Fantasy - Gajeel Redfox vs Lucy Heartfilia | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Gajeel Redfox vs Lucy Heartfilia

• Gajeel Redfox

Votes: 29 74.4%
  • Lucy Heartfilia

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters

Summer

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Fight - GmG battlefield
Restrictions - no restrictions aka going all out
Lucy got Aquarius and star dress
Intention - to kill

Who would wins? I love gajeel but Lucy......

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
As far as Alvarez arc goes, Gajeel has no feats that improve him. He did move a little fast against Ajeel's henchmen but I can't do anything with that. So he's basically Tartarus Gajeel.

Lucy at least has her stardresses, and a comment from Makarov about her improved magic. But even so has she done anything that would warrant beating Gajeel? I don't think so.

I give this to Gajeel. Idk the difficulty, I'll say medium to high??

If we're playing a guessing game as to how strong we think they are, then I say Gajeel wins, with the highest diff being medium. But if Lucy can summon CSK then...

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Urano Metroia has a long cast time so she'd probs have to beat Gajeel up a bit before using it. If she tried this right off the bat Gajeel would ge-he-he and then hit her.

Can Lucy summon CSK though? If she can Gajeel would have to pull off some wicked evasiveness (possible with ISD), otherwise he gets owned.

I also didn't factor in Dragon Force, because he doesn't have the feat of using it yet, but he will.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Gajeel can win this pretty easy once he uses his Iron Shadow Dragon Mode.

If Lucy can summon the Celestial Spirit King, then Gajeel will be one shotted by him.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Well can't see how Lucy can possibly beat Gajeel. Her only chance is if she summons the CSK, but with his IS mode, Gajeel should be able to evade and hide through shadows. Also, can't see how Lucy can take Gajeel's attacks. Also, if we assume Gajeel has DF, it's not even close. But either way, Gajeel wins

Mirage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Gajeel, almost no diff. :cookiestare

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Lucy's magical force is greater than Gajeel's - like wayyyy greater, arguably the greatest amongst FT - but she lacks combat skills & experience to fight Gajeel so she gets owned for now.

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This ain't even a contest, Gajeel destroys her........... even if she did summon CSK he has is Iron Shadow Dragon Mode, as a shadow he can't be targeted, so it's down to Gajeel and Lucy's magic power output, if Lucy can keep CSK around by maintaining enough power long enough for Gajeel to run out of magic power and come out of his shadow form then she wins because CSK can hit him, but if she can't then she loses. I very much doubt that she will be able to pull that off though.

Without CSK summoning then this is a stomp........ no two ways about it, Gajeel no diff's this.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Lucy's magical force is greater than Gajeel's - like wayyyy greater, arguably the greatest amongst FT - but she lacks combat skills & experience to fight Gajeel so she gets owned for now.
Where did you learn this from?

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think Lucy would win if she could summon the Spirit King. If not, then Gajeel pretty much dominates.

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Gajeel wins with almost no difficulty. The iron shadow dragon pretty much destroys Lucy. The only possible chance she could have would be if she summoned the Celestial Spirit King, even then, Gajeel could just evade his attacks by sticking in the shadows and also, how would she summon him? I doubt Lucy is planning on destroying another key..

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm tired of sayings this.... there's no prove that gajeel iron shadow could break Lucy barrier and I said all out... no restriction so don't need to worry Lucy losing keys or whatsoever..
Well here's the proof you said doesn't exist. Torafuzar had the strongest defense of the 9 Demon Gates, definitely not something to scoff at. And Gajeel himself ultimately was the person to break that defense. Now do you really think that Lucy's barrier is stronger than the best defense of Tartarus?

And no restriction, doesn't suddenly mean that Lucy doesn't have to destroy a key to summon the Celestial Spirit King and we need to remember that key has to be specially important to Lucy to actually summon the CSK.

