyalty to Makarov. While I understand it is important for her to respect her elders, she blindly follows Makarov's orders and cannot function as a leader herself. She also frequently tries to second guess Makarov. One instance that I did not like was when she refused to help the Galuna Island villagers after arriving and began threatening Gray, Lucy, and Happy to abandon the S-Class quest. While I understand that Natsu and Lucy broke the rules, the villagers were in trouble and they were already in a mess. Instead of Erza trying to boss others around, she should have helped them finish the quest in order to prevent tarnishing FT's name. I was also annoyed when Erza could not let go of Makarov in the current arc when he decided to sacrifice himself with Fairy Law. She kept on babbling about "finding another way" when there was clearly no time and they were gaining a lot of casualties.

• Natsu: Didn't like it when she actually supported Natsu in soloing Zeref, Invel, and an entire army at the beginning of the war. She also criticized Gray in "not trusting" Natsu when it was clearly a bad move. It's no wonder why Erza has one of the most unrealistic fights.

2.) Irene Belserion

Her character is completely flawed in my opinion.. and it's not because she is the mother of Erza Scarlet.

First thing I didn't like about her character was that she was cocky and overconfident from the beginning. She turned Hisui into a rodent and mocked the King for loving his daughter. Then she was eager to meet with Acnologia to brag about Zeref and the Spriggan 12.

Not to mention, she used Universe One which miraculously revived Gajeel from the dead and backfired on the Spriggans. The part that really annoyed me was that she thought it was a good move for Alvarez's side.

Last, her fight with Wendy and Erza was beyond ridiculous. She kept repeating the same mistakes over and over again. At the end, while Erza was destroying the meteor, Irene literally stared blankly up into the sky for 7 straight panels without sending a roar up to vaporize Erza.

After getting outsmarted by Erza and Wendy, she was slashed by Erza and suddenly decided to commit suicide when she couldn't resist Erza's smile.

This post is too long for me to name the flaws of every character. So I'm going to end it here and post my opinion of other characters at a later time. It might take quite a while though.

For now, I think starting with Erza and Irene is reasonable enough. I'll also let you know which characters I'm going to address in my next post:

Next up: Natsu and Larcade
I agree 100%, there's also the fact that she could only walk on crutches after her fight with Ajeel and still accompanied the southern squad despite her injuries which would just slow them down because "lol I wanna see my sis Kagura", not to mention she didn't give a flying fuck about Milliana, she has lots of character interactions but they're pretty piss-poor, there was also no real significance in Erza accompanying them south because she did jackshit in the end, so she should have stayed at fairy tail and recuperated, at least then she could fight against Irene at least almost fully healed instead of nearly dead.
Thanks for mentioning that blind faith she had in Natsu too..... that shit was cringeworthy and really frustrating to read beyond anything else, especially when Mavis "The fairy tactician" (my arse) just rolled with it. (I hope you do a character flaw post on this loli bitch as well)

I also like to note that a flaw in Irene's character is that her whole backstory is un-foreshadowed and has a major glaring plot hole which is Acnologia not counting her amongst the dragon slayers as he hunted them down, I think Hiro might even have been making up her story as he went along to the point that he just made it up on the very spot when the time came, at least have Acno indicate there's a mysterious 8th slayer who is masking their scent or something.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree 100%, there's also the fact that she could only walk on crutches after her fight with Ajeel and still accompanied the southern squad despite her injuries which would just slow them down because "lol I wanna see my sis Kagura", not to mention she didn't give a flying fuck about Milliana, she has lots of character interactions but they're pretty piss-poor, there was also no real significance in Erza accompanying them south because she did jackshit in the end, so she should have stayed at fairy tail and recuperated, at least then she could fight against Irene at least almost fully healed instead of nearly dead.

I also like to note that a flaw in Irene's character is that her whole backstory is un-foreshadowed and has a major glaring plot hole which is Acnologia not counting her amongst the dragon slayers as he hunted them down, I think Hiro might even have been making up her story as he went along to the point that he just made it up on the very spot when the time came, at least have Acno indicate there's a mysterious 8th slayer who is masking their sent or something.

