Hangout General Anime and Drama Discussion Hangout

Kiki

Stargazer
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Country
Thailand
Im so disppointed kiki-kun, im not even in your god's list :arf

Are you looking specifically for this season animes or it doesnt matter ? if not, Im still going to give you 3 amazing recs (all short animes <12 episodes each) :

1-Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

2-Barakamon

3-Haibane renmei

edit oh my bad its this season animes your looking for and only one, forget about my post then sorry i misread.
No mention of me :errr

You can see Kaguya Sama love is war,pure comedy

Tate no yuusha

Dororo
Sorry :pout actually I even wanted only 3 but decided to be more lenient in the end. More than that it's too much I think :pout

@Erinyes I watched TM 8.0 and Barakamon :teehee the latter was hilarious as hell :rofl
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Just watched Doukyonin and Gotoubun. What impressive first episodes :zomg

Doukyonin reminds me of Barakamon. And it has cats so :blush you guys should watch it @Battou @MarmaladeSky @revo

Gotoubun reminds me of Yamada-kun. Harem yet not boring :)

Wowzers

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
Canada
Hello otaku elders/masters/gods in MH universe @Wowzers @Sky @Nii @Jammin @Demonspeed
I think from now on til next season, next season and next season I kinda want to ask for anime recs from you. I kinda want one person one rec for me to watch, and it must be different to each other. Genre I am looking for is comedy I guess :?bunny doesnt have to be 100% comedy, but I am okay with more than 50% (heavy comedy). I need laughter to produce more anti cancer in my body

Thank you :wtf
Wow! I only got to this late so this season has been picked over pretty well... Heavy on comedy is kind of slim this season... I would have picked
Mob Psycho 100 II
Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue
Go-toubun no Hanayome
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen

But these have already been picked, so I guess the next best would be

Endro~!
The demon lord is cute and the show is amusing but...

For true cancer-killing humor... go to a previous season!
Even if you've seen it before, watch Konosuba!
There's even 2 seasons of it available!

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Country
United States
Hello otaku elders/masters/gods in MH universe @Wowzers @Sky @Nii @Jammin @Demonspeed
I think from now on til next season, next season and next season I kinda want to ask for anime recs from you. I kinda want one person one rec for me to watch, and it must be different to each other. Genre I am looking for is comedy I guess :?bunny doesnt have to be 100% comedy, but I am okay with more than 50% (heavy comedy). I need laughter to produce more anti cancer in my body

Thank you :wtf
I mostly agree with what everybody else said.

If your only going to watch one show right now. I'd make it Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken but that's from last season and continuing through this one. Like Wowzers said though, if you've never seen Konosuba I'd recommend that before anything else.

If you've watched or already are watching those shows and still looking for comedy leaning shows. I'd say it's down to Kaguya or Gotoubun no Hanayome. Shield Hero seems really good but it's not comedy enough.

Of those two I think Kaguya is the safest bet for you to enjoy. It's a romantic comedy with a school setting and a fun twist.

Gotoubun no Hanayome is great too but seems like a romcom with more ecchi leanings. Which is ideal for degenerates like Sky, Wowzers, and myself. If your like us, this might be for you too.

Last edited:

Erinyes

Intl Translator
Country
The Wall
Sorry :pout actually I even wanted only 3 but decided to be more lenient in the end. More than that it's too much I think :pout

@Erinyes I watched TM 8.0 and Barakamon :teehee the latter was hilarious as hell :rofl

Just watched Doukyonin and Gotoubun. What impressive first episodes :zomg

Doukyonin reminds me of Barakamon. And it has cats so :blush you guys should watch it @Battou @MarmaladeSky @revo

Gotoubun reminds me of Yamada-kun. Harem yet not boring :)
Oh you watched both TM8.0 & Barakamon, :zomgTM was a wondeful but really sad anime, so is Haibane. But Barakamon one of the most funny i ve watched, its really pure gold. Yeah Doukyonin is awesome so far and has some Barakamon vibes, just wtached episode 2 this really makes me smile, love it a lot :zomg, im glad you re enjoying it :nod:bkitty

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Country
Canada
Just thought I'd mention another series that just started... Manaria Friends.
It probably would ring more bells though if it was called Rage of Bahamut: Manaria Friends.
Crunchyroll names it Mysteria Friends.