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
U do realize that torufuzar is a different case and different type of defense right? Since I'm too lazy to explain here , I suggest u check back the fight between toforuzar and gajeel...

And idk why u trying to twist the words... no restriction means nothing stops both fighter from doing what they capable of... and I said that she have Aquarius m8.... that keys proven to be important for Lucy..
Sorry I didn't notice that Lucy had Aquarius back :P. But please explain to me what this different type of defense is. Both use magic, except one is exceptionally stronger than the other (Torafuzar's defense > Lucy's defense).

DraGon77

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Are you kidding me ?
Gajeel : Dragon slayer / Iron shadow dragon mode
lucy : Serin madoshi !!
gajeel will win with out any problems

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Lucy's barrier was able to defend against Jackal's attacks. We can't say that she will be able to defend against attacks more powerful than Jackal's. Keep in mind that this is base mode Jackal's explosions. To put this in comparison, base mode-Natsu was able to block Etherious form Jackal's attacks just by blocking with his arm. Gajeel should be able to defend adequately against those attacks as well.

Here's another thing to consider. Torafusa is a greater water user than Aquarius was. Lucy's water shield is from Aquarius's power. Aquarius was able to push back Jackal for a while. However, Aquarius wasn't able to stop Jackal from gaining ground nor was she able to stop Jackal from casting some explosions. Tempesta was able to flood out the entire area in which the fight took place. If Torafusa was fighting Jackal, Jackal would be underwater entirely. Like Natsu, the explosions wouldn't even have been an option for him. Jackal would have likely just drowned. Now consider the fact that Gajeel was able to travel through Torafusa's black water in shadow form. I'm not seeing an obvious reason why he couldn't just use shadow to swim through Lucy's shield and attack her from there. And yes, Gajeel's ISD is stronger than Jackal's explosions.

Coné

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
That is a good explanation but there's still no prove how strong Lucy barrier is even though gajeel might could swim through it .

Anyways still can't see gajeel winning this fight with Lucy .
He need a real strong power up... I was quite disappointed when he show up in the avatar arc becoz I think people might feel an enormous magic power from him Lol but he just seems like the normal one year ago gajeel... disspointed that he work with the council...
Tartaros Gajeel still stomps Current Lucy unless CSK is there before the start of the fight :cookiestare

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I don't understand why some people think that Lucy's defense is higher than Torafuza's defense. In my opinion Torafuza's defense >>>>> Lucy's defense.

It's true that Lucy could block Jackal's explosions by using a barrier. But that doesn't say Torafuza can't.

Torafuza probably wouldn't have any problem to block Jackal's explosions. Once Torafuza is in his crystal form, Jackal won't do him any damage. If Lucy can stop his explosions, than Torafuza can. Torafuza is known as the demon from Tartaros with the highest defense. How could Lucy, who isn't known for her 'high defense', be stronger than Torafuza.

Gajeel wouldn't have any problem to break through Lucy's defense.

Last edited:

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well here's the proof you said doesn't exist. Torafuzar had the strongest defense of the 9 Demon Gates, definitely not something to scoff at. And Gajeel himself ultimately was the person to break that defense. Now do you really think that Lucy's barrier is stronger than the best defense of Tartarus?
He only managed to do that because he absorbed the carbon Torafuzar's Black Sea (or whatever) and combined it with his iron and changed himself into Steel.

Basically a temporary power up. Wait was it temporary?

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
He only managed to do that because he absorbed the carbon Torafuzar's Black Sea (or whatever) and combined it with his iron and changed himself into Steel.

Basically a temporary power up. Wait was it temporary?
He hasn't shown to use it again so we can assume it's temporary.

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
He hasn't shown to use it again so we can assume it's temporary.
Then saying he managed to break through Torafuzar's defense shouldn't be counted because it's the only reason why he was able to do that plus given the fact it's not permanent. He'll need his Black Sea to have it again

Reactions: Jko

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Gajeel low diff. A dragon slayer is simply too much for my Day 1