Discussion - Fuji Doesn't lose to the same person twice. | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Fuji Doesn't lose to the same person twice.

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Am I the only one being bothered by this bold statement. I like Fuji. He is one of my favorite characters.

But If Fuji Play against Volk twice, he will win the second match. 🤔🤔🤔.

Does that mean Fuji has potential to be strongest?

I think konami did not check the implication of this statement.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
My understanding is that this was an empirical statement rather than an absolute one. You don't really get that information out of Fuji's own lines, but afterwards Inui specifies that Fuji hasn't lost to the same person twice so far. In reality it probably depends on how big the gap is to begin with, how much time passes in-between matches and if the opponent is still "the same person" the second time around, meaning how much they've evolved their own game.

That said, against Australia Byoudouin and Duke talked about Fuji's growth rate and concluded that he'd catch up to them eventually, so Fuji threatening Volk sooner or later doesn't seem out of the question.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
My understanding is that this was an empirical statement rather than an absolute one. You don't really get that information out of Fuji's own lines, but afterwards Inui specifies that Fuji hasn't lost to the same person twice so far. In reality it probably depends on how big the gap is to begin with, how much time passes in-between matches and if the opponent is still "the same person" the second time around, meaning how much they've evolved their own game.

That said, against Australia Byoudouin and Duke talked about Fuji's growth rate and concluded that he'd catch up to them eventually, so Fuji threatening Volk sooner or later doesn't seem out of the question.
When Niou transforms into Shiraishi. Fuji said that "Sorry but I never lose to the same person twice". Am I right?Maybe I am missing something.

Yeah. I expect Tezuka, Fuji, and Ryoma to be strongest.

Nanjiro = Tezuka zone + Fuji Close eyes + Ryomas Pop.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
When Niou transforms into Shiraishi. Fuji said that "Sorry but I never lose to the same person twice". Am I right?Maybe I am missing something.
Yeah, but later in the same chapter, Inui says "Fuji isn't the type to lose twice, don't you think? So far, he's been perfect in that." My argument is that this second statement clarifies the first one. So it doesn't mean Fuji will never ever lose twice to the same opponent, no matter the circumstances, but that it hadn't happened up to that point.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Yeah, but later in the same chapter, Inui says "Fuji isn't the type to lose twice, don't you think? So far, he's been perfect in that." My argument is that this second statement clarifies the first one. So it doesn't mean Fuji will never ever lose twice to the same opponent, no matter the circumstances, but that it hadn't happened up to that point.
Hmmm. Ok I got it. But until fuji losses twice to same person, that statement remains absolute.

Fuji will destroy shiraishi now. So I agree with you that Fuji finds a way to be better than "the person who beats him" provided that person doesnt change/improved

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Reviving this thread.

I believe Fuji can surprise us in the next chapters. He and atobe are hinted to have evolution.

Fuji may even be selected to play against Volk. Oops. That is a crazy idea.

But I expect that Fuji will win his next match.And we can imply that he surpassed Tezuka after that match. It can only been done against Volk.

BenLubre

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
_ I think he meant in his own "Degree".
- Not those who are better than him, like Tezuka and Ryoma.