Exactly. It seemed Mashima decided to change Irene into a dragon slayer at the last second when he drafted her character. Acnologia should have known there were 2 dragon slayers among Alvarez's ranks, especially since Irene was the one who was just meters away from Acnologia when she casted Universe One.

Erza is known for having a piece of every cake (no pun intended). In every battle, she has to make some sort of difference.. or at least some sort of entrance. Which is why the quality of her character started to drastically degrade during Tenrou Arc.

Last edited:

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland

I also like to note that a flaw in Irene's character is that her whole backstory is un-foreshadowed and has a major glaring plot hole which is Acnologia not counting her amongst the dragon slayers as he hunted them down, I think Hiro might even have been making up her story as he went along to the point that he just made it up on the very spot when the time came, at least have Acno indicate there's a mysterious 8th slayer who is masking their sent or something.
I agree with you on this,i too thought that Irene´s Backstory came from out of nowhere i never would have thought she would be A Dragon Slayer less being the Creator of the whole Magic itself.
The Point that made me believe she wasn´t a Dragon Slayer at first was because she literally stood face to face with Acno and even had a brief clash with him and all the while him not noticing something with her scent even though he knew about all the other Slayers even with the incredible distance between all of them.
And after i had a look at her whole backstory it didn´t make any sense to me wouldn´t Acno had at least heard about her during the war 400 years ago if she is the Creator of DS Magic?
Normally yes and i think that´s the very point that makes the backstory forced and not carefully thought through.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
But there´s another thing about Irene´s confrontation with Acno that i can´t wrap my head around think about it.
Weren´t Larcade and Bloodman sent to the exact same location as she was?Well let´s look deeper into it...Zeref himself stated that Larcade is his secret weapon that can even defeat Acnologia a statement he was very confident about as always.
Well if Larcade is capable of it then why didn´t he go with Irene and face Acno with her or go up against him by himself if he is able to do it?.
My personal opinion about this would be that Mashima originally didn´t plan for a third Dragneel less make him Zeref´s Kid or his secret weapon against Acno i mean when you have such an incredible Trump Card against the most powerful enemy there is why go out of your way to aquire Fairy Heart?
Just let Larcade take care of him while you destroy Fairy Tail and their allies.
After that Zeref could still easily fulfill his secret goal unless Fairy Heart is especially necessary for that secret goal of his,well that´s my thoughts about this.I would love to know what you guys think about it.

