Anime - Game of Future: Hyoutei vs Rikkai | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Game of Future: Hyoutei vs Rikkai

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
A new original anime series has been announced:

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Awesome my 2 favorite schools, Atobe vs Yukimura would be a welcome addition.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
And here's the announcement from the Tenipuri twitter:

Apparently the series will be titled "Game of Future". As mentioned earlier, it's an original story supervised by Konomi.

Friss

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was wondering what that image was about. This will be interesting. Curious if it will fit in with SPoT or just be non cannon.

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Obviously Rikkai will win.

Yuki is too much for atobe
Sanada is too much for oshitari
Renji is too much for jiro
Nio/Yagyu is too much for scud serve player/partner.
Marui/jackal is the weak linK for rikkai.

And I even forgot kirihara

Unless ofcourse Konami favor the lineup to hyotei to be competitive

senpai kun

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Obviously Rikkai will win.

Yuki is too much for atobe
Sanada is too much for oshitari
Renji is too much for jiro
Nio/Yagyu is too much for scud serve player/partner.
Marui/jackal is the weak linK for rikkai.

And I even forgot kirihara

Unless ofcourse Konami favor the lineup to hyotei to be competitive
exactly what i though, just gonna be a series where rikkai gets obliterated lol
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

it's premature to wonder but do you think this'll get a fansub? best games didnt.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
No way this match up won't be anything less than a close match up.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
it's premature to wonder but do you think this'll get a fansub? best games didnt.
Well, chances are that it will get one eventually. Same with Best Games, there will be one at some point.

No way this match up won't be anything less than a close match up.
I agree that it will be close, but I also agree that it usually shouldn't be close.

There's a bit of a question of when the match will take place, but Rikkai beat Hyoutei 3-0 in the Kanto finals last year, they made it much farther in both Kanto and the nationals this year and if we're looking at the U-17 reps, we have six from Rikkai and two from Hyoutei. It'd potentially be a different matter if this was next year's school tournament and we only had Kirihara and Tamagawa for Rikkai and Hiyoshi, Kabaji and Ootori for Hyoutei, but it's just difficult to imagine how Hyoutei's not outclassed with the current members.

It'd also be a different matter if Rikkai used a straight-forward line-up and Hyoutei's was very strategic and aimed for a quick kill, but then you wouldn't have Atobe vs Yukimura as climax in S1.

All that being said, even if Hyoutei only makes this match competitive one in ten times, this could be that one time.

Last edited:

klaus09

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I agree with the comments, a match between rikkai and hyotei, the rikkai will obviously win, since in a fair lineup, unfortunately I can only hope that shishido and otori win their match, the rest nothing ... However, it can also happens that this anime is designed to give the hyotei a decent opportunity and that would be with an unfair alignment by the creators where games are accommodated in which rikkai players dont have a clear advantage, that means that we will never see Atobe vs Yukimura...

Friss

Reaction score
Country
United States
Since this will be a TV anime makes me wonder if Crunchyroll will have it like the SPoT OVAs to speed along the subbing. Though being a TV might also help with fansubbing.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Since this will be a TV anime makes me wonder if Crunchyroll will have it like the SPoT OVAs to speed along the subbing. Though being a TV might also help with fansubbing.
With this being a regular airing, I also wonder if they're treating it as a sort of test run to decide whether to do NPoT S3 as a TV series or as OVAs. Both this and Best Games pretty clearly pander to popularity, so comparing the turnout in both cases might be a consideration.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Gotta say these past 2 months has been good to me in regards to PoT. Got 2 match ups I've been wanting since the original series.

Kanon55

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
To echo everyone not sure how to make this work in a way Hyotei actually pushes Rikkai hard enough to reach S1, especially if it is pre-shinpuri.

As for format, though I dont like it, OVA like Best Games is likely most easy and profitable.

With this being a regular airing, I also wonder if they're treating it as a sort of test run to decide whether to do NPoT S3 as a TV series or as OVAs. Both this and Best Games pretty clearly pander to popularity, so comparing the turnout in both cases might be a consideration.
I think in tenipuri case low numbers on npot are less deciding factor than usual because it always catered to older fans, moreso this work with fan favorites.

