Futaki Kanata vs. Momoko Kuzuryuu | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Futaki Kanata vs. Momoko Kuzuryuu

Who wins?

• Futaki Kanata

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Momoko Kuzuryuu

Votes: 14 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

VS.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Should have included a brief description of each character which will help in the selection.

Momoko Kuzuryuu (the main female character from the manga, Sumomomo Momomo: The Strongest Bride on Earth)

Momoko is a powerful martial artist whose family is associated with dragons. She is a petite and pale-skinned girl, hyperactive, optimistic, caring, loving and always determined to live up to people's expectations. Since a child, she has gone through intensive training conducted by her father in the mountain and becomes a very strong and skillful martial artist.

As a martial artist she has a strong sense of honour, always fighting fairly and making sure her opponents do the same. Momoko has a strong sense of duty for her own family and her fiance's family, and is determined to bear a strong child that will be able to master the techniques of the Kuzuryuu clan and continue the bloodline.

She is betrothed to Koushi Inuzuka (the main male character) and is infatuated to him. She is always supporting his beliefs and ideals while usually overlooking his flaws. Although she gets ignored by him most of the time, she never loses her spirit and is very determined to impress him. Despite people around advise her to leave her fiance who doesn't care much for her, she refuses to leave him but continue to stay by his side to protect and support him. She is always ever ready to sacrifice herself for him and when in time of troubles, she will always put on a smiling face to encourage and comfort him. Since her fiance has totally shown no interest in martial arts since young, which he could no longer ignore his duty as he grows older, Momoko gradually melts the young man's heart to accept her, and to love her. Through Momoko, Koushi learns the true meaning of being a martial artist, and both husband and wife later became a pair of powerful and honourable martial artists well-respected by the other clans who initially came as their enemies but were touched by their sincerity and became friends with them later on.

I nominated Momoko Kuzuryuu for her unfailing love for her betrothed husband. Which man doesn't want a loving and caring wife? Which man will be silly enough not to love a woman who can endure his faults, flaws and most of all, his constant nonsense and betrayal? Which man would ignore a woman who continues to comfort him with the best smiling face in times of troubles even when deep down inside her, she is crying, while that man of hers chooses to be nasty to her, to the extent of chasing her out of the house?

As a woman, if there is a man with such description, I would be thrilled to know him.

So what kind of wife do the guys look for? Physical appearance like beautiful face? Money? Power? Fame? Or love?

Hmmm.... I do have another candidate that fits the "ideal wife" criteria, but she has passed on in the manga. For those who are familiar with Magi series, you will know Rurumu, the wife of Hinahono. I thought it might be a little sad to nominate her and then there's the rule of "one nomination only". So I choose Momoko who also fits the role of a good wife. :^_^

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Uh oh, my nominee vs @ProGoddess's nominee :3

Futaki Kanata is a character from Little Busters! series. This series got adapted to anime from VN (visual novel), and is famous for its sadness, mellow, grief, sorrow, and friendship.

Futaki Kanata is Saigusa Haruka's twin sister, but this twin case is special. Even though they are twin and were born from same mother's uterus, the fertilizing sperms were different. Different from two different fathers.

Kanata and Haruka are different in nature, even though they are twin. Haruka is a carefree girl. She likes playing prank with her schoolmates. In contrast, Kanata is a strict girl. She is president of Disciplinary Committee. She is willing to be bitch. She is willing to be hated by all of students.

They were raised in a clan that upheld their dignity. Due to that and internal problems, there was a kind of competition to decide who is better in every aspect, like cooking, sewing, etc. Kanata was the better girl, and her being the better caused her beloved imouto "discarded", "abandoned".

In short story, there was misunderstanding between Kanata and Haruka that made them hate each other. Haruka intentionally played prank to draw Kanata's attention, in contrast Kanata will punish her however.

But, Kanata actually loves her imouto. She played bitch because her family ordered so. Her family ordered her to keep an eye on Haruka. Her family felt disgusted by Haruka's doing and her existence itself, therefore they would be pleased if Kanata kept the distance away from Haruka as much as possible. She has many scars and wounds on her skin because her family will torture her if she can't handle Haruka.

Finally on a day, Riki (Little Busters!'s male lead character) helped them and they got back to their old times, where they love each other. Happy ending ^ ^

Last edited:

Kokoro Juuden

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Storm's End
Although Kanata looks cute Momoko had unwavering love for his man, how to forget it. Thus she has my vote

kira

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
voted for Futaki for her eyes and the way she dress... and momoko just looks like a child to me. haven't watched both anime though :P

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Sounds like a heart-warming story between two sisters. Perhaps I will read and/or watch in the future - of what kind of kids they are. Family bond and tie intrigue me a lot.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Don't know any of them...
But the Loli seems to be telling me that I'd better vote her...
I wonder if the bear is the cause for that. LOL

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmmm... I don't know either of them but I guess I'll vote for Futaki Kanata.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
As a diedhard Little Busters fan this was rly easy. Futaki is by far the better option.
Love between sisters > all. :pjsalt

Philia

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Gonna go for Kanata-chan

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Ladies and gentleman, here are the results of this battle:

#1 Futaki Kanata - 19 votes (+5)
#2 Momoko Kuzuryuu - 14 votes

Dragoon

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Should have included a brief description of each character which will help in the selection.

Momoko Kuzuryuu (the main female character from the manga, Sumomomo Momomo: The Strongest Bride on Earth)
I nominated Momoko Kuzuryuu for her unfailing love for her betrothed husband. Which man doesn't want a loving and caring wife? Which man will be silly enough not to love a woman who can endure his faults, flaws and most of all, his constant nonsense and betrayal? Which man would ignore a woman who continues to comfort him with the best smiling face in times of troubles even when deep down inside her, she is crying, while that man of hers chooses to be nasty to her, to the extent of chasing her out of the house?

As a woman, if there is a man with such description, I would be thrilled to know him.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Erm... sorry to bust in on this seemingly now-dead thread but uh... this left me... intrigued shall we say.

It's not my business what type of men others are interested in, nonetheless this seemed like you like men who are womanizers/jerks lol for your sake I hope it isn't so and that your answer was just missing some context (ex: it'd be interesting to meet a man who somehow didn't like that)