Second Round - Fullmetal Alchemist vs. Dr. Stone | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Second Round Fullmetal Alchemist vs. Dr. Stone

Who wins?

• Fullmetal Alchemist

• Dr. Stone

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina

Fullmetal Alchemist
Hiromu Arakawa
Dr. Stone
Riichiro Inagaki & Boichi

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I like Dr Stone quiet a bit, so will post something small in support of it;P

Science is Elegant

Doctor Stone, is a manga that has been ongoing in WSJ over the past three years. It debuted at around the same time as the Promised Neverland. It's not really like other shonen, no. Whereas other shonen place emphasis on power systems and abilities, the crux of the Doctor Stone world lies in....Science. Yes, the basic Biology, Chemistry and Physics that most people have come across at one point or another of their lives.

In the story, humanity as we know it has been turned to stone through unknon means. Suddenly, there is a timeskip of 3 millenia (To be more accurate, 3700 years), and the main characters of the series suddenly revive.

Basically:

Finding themselves in a world without Science, Senku vows to restore humanity to its former state of prosperity. So we follow his attempts to revive civilization, plus the technology that was also omnipresent before the Stone Age.

Now, one of the most captivating aspects of Dr Stone is how diverse it is, in terms of story telling. It basically captures elements of day to day life such as clothing, language, education, and makes them exciting to explore as a reader. Case in point:

Doctor Stone is a cooking manga

Food is a basic need, everyone needs it for survival. Restoring humanity, of course means that their past delicacies and the like also have to be restored. To that effect, Senku recreates:

(i) Ramen

Which as we have seen in other media, is literally the food of the gods:

(ii) Cola

(iii) Cotton candy

(iv) Bread

And quite recently, we have had:
(v) Ice cream

So whenever Dr Stone dives into culinary related stuff, the message is:

Tatsumaki

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I'm also supporting Dr Stone ! FMA is indisputably great but it already won once so I'd rather give its chance to a young, promising and entertaining manga like Dr Stone :nod

Please support Dr Stone and give it a read if you haven't already ! :beer

Status
Not open for further replies.