The series takes place in the same world as Rage of Bahamut at a Magic Academy. It seems to be a 'school life' type anime. The two main girls are really cute and the story seems good... but it's short. About half the length of a regular episode. There seem to be an additional segment at the end that makes it a few of minutes longer so the total length adds up to about 15min per episode... so... tolerable, but I think I want more.

In fact, I think I like it better than that disappointing Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul.
It's too short though, so I don't feel its likely to garner interest.

I had a bit of a laugh at the final end-card...

They are not actually in it... at least I don't think so. :XD

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
Just thought I'd mention another series that just started... Manaria Friends.
It probably would ring more bells though if it was called Rage of Bahamut: Manaria Friends.
Crunchyroll names it Mysteria Friends.

The series takes place in the same world as Rage of Bahamut at a Magic Academy. It seems to be a 'school life' type anime. The two main girls are really cute and the story seems good... but it's short. About half the length of a regular episode. There seem to be an additional segment at the end that makes it a few of minutes longer so the total length adds up to about 15min per episode... so... tolerable, but I think I want more.

In fact, I think I like it better than that disappointing Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul.
It's too short though, so I don't feel its likely to garner interest.

I had a bit of a laugh at the final end-card...

They are not actually in it... at least I don't think so. :XD
I was planning to watch it yesterday but I lacked time. Will watch today probably. As disappointing as VS was, I can't just ignore a Bahamut title like this. Plus it was announced earlier.

Sky

Master of Masters
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Country
Germany
Cloverworks is a trash studio.

None of their works are good.

Darling in the Franxx is a subpar show.

Ruining TPN like Pierrot did to TG.

Using low quality animation in FT.
Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai was amazing in every way. TPN looks really good, animation-wise, as well.

Franxx was mostly done by Trigger and A1.

TPN is far from ruined. Comparing what we have with 3 episodes to the utter disgrace that was TGRe is not justified.

It isn't low quality. It just isn't animated at all. That is what's so sad.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Country
India
Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai was amazing in every way. TPN looks really good, animation-wise, as well.

Franxx was mostly done by Trigger and A1.

TPN is far from ruined. Comparing what we have with 3 episodes to the utter disgrace that was TGRe is not justified.

It isn't low quality. It just isn't animated at all. That is what's so sad.
Well i didn't know about Bunny Girl okay point taken

The studio already released character designs of two characters who appear in chapter 50 wise which means they may reach that point in just 12 episodes.

They would have to go at the rate of 5 chapters in a single episode like they did in this episode like TG RE.Hope i am wrong.

Sky

Master of Masters
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Country
Germany
You are comparing 50 chapters in 12 episodes (~4 per episode) to 181 in 24 (~7,5 per episode).

Arjuna

Country
India
You are comparing 50 chapters in 12 episodes (~4 per episode) to 181 in 24 (~7,5 per episode).
Even Re had 5 chapters per episode in 1/2 episode i was pointing at that portion.TPN's first arc is dialogue heavy so 4-5 chapters per episode is a bad thing.

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
Tunisia
Tate no Yuusha at #1 :swoon

I'm surprised to see domestic girlfriend being above Mob Psycho

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Country
Canada
You’ll also notice that there isn’t a single series from last season on the list. It’s all from this season.

Arjuna

Country
India
You’ll also notice that there isn’t a single series from last season on the list. It’s all from this season.
Because this list is for only this season anime

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Country
Canada
Because this list is for only this season anime
SAO started last season and is playing this season but It’s not on this list at all. While it’s not one of my favourites, its arguably better than some of the shows on that list.

This season has a lot of good shows.... but maybe not a lot of powerhouses.

Also Slime is like SAO, it started last season and continues this season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)