1. Want to try an epicly kawaii RPG? Check this out!
  2. It's time for the Autumn Art contest! Submissions for Autumn Video Contest has begun. Create a video that fills our hearts with this year's fall.

The winner of the Chibi Avatar and Signature contest is Organizized! Congratulations!
  3. The Manga League is finally here!
  4. The new season of the Anime League is here!
  5. Join Shiki's quest through space to find new Nakama!
  6. [​IMG]
  7. The MangaHelpers Manga Wars 2018 have begun. Nominate your favorite Manga now!
  8. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!

Shounen GE - Good Ending - by SASUGA Kei

Discussion in 'Manga # - H' started by Koen, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Koen

Koen Celestial Belgian

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Belgium
    [​IMG]

GE - Good Ending by SASUGA Kei
    Use this link to search for raws, translations and scanlations easily!
    Series begins in Weekly Shounen Magazine 2009 #38 (release date 12 august 2009 )

About the series:
    Second year Utsumi has fallen in love with the captain of the tennis club and quietly watches her everyday. However, all of that changes when he gets caught by a member of the tennis club, Yuki Harukawa, who gets him to join the club and wants him to confess his love for her. Why is Yuki helping him out and how will Utsumi muster his courage to make a confession to the captain when he's so afraid of getting hurt?

About the Author:
    N/A

2. Drmke

Drmke MH Senpai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Palestine
    Been reading it and so far its a pretty good series. Very enjoyable. But what I'm wondering about is the direction this series will take.

More than likely, I'm seeing it staying a more romance/comedy type series, but what I would really like to see is Utsumi being forced to become really good at tennis to get the captain to fall in love with him. Instead of just practicing, he gets thrown into matches and has to get good to keep the team for losing and destroying the captain's dream to get to nationals or wherever.

Doubt that's what will happen, but it would make the series a lot better imo.

3. Koen

Koen Celestial Belgian

Belgium
    Same over here but I am more curious about Yuki Harukawa. Why does shelp out Utsumi whom she didn't know at all. Don't you find her a bit odd. I wonder what her reasons are. There's just more than what we know now, don't you think so.

Anyway, it's an enjoyable manga and I also look forward to the pace etc

4. Drmke

Drmke MH Senpai

Palestine
    The most obvious reason is that she likes him and she wants him to be happy/fall in love her during this process or whatever (prefer if this wasn't the reason). But maybe Utsumi reminds her of someone from her past and thats why she wants to help him. She clearly has some kind of hidden past where more than likely something bad happened to her whether it was losing someone she loved (like a boyfriend) or had a close relative die.

Hopefully the next chapter gives us more of an idea as to what her past was like.

5. Rejuvenation

Rejuvenation Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States
    I like the series so far. I'd actually prefer if it doesn't become too sports-focused actually. I think the romance/comedy aspect it has going on is just fine.

6. arsene.lupin

arsene.lupin Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Indonesia
    i doubt it become sports-focused. just like Suzuka, sports just additional thing :D

7. dark mage

dark mage Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Bangladesh
    I would like to know more about Yuki's past and her reasons for helping out Utsumi and would love it if Yuki eventually falls in love with Utsumi and hopefully with time, Utsumi would start falling for Yuki too.

8. ZoddGuts

ZoddGuts Registered User

United States
    Re: [NEWCOMER] GE - Good Ending - by SASUGA Kei

Looks like there's a big revelation about Yuki's past in ch 11.

9. Bolt

Bolt Registered User

Argentina
    yeah, there a big revelation on chap 11... but chap 13: :blink

Anyone thinks the pace of the manga is fast?

maybe it will be a short series?

Wth do u think...

10. airsora23

airsora23 Registered User

United States
    im looking for a site where i could read it raw.
    does anyone know?

11. maxikki

maxikki Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United States
    i feel bad for the guy, i dont know japanese but just by looking at the pics i can see what happened. cant wait for the chapter to be translated.

sorry but i couldnt find them anywhere, only the current chapter which is 13. cant wait to see the next chap. mangahelpers doesnt allow us to update GE chapters, wonder why. does anyone knows why??

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  12. Akiyama

Akiyama Registered User

United States
    GE cannot be uploaded to MH because it's published by Kodansha in Japan. Kodansha is not allowed on the site anymore.

Best advice to read this series is go directly to the scanlators site.

13. n1nthcloud

n1nthcloud Registered User

United States
    From the looks of chapter 13...:(:blink. Anyways, As my japanese is not so great and I was wondering if someone can help me clear up chapters 10-13. I am so confused right now...

My understanding is that...
    In chapter 10-11 Utsuki resolves the closet incident and I guess that there is something about Yuki being ridiculed or embarrassed about her past. Then in 12-13 we see that Utsuki's Senpai starts to develop feeling for him; however that moment is short lived as her old love interest gets back into her life and confesses his love to her. So in the end we see that she ended up dumping Utsuki. What I am confused about is where or not that confession happened before or after there date?

I would really appreciate it if anyone could help.

Rainrir likes this.
  14. Bolt

Bolt Registered User

Argentina
    n1nthcloud, i tried to answer u

Well, utsumi was buying a tennis racket, when he founds shou sempai. he didnt confess, he said he was expecting the date, but if something happened it was ok... and shou says she is dating her sempai and she is very sorry... IMO utsumi is growing as a character, he took the punch as a man... but finally when shou wasnt around he cryed...there was no date with utsumi... shou'sempais said his gilfriend cheated on him... so he moved his love to shou... but dunno... he seems fishy

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  15. Pirulito

Pirulito Registered User

Brazil
    Guys, this manga is fucking good!
    The best shonen romance manga I've ever read in years

16. LordHakera

LordHakera Registered User

Canada
    I must say, I read a couple of chapters and I enjoyed it so far. The story is actually pretty good and I can't wait to see how it turns out. Unfortunately, I have the feeling I'll turn into a nervous wreck (again) if I have to wait for each chapter, so seems like I'll have to wait for 2-3 years, until there are 100 or so chapters more >D

I'm not sure if this should be a spoiler, but just to be on the safe side:
    Did you guys read about the abuse from some otakus regarding one of the characters' "impurity" or something like that? I read that Sasuga Kei posted she was "hear-broken" and shut down her blog, because of some really hateful comments :S I just hope it she doesn't give up, because of this T_T I was wondering, if I want to send a support letter to her, how should I do it? Do I send it to the editorial department or something? XD

17. Koen

Koen Celestial Belgian

Belgium
    Man, Utsumi may not screw up this opportunity. Shou has definitely fallen in love with Utsumi because he was there for her during very difficult times. He can't ignore his feelings but I am afraid he'll do it again. He has to take the opportunity he has right now

Shou x Utsumi FTW

18. BBB Banana

BBB Banana Fruits Punch Samurai

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

Fun Forum
    I wonder why I never posted here before?

Well I hope Yuki stops acting like this and goes after Utsumi or else it might be too late. I don't want shou to be with him after all he did to him.

19. Koen

Koen Celestial Belgian

Belgium
    Ah come on, that hurst a man for sure but it wasn't the intention to stab in his heart. She was just naive and every memory about the guy brings her in a depressive mood. She know that she was wrong but it's indeed going to play in Utsumi's mind

20. BBB Banana

BBB Banana Fruits Punch Samurai

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

Fun Forum
    Well I guess I just like Yuki better so it makes sense I don't like shou that much.

I mean I like shou but I like Yuki better. The only character I dislike is Risa.

It would be interesting if both Utsumi (maybe shou) and Yuki went out with someone else and after a while realised that they really loved each other.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.