Now we just need prince of tennis remake news lol

André Vinícius

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So does someone think this is going to have all 8 players taking part since Rikkai and Hyotei have "8 regulars" ? Something like Sanada and Kabaji overusing rai so both can't continue, then we can have an extra match after S1. And this extra match could be one of this two: Hiyoshi VS Kirihara (the next captains for both teams), or maybe the extra match could be Atobe VS Yukimura (simple because this is what people really want to see)

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
If it's before NPOT, chances are we could see Yuki vs. Atobe, but I doubt it. Yukimura's too much for Atobe so it'd be wise if they didn't play at all, altough it's the match that everybody wants to see the most.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
This is how Hyotei can win.

D2: Renji/Niouu vs Doesnt Matter
D1: Yukimura/Sanada Vs Doesnt matter
S3: Jackal Vs Oshitari
S2: Marui Vs Jiro
S1: Yagyuu vs Atobe

Reserve Kirihara Vs Hiyoshi

Obviously D2, D1 will be won by rikkai.
S3 S1 will be won by hyotei.

The decision match will be s2 between friends marui and jiro. Maybe they can draw. So Kirihara vs Hiyoshi can win.

Illogical lineup by rikkai. Yes. But just to make things exciting.

Ps: If it is between Hyotei and Shintenhoji, it will be more of a balance match even we do not select special scenario.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
This is how Hyotei can win.

D2: Renji/Niouu vs Doesnt Matter
D1: Yukimura/Sanada Vs Doesnt matter
S3: Jackal Vs Oshitari
S2: Marui Vs Jiro
S1: Yagyuu vs Atobe

Reserve Kirihara Vs Hiyoshi

Obviously D2, D1 will be won by rikkai.
S3 S1 will be won by hyotei.

The decision match will be s2 between friends marui and jiro. Maybe they can draw. So Kirihara vs Hiyoshi can win.

Illogical lineup by rikkai. Yes. But just to make things exciting.

Ps: If it is between Hyotei and Shintenhoji, it will be more of a balance match even we do not select special scenario.
Realistically speaking, this could happen:

S3: Sanada vs Kabaji
D2: Renji/Akaya vs Gakuto/Yuushi
S2: Niou vs Atobe
D1: Marui/Jackal vs Shishido/Ootori
S1: Yukimura vs Jirou

We have seen both line ups before (except that Hyotei moves everyone down one spot to avoid Yukimura). Jirou is one of the closest players to TnK so might as well gamble with that.

Of course, it won't happen as apparently they are pushing Atobe vs Yukimura, but still.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Realistically speaking, this could happen:

S3: Sanada vs Kabaji
D2: Renji/Akaya vs Gakuto/Yuushi
S2: Niou vs Atobe
D1: Marui/Jackal vs Shishido/Ootori
S1: Yukimura vs Jirou

We have seen both line ups before (except that Hyotei moves everyone down one spot to avoid Yukimura). Jirou is one of the closest players to TnK so might as well gamble with that.

Of course, it won't happen as apparently they are pushing Atobe vs Yukimura, but still.
I saw some predictions that maybe yuki will be unavailable due illness, and Niou will use his illusion to be Yukimura. Makes sense so yagyuu and kirihara can play. Being Yuki unavailable gives a slight chance for Hyotei

The problem of Hyotei is after atobe, there are no clear no. 2.

Jiro/oshitari/KaBaji is not even on Renji's level. They may only be in Yagyuus level. And we know Yagyuu is one of the weakest in rikkai.

Using fair matchup, Rikkai wins this 3-0. Except if a rikkai player will forfeit just like what allan did for usa vs swiss.

Friss

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think it matters if Rikkai wins 3-0 we are still probably getting every match as this is likely a "friendly" training match and not any tournament. Even then Nationals the first round was all 5 matches etc.

I believe its worth focusing on the individual matches and not the overall outcome.