tentaimaho

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'll talk about the flaws of Erza's actual character, not her fights since I'm not gonna repeat the same tired conversation. Even after everything I do really still like Erza's character so don't mistake this as perpetual bashing, just criticisms.
- Her lack of compassion towards Irene, and the hypocrisy that comes with it. I swear to god this girl is the most understanding woman in the world towards Jellal, Minerva, Ultear, and every other backstory but couldn't be dam*ed to give even an ounce of sympathy to her own mother. Yes, Erza barely knew Irene but for her to totally disregard and pretend like nothing happened after her suicide rubbed me the wrong way. The only reason Irene ended up the way she did was to protect Erza and humanity. But f*ck that Makarov is still the only that matters to you in a parental way right?!?! Get out of here.
- Her constantly worshiping and being awestricken by Natsu to the point of repulsion. I don't even have to explain this, just look back at any moment those two are together and you'll see, she is even worse than Lucy or Gray with this at times. She can criticize Gray's actions all day long but not Natsu's when he's the one that has made the most mistakes recently.
- Her being forced to be an airhead who solely acts on impulse in ovas/slice of life scenes. Sound like a certain other main character? Now this is a direction I absolutely hated as time went on through the series. I am alright with her being playful and childish but Hiro takes this waaaay too far sometimes. Erza is portrayed to be an absolute dumb*ss sometimes who can' t tell right from wrong. Like in the Christmas Special, I get she was drunk but like....what was that?
- Her constantly getting tortured throughout the series just to result in a absolutely no development. What exactly is the point of doing this to your character constantly if it will do nothing for her? Her childhood one was the only that had any kind of impact on the character and audience but even then her right eye got fixed. The Kyouka one was purely fan service unfortunately and was a huge disappoint to not have any kind of impact on her later. And the recent Neinhart torture, how many times am I going to see this woman get repeatedly tortured? Her mother didn't even get spared this treatment! And personally to me, it's gross how Hiro only does this to his female characters...it says something.
- Her recentl lack of dynamic with Team Natsu. Why is she always left out when Natsu, Gray, and Lucy are together? I would love to see her develop more with Lucy since they are the main female leads but they hardly ever talk. It's a shame. She is also slowly losing any clear dynamic with Gray as well, which sucks cause they have a nice background together. :(
- Requip and it's absolute repetitiveness. I was honestly hoping Erza would get some other form of magic that would simply make her fights more interesting, not necessarily a power up. But nope, even though it was the ripe opportunity with Irene in the picture (ahem eye power). Also it sucks that her being in the womb of a dragon gave her zero side effects, that would've been interesting to see if it maybe made her durability better or something along those lines.
- Her red pants. Hiro clearly is just too lazy to draw armor so he resorts to this monstrosity. Someone set this "armor" on fire, everyone hates it and it means nothing but trouble.
I may add more later but her are some random things that annoy me about Erza recently. I am still slightly a fan of hers with shame.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
- Her constantly worshiping and being awestricken by Natsu to the point of repulsion. I don't even have to explain this, just look back at any moment those two are together and you'll see, she is even worse than Lucy or Gray with this at times. She can criticize Gray's actions all day long but not Natsu's when he's the one that has made the most mistakes recently.
No bullshit, her reaction to Natsu doing something risky:

Her reaction to Gray wanting to prevent Natsu from doing something risky:

Either Erza loves Natsu or she's just a fangirl of him lowkey. He saved her from one of the biggest mistakes she was going to make so it's fair to say she's most biased towards Natsu than anyone else in Team Natsu. The other stuff you mentioned I'm in middle, the airhead stuff is for laughs, not sure why it's a big deal to get triggered off something in an OVA or special. The torture stuff yeah true but the Tartaros stuff was meant to show how Etherious don't care about humans and think they're the lowest creatures on Earth. Erza's main flaws are simply her fights to me, when they're bad they're terrible.

tentaimaho

Reaction score
Country
United States
No bullshit, her reaction to Natsu doing something risky:

Her reaction to Gray wanting to prevent Natsu from doing something risky:

Either Erza loves Natsu or she's just a fangirl of him lowkey. The other stuff you mentioned I'm in middle, the airhead stuff is for laughs, not sure why it's a big deal to get triggered off something in an OVA or special. The torture stuff yeah true but the Tartaros stuff was meant to show how Etherious don't care about humans and think they're the lowest creatures on Earth.
Yep those scenes we're absolutely horrible, I don't blame Gray for getting in her face. I'm not so much triggered just surprised Hiro wanted to take this route with her character especially since most people came to love her because she was a serious woman. It's not just in OVA's either it's in the main story as well. As far as the Tartaros torture scene goes, yes it was to showcase the ruthlessness of Tartaros but for it to not have any impact on her character, especially considering her previous torture and enslavement as child was pretty unrealistic. But that's just me :)

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Yep those scenes we're absolutely horrible, I don't blame Gray for getting in her face. I'm not so much triggered just surprised Hiro wanted to take this route with her character especially since most people came to love her because she was a serious woman. It's not just in OVA's either it's in the main story as well. As far as the Tartaros torture scene goes, yes it was to showcase the ruthlessness of Tartaros but for it to not have any impact on her character, especially considering her previous torture and enslavement as child was pretty unrealistic. But that's just me :)
You know there´s an explanation for all this stuff sure you heard of it too,a certain Blue Exceed told us of it.

