Hangout General Anime and Drama Discussion Hangout

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Country
India
This is interesting
Basically for those who don't want to watch it fully, JP think our taste is trash in putting bunny girl at the top with jojo and not putting SSSS Gridman in the top 3
Like we care for Japanese opinion,we will take their opinion when they won't overrate SAO

But anyway

Nii

Black Grail
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Country
Germany
This is interesting
Basically for those who don't want to watch it fully, JP think our taste is trash in putting bunny girl at the top with jojo and not putting SSSS Gridman in the top 3
I would honestly be very careful with such general statements. I know this guy, and while his vids are okay, they often strike me as superficial. Not much research has went into this, all he got is one site where one article about MAL is trending and then one more with a list of shows "You think you will continue watching".

The first site is just one of many many sites Japanese use to discuss anime/manga related stuff. It's like such a topic trending here on Mangahelpers, and then people saying it proves the West thinks the Japanese have trash taste. Now I have to admit I didn't look much into the first site, but a few hundred or even a few thousand comments amount to almost none of the Japanese "otaku", much less the people who watch anime in Japan. The number's honestly so small, it's basically irrelevant.

The second site even asks an ENTIRELY different question, it's by no means a rating, it only shows what people will continue watching. Index being first tells you nothing. Just take me for example, I won't drop Index either, but I also think that the current season is rather bad (so far). Add to that the amount of people participating (10k) and you have a list that's very very far from being a good indicator what the Japanese rate highly this season. Even MAL is far from covering the whole western "I watch anime" group, but over there a show like Bunny Girl has more than 30k people rating the show (which is three times as much as the poll in his vid, but still a relatively low number).

To put it bluntly, his little observation proves absolutely nothing about what's popular or trending in Japan. I don't blame this guy, he needs to make money with his videos, but it's just wrong to say the Japanese think our taste is trash.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
Canada
Another thing to keep in mind is tastes vary from person to person. I rarely agree 100% with even our lists... and my votes even count here. They almost certainly won't agree with a site where I can’t read the posts and there is a certain distance in cultural upbringing. One of the main reasons I watch anime to begin with is its differing culture from my own. I enjoy that.
Embrace our differences, the world would be a boring place if we were all the same.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
I feel like I should have watched Gridman.

Let's try something simple to gauge the test of MH members.

Shirogane is the Best Girl of this season. Yes or no? :errr

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Country
Canada
Yeah, Gridman is a good choice and it’s about to take off like Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan took off... at least we’re hoping it does. There are a couple of good looking girls in that show too... one of which just became very important to the plot.
My best girl so far is Sakurajima Mai, our bunny girl. Shirogane is an excellent option for best girl too. I fear though, that the best girl is yet to come. There are three girls about to be introduced in Slime that will likely split the voting for the rest of the season.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Country
United States
I feel like I should have watched Gridman.

Let's try something simple to gauge the test of MH members.

Shirogane is the Best Girl of this season. Yes or no? :errr
That question is unfair because my Best Girl slot is reserved for somebody yet to be introduced in Slime. But, for now, yes Shirogane is best girl.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Soon though... Shion4ever.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Also a prediction. @Sky's best girl is also from Slime even though he doesn't know it yet because she also has yet to appear. Her name Milim.

Sky

Master of Masters
Global Moderator
Country
Germany
That question is unfair because my Best Girl slot is reserved for somebody yet to be introduced in Slime. But, for now, yes Shirogane is best girl.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Soon though... Shion4ever.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Also a prediction. @Sky's best girl is also from Slime even though he doesn't know it yet because she also has yet to appear. Her name Milim.
Way ahead of you.

For now I am still going with Akanes feet.

Sky

Master of Masters
Global Moderator
Country
Germany
Vague: Studio Pierrot will feature Bleach stuff at its booth during Jump Festa 2019.
Too early to hope?

Nii

Black Grail
Administrator
Country
Germany
Vague: Studio Pierrot will feature Bleach stuff at its booth during Jump Festa 2019.
Too early to hope?
Now that would be a really really big surprise. The main stages for Jump Festa are all reserved for other series already, Bleach/Ichigo isn't even depicted anywhere on the Festa site, the live-action adaptation flopped and the next novel will be the last. Besides an ongoing phone game, I see almost 0 reason for another anime season. Never say never, but it most likely will be some merch and that's it.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Country
Canada
Whenever they run out of things to do, they can always do more Bleach filler?
That’s the message I’m getting.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Country
Canada
Just setting up my starting Watch List for next season.

A lot of those shows look good actually... Hmmmm I see I'm going to have a tough time again. :XD
I seem to recall that when Kakegurui (season 1) came out we had a hard time getting it timely since Netflix has the rights.
Lets see how that goes. Also... Revisions (the whole series) is being released by Netflix in Japan on Jan 10... that may be a weird week.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Country
Canada
:loool
I've seen and dropped every single one of these shows. In fact I'm sure some of you remember discussing this trash. :XD
er... despite the picture, Darling in the FranXX is not in it... really!

Kiki

Stargazer
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Country
Thailand
Hello otaku elders/masters/gods in MH universe @Wowzers @Sky @Nii @Jammin @Demonspeed
I think from now on til next season, next season and next season I kinda want to ask for anime recs from you. I kinda want one person one rec for me to watch, and it must be different to each other. Genre I am looking for is comedy I guess :?bunny doesnt have to be 100% comedy, but I am okay with more than 50% (heavy comedy). I need laughter to produce more anti cancer in my body

Thank you :wtf

Erinyes

Intl Translator
Country
The Wall
Hello otaku elders/masters/gods in MH universe @Wowzers @Sky @Nii @Jammin @Demonspeed
I think from now on til next season, next season and next season I kinda want to ask for anime recs from you. I kinda want one person one rec for me to watch, and it must be different to each other. Genre I am looking for is comedy I guess :?bunny doesnt have to be 100% comedy, but I am okay with more than 50% (heavy comedy). I need laughter to produce more anti cancer in my body

Im so disppointed kiki-kun, im not even in your god's list :arf

Are you looking specifically for this season animes or it doesnt matter ? if not, Im still going to give you 3 amazing recs (all short animes <12 episodes each) :

1-Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

2-Barakamon

3-Haibane renmei

edit oh my bad its this season animes your looking for and only one, forget about my post then sorry i misread.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Country
India

No mention of me :errr

You can see Kaguya Sama love is war,pure comedy

Tate no yuusha

Dororo

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France

For this season? I guess Mob Psycho 100(that's a S2 though), Kaguya-sama and Gotoubun no Hanayome, maybe Endro as well. And Doukyonin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)