News General Anime and Drama News and Announcements

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Country
Abu Dhabi
Post any anime news, announcements, etc. to this thread!

LaLa magazine will announce that Kaichou wa Maid Sama! will be adapted into an anime. I'm not sure when or by which studio.
[hr]
Deadman Wonderland will be adapted into an anime. When and what studio is not known.
[hr]
Issue 41 of Weekly Shonen Magazine will confirm that a feature length Negima anime will be released in 2011.
[hr]
A second season of the Bloody Monday drama is scheduled to begin in January.

Last edited:

Akiyama

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
United States
New Code Geass Project Launch Green-Lit!

Wait for more info in 2010!!
The image adds that this project represents a "rebirth" and that Geass will take a new step starting today. The message is signed with the name, "ZERO."

Source ANN

Last edited:

CBlitz

Country
United States
Lelouch is dead and his son is the main character

Kaiten

Harasho
Country
Abu Dhabi
A drama of seinen manga Moyasimon has been green lit. It will be the first live action show to air during the popular Noitamina late night time slot.

Studio DEEN will adapt Giant Killing soccer manga into an anime this April. Yuu Kou, director of Chrno Crusade and Higurashi writer Toshifumi Kawase will be writing the script.

CBlitz

Country
United States
more on R3

apparently this is for the manga that will supposedly lead into the third season

One Eyed Sharingan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
Indonesia
A drama of seinen manga Moyasimon has been green lit. It will be the first live action show to air during the popular Noitamina late night time slot.
hmmmm moyashimon dorama... i dunno what to think

Studio DEEN will adapt Giant Killing soccer manga into an anime this April. Yuu Kou, director of Chrno Crusade and Higurashi writer Toshifumi Kawase will be writing the script.
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss i was hoping the mangascans... but now they're making the anime!!!

Kaiten

Harasho
Country
Abu Dhabi
A second season of baseball anime Ookiku Furikabutte has been announced. 25 episodes will begin airing in April.
[hr]
Makoto Shinkai outlines his new movie. No plot, no title, no opening date but reading this still made me giddy :fangirl

Last edited:

raikou

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Country
Indonesia
new movie by Makoto Shinkai? i will be looking forward to that

Akiyama

Country
United States
"The second season of the K-ON! anime franchise was announced after the "Let's Go!" live concert in Yokohama on Wednesday. When the concert's two encores ended, the large onstage screen displayed footage from the first season of the television anime series. Then the screen displayed an announcement that the second season has been green-lit." - ANN
[hr]
"The February issue of Shueisha's Bessatsu Margaret magazine is announcing next Wednesday that a live-action film adaptation of Karuho Shiina's Kimi ni Todoke manga has been green-lit. More details will be provided in future issue of Bessatsu Margaret, although the next issue does include a message from Shiina regarding the news. " -ANN

Last edited:

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Country
United States
"The February issue of Shueisha's Bessatsu Margaret magazine is announcing next Wednesday that a live-action film adaptation of Karuho Shiina's Kimi ni Todoke manga has been green-lit. More details will be provided in future issue of Bessatsu Margaret, although the next issue does include a message from Shiina regarding the news. " -ANN
Wow!
Kimi ni Todoke sure is popular!! It has a manga, an anime, and now a movie! The only other manga series I know that have accomplished the same feat are Nana and Hana Yori Dango. Mmm...I wonder if there is a possibility of them changing their minds and turning the manga into a J-drama (maybe a whole season of 9-12 episodes) instead of just a movie.

Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
Country
Abu Dhabi
Nodame Cantabile has had anime, movie, and drama.

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Country
United States
Nodame Cantabile has had anime, movie, and drama.
Oops I forgot that one.
Another one I forgot and shame on me for doing it
is Honey and Clover. That series has a manga, an anime, a J-drama series and two movies.

[kaiten]Don't forget Lovely Complex either! It had an anime, TV drama, and movie ;)[/kaiten]
[hr]
Oh, yes, Lovely Complex! How could I have forgotten that one?!
I knew there was a LovelyCom manga, anime and movie, but TV drama? I didn’t know that. Was the drama a J-drama?

Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
Country
Abu Dhabi
My mistake. There wasn't a JDrama, just the anime and movie ^^

Akiyama

Country
United States
"A television drama adaptation of SOIL, the ongoing manga by Bambi and her Pink Gun creator Atsushi Kaneko, has been green-lit for a March 5 premiere. The "twisted mystery" follows a rookie detective named Onoda (Kyō kara Hitman and Air Doll's Mari Hoshino) as she attempts to solve the disappearance of an entire family and other bizarre phenomena in a suburban neighborhood. Ryosei Tayama (Gokusen, Kurosagi) plays Chief Detective Yokoi. " - ANN

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaiten

Harasho
Country
Abu Dhabi
Good pick of the leads from Heiji:

Akiyama

Country
United States
More info to go with the picture that Kaiten posted.

The Drama is directed by Takashi Shimizu and the level of players will be found in the role of Onoda, Hoshino Maria (left) and the role of Yokoi, Tayama Ryosei (right).

shaheer

Country
Singapore
right i got from Akiyama that Bakuman's anime is starting ,any one knows who is is doing the anime which studio , and about R3 when will it launch?

Akiyama

Country
United States
Bakuman will start probably the first week of October like most fall anime. We don't know anything about R3 yet.
Here is some info about Bakuman anime from wiki.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)