Long Running Gegege no Kitarou (2018)

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Country
Italy
I love Mana-chan's character design; her hair style makes her somewhat cuter. :blush
Anyway, not bad, looking forward to watching the next episode already. :verily
It may be an interesting series after all.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Country
India
Togashi said that the reason he did Yu Yu Hakusho and Yokai was because of one of his favorite manga, Gegege no Kitaro.

So you can imagine how influential it was.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Country
Italy
Togashi said that the reason he did Yu Yu Hakusho and Yokai was because of one of his favorite manga, Gegege no Kitaro.

So you can imagine how influential it was.
Well, now I know for sure where he took the Spirit gun from. :kappa

Arjuna

Country
India
Great episode once again.I will not deny this is becoming one of my favourite shows.

New Girl Catchick is so beautiful :sky2

I sense there will be some rivalry between her and Mana regarding Kitarou and also friendship and unity like we saw this episode.

Some villain working behind the scenes,let's see how it works.

And oh the Ratman :coffeeshock.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Another good episode. Man the show gets better.It's all thanks to @Erinyes

Lot of interesting Yokai.Neko Musame and Mana both are hot.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Country
United States
I'm having fun with this show too. The nostalgia factor for this stuff is higher than I expected it to be.

Also I assume I'm not alone in singing "Ge.. Ge... Ge Ge no GEEEEEEAAAA!" at random times all week long. Can't really remember the rest of the song but I don't feel like I need it.:amuse

Erinyes

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
The Wall
this show is so so underated sadly :s, I like it a lot (hope quality will keep up) Nice op & ed, i like the slight horror/grotesque sides and the lot of Japanese yokai legend references with the modern setting they did well in introducing stuff like smartphones and stuff (while the manga is a 70's).
Voice acting is flawless they did choose a lot of veterans actors like Sawashiro Miyuki (Celty from Drrr, or Kurapika hxh11 actually her voice in GGG reminds me a lot her acting in HxH) Tanaka Mayami (Luffy Op) Yamaguchi Kappei (L from DN, or Usop Op) and so many others. Im a lot interested in those kind of old manga/stories and the author impressive background. Really this show deserves more love and people still spitting on it because of DBsuper, i really dont get it, i feel so bad. In Japna it performs well , its in top 10 animation ranking :
ann said:
Sazae-san Fuji TV April 8 (Sun) 18:30 30 min. 12.0
Doraemon Crayon Shin-chan Anime Matsuri Doraemon TV Asahi April 6 (Fri) 19:00 min. 9.1
Detective Conan NTV April 7 (Sat) 18:00 30 min. 8.9
Chibi Maruko-chan Fuji TV April 8 (Sun) 18:00 30 min. 7.4
One Piece Fuji TV April 8 (Sun) 9:30 30 min. 5.9
GeGeGe no Kitarō Fuji TV April 8 (Sun) 09:00 30 min. 5.1
My Hero Academia NTV April 7 (Sat) 17:30 30 min. 4.9
Pokémon Sun & Moon TV Tokyo April 5 (Thurs) 18:55 30 min. 4.1
Hugtto! Precure TV Asahi April 8 (Sun) 08:30 30 min. 3.4
Snack World TV Tokyo April 5 (Thurs) 19:25

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-04-12/japan-animation-tv-ranking-april-2-8/.130296
Anyway loved this 3rd episode too. Ann rated it A so far and did a nice review on its 1 to 3 episodes https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/gegege-no-kitaro/episodes-1-3/.130406

really hope quality won't drop

Arjuna

Country
India
Another good episode.

Too bad this show is really underrated.

This boy in this episode is really cute
The episode this week got darker.

This is the first time we saw people dying in this series i believe.

Arjuna

Country
India
Haunting episode. So sad theme.

I hope we get to see Sunekosiri again.
Finally the Ghost train episode. I heard that this was one of the most iconic in the whole series.

And it was greatly done.I can see many stories later were influenced by this.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Wow this week's episode was full of hilarious situations.

@Erinyes did you see it?

Erinyes

Intl Translator
Country
The Wall
Haunting episode. So sad theme.

I hope we get to see Sunekosiri again.
Finally the Ghost train episode. I heard that this was one of the most iconic in the whole series.

And it was greatly done.I can see many stories later were influenced by this.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Wow this week's episode was full of hilarious situations.

@Erinyes did you see it?
Not yet but will definitely watch it tonight

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
Tunisia
Guys now that I'm in a vacation, I'm catching up, didn't forget about it as it looks cool and interesting. :XD

Arjuna

Country
India
This week's episode was funny.It also shows how dangerous stalking can be.Great one :verily.
What a great episode this is.

Probably the best episode till now.The war was neatly done.The monster is really great.The Yokai took over Japan.

Next episode we have to have conclusion to this.Hopefully it will be as great as this.

Erinyes

Intl Translator
Country
The Wall
@Arjuna did you see that :zomg im glad usually they can be very salty and but here they re praising it a lot definitely deserve more attention ♥https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/this-week-in-anime/2018-06-14/.132845

see they pointed this about that scene cant agree more^^
Kitaro may be a show for kids, but its gloves are off more often than not. And I have a lot of respect for a story that respects its audience. It doesn't sugarcoat the severity of really harmful stuff like bullying, and Kitaro hammers this point home by telling a girl at the end of the that episode that if she keeps bullying her classmate, she'll suffer the same fate as the abusive boss did.

"It's certainly something when an anime for children has a more no-nonsense stance on stalking and handling rejection than most media (anime or otherwise) for grown-ass adults"

also :
You can't underestimate kids anime! Lots of talented animators and directors got their start working on kids shows, from Kunihiko Ikuhara to Rie Matsumoto. Also, regardless of the intended audience, the story about Shiro was one of the saddest episodes of this entire anime season.

For real, the last thing I expected from the spoopy ghost-fighting show was an emotionally devastating story about broken families and the desperation of loneliness to just show up and kick my teeth in.

And

Yeah, not every story is a slam dunk, but when it's good it's good. And overall, it maintains a really nice aesthetic with some occasionally cool storyboarding. There's a lot of talent working on this one, and it shows.

Arjuna

Country
India
Wow another great episode. The fight scenes were neatly drafted.

What is great is the explosions created by the monster reminded me of Togashi's Yu Yu Hakusho.

So it seems Mana is being used by someone to use her as a vessel. Pretty sure Kitarou and others will save her

Arjuna

Country
India
Really great episode. It once again showed how human greed can be.In addition it showed humans can be even more evil than evil Yokai's.

What i liked is the bond between Kitaro and the Ratman along with the scene where Kitaro saved Neko Musame.

Erinyes

Intl Translator
Country
The Wall
This episode was so awesome :zomg, Zumbera yokai's spritplasty reminds me of Aya tsuji's Cindrella's stand (Jojo, Diamond is unbrekable)

i see now from what this stand was inspired :). well a great episode about appeaance obsession, and social pressure about beauty standarts.

also this new ending is great !

Arjuna

Country
India
This episode was so awesome :zomg, Zumbera yokai's spritplasty reminds me of Aya tsuji's Cindrella's stand (Jojo, Diamond is unbrekable)

i see now from what this stand was inspired :). well a great episode about appeaance obsession, and social pressure about beauty standarts.

also this new ending is great !

Not only this stand but also in Inuyasha one of Naraku's incarnation (Onigumo/Muso) didn't have a face at first.

Also i didn't understand the ending completely. Did that girl again got spiritplast or her face really got beautiful.

Good episode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)