It´s because she´s Erza! :D
But now seriously Mashima didn´t give a damn about Erza´s previous developments from before the Tartaros Arc.
And yeah getting tired of the Red Pyjama Pants and Bandage Bra too.
New Magic would be nice to be honest :)

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Erza's bias towards Natsu is likely because of what he did for her and what he represents to not just her, but the guild. I mean, if you think about it, most shounen heroes usually get benefit of doubt from someone and is put faith upon strongly. Her bias makes sense here, honestly, given Natsu (like most shounen heroes) beat the main bad guy or plays a role in that, no matter how weak he is in relative to the opponent. Gray hasn't achieved that kind of impressiveness for some reason with her.

And her feeling towards Irene makes sense given Irene was nowhere to be found when she was growing up, and when they did meet she was an enemy who called Erza trash. Whereas with most others, she had good memories with them, like with Jellal and I think Kagura? I dunno, but the others showed they were a product of their environment as well. Again, look at what Jellal did for her when they were kids. Gave her friendship, support, and everything but the kitchen sink, so she's bound to feel some type of way towards him. I find it more ridiculous that she was not happy with how Irene's body was treated by Acnologia. But then again, probably a respect for opponent and all.

Anyway, one major flaw in Natsu is that he's static. He doesn't change at all, the same character since the beginning of this arc, if not almost the same. It's gotten boring now, for some reason, and I hope he changes. As much as I liked him in the first few arcs, it's just old now. At least he doesn't win a lot of his main fights by himself, so that's a plus.

Indira

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Macedonia

1.) Erza Scarlet

Fucking thank you so much. This doesn't get mentioned so much, but her biased for Natsu and Makarov is just really stupid and irrational, for her to even suggest that Gray doesn't trust Natsu, makes her look like an idiot.

I would like for her to treat Jellal as she does as the rest of the guys.

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I don't care about any character from team Natsu but Natsu and Lucy, So i will talk about them only cuz i truly want them to be better.

Natsu is my favorite male character in FT tho i dislike many things about him.

- Sometimes he think outside the box but mostly he trap himself in a circle and refuse to get out.
- I love crazy moves but he just rush in in most of his fights without any plan. Well, he got a plan first time against Zeref but now? I will be kinda disappointed if he doesn't have any plan the second time.
- He don't listen to anyone.
- He rarely change his outfit and never get a different hair style.
- He don't want to share anyone anything about himself.

Lucy is my favorite female character in FT. Obviously she is an amazing mage and character, even though there are somethings i don't like about her.

-I don't like the way she dress, Almost naked compared to other female character.
-Recently she is running after Natsu and worrying about him without giving him any reproaches. She should show him her rigorous side.

There are more but i will stop here.

Discarab

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ooh boy flaws in characters! Let's start off with that literally all of them are stereotypes.

Natsus the stupid brawler jock who deserves a loss when he finally gets one.

Gray is the emo trying to lighten up, seriously can somebody give the guy a tissue.

Erza is the no nonsense brawler woman.

Mira is the kind yet really strong and evil character.

Lucy, I got one word: TITS

Happy is happy, he gets a pass because he is god.

Acnologia is the usual op want to kill everything villain.

Zeref should have just kicked the stand and hung himself a millennia ago. God he is so angsty at times it hurts.

Wendy is the kind healer child

Gajeel is the "rebel" going against "the man", if you want that many piercings stick one in your eye already. You'd be doing us a major favor.

August is evil Gandalf

Gildarts is just stronger roshi

Everyone else in FT is a freakin perv

And let's not forget, they spew nakama so many times that it feels like they should just all do each other all ready.

Oh yeah and I nearly forgot, no real character arcs...

Well Gray maybe, he went from full out emo to
just suicidal af.

Natsu is the worst, he literally acts the exact same as he did at the beginning of the series.

And there are your flaws, peace.