Games Genshin Impact

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
So I'll probably be trying to fit her with those two somehow. Or as the centerpiece of secondary team for events with Deluc maybe? Feel like they'd work well together even though i really hate using him.
Yeah, actually a popular team early in the game's history was Diluc-Xingqiu-Jean-Sucrose so that's an option too. Mona would also work instead of XQ if you have her.

I don't have a ton of sword options for her, no 5 stars or anything and I don't have that event sword. But from what I'm reading Sacrificial Sword is pretty good on her and I kept pulling that one so I have an R3 of it. Which by all accounts is not bad. I cobbled together a decent Viridescent set Crit helm, attack sands, anemo goblet and decent substats so that part is pretty well sorted.
Sacrificial is decent for her non-DPS builds due to the huge chunk of ER it gives I guess, but if you wanted an ER weapon I'd probably go with Festering Desire if you have it. Other budget options are the Inazuma craftable sword, Favonius Sword, Blackcliff Sword, or The Flute. Lion's Roar might also be an option since you have Raiden and Diluc (and I assume at some point Yae). If you were doing a hybrid build Prototype Rancour might also be good in a Superconduct team.

Also oddly enough pulled another Skyward Pride with the wishes that came from leveling Jean up to 70, which is as high as she's going to get until I can farm a bit. So Eula gets a very slight sword upgrade.
What was your Eula using before?

The reason I have Sucrose as half built as she is was because I was intending to build her as a support/EM battery. I like her and have quite a few constellations of her but was having a lot of trouble getting EM Viridescent gear and it wore down my motivation. As a result actually had a decent amount of Viridescent DPS gear sitting around for Jean actually. So it all worked out in the end. Although I do still intend to get back to building her one day. I swear it's like the game knows when you actually want EM gear to drop.
When I say Sucrose is low investment, I kind of mean that in every way. Some people make her work without even leveling her talents up at all. All they do is unlock her last ascension talent and then nothing else. She can also just use a Level 1 Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers since she doesn't really make use of higher base attack or HP and the passive effect just transfers Atk to whoever you swap to. Her stats from leveling literally do not matter unless you care about marginal gains to her own damage. She's probably the lowest investment character in the entire game, it's kind of dumb lol

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, actually a popular team early in the game's history was Diluc-Xingqiu-Jean-Sucrose so that's an option too. Mona would also work instead of XQ if you have her.
I wish. Mona is probably my most wanted unit, at least of the ones already released. I actually have zero water heroes built unless you count my half built Barbara. Who I quit on after about the third time getting stun locked by her elemental skill and a cryo enemy. I had enough of that.

Sacrificial is decent for her non-DPS builds due to the huge chunk of ER it gives I guess, but if you wanted an ER weapon I'd probably go with Festering Desire if you have it. Other budget options are the Inazuma craftable sword, Favonius Sword, Blackcliff Sword, or The Flute. Lion's Roar might also be an option since you have Raiden and Diluc (and I assume at some point Yae). If you were doing a hybrid build Prototype Rancour might also be good in a Superconduct team.
I don't have Festering Desire. That was the event weapon i was talking about. I've got Sacrificial, Lion's Roar, The Flute, and Favonius. Lions Roar is what my Keqing uses, so I'm not sure i want to switch that up. I figure I'll start with the Sacrificial, see if I like that and if I feel like I need some more damage I'll switch that out for something more damage-y. If I had the Festering Desire I'd probably use that instead but... I don't.

Don't know much about the Inazuma one. I'll have to look up what that does.

EDIT: I should add I have the prototype as well but... I find it aesthetically displeasing.

What was your Eula using before?
That's what she was using. I just got a second one that I decided to refine into it. Her windblades got very slightly more badass. I know refining isn't always the right call with 5 star weapons but I use Eula and that weapon everywhere so I figured I'd take that.

When I say Sucrose is low investment, I kind of mean that in every way. Some people make her work without even leveling her talents up at all. All they do is unlock her last ascension talent and then nothing else. She can also just use a Level 1 Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers since she doesn't really make use of higher base attack or HP and the passive effect just transfers Atk to whoever you swap to. Her stats from leveling literally do not matter unless you care about marginal gains to her own damage. She's probably the lowest investment character in the entire game, it's kind of dumb lol
Yeah, I get what you mean. I had her built enough to do that but what I was trying to do was get her Elemental Mastery battery her Mollis Favonius passive where she gifts 20% of her own EM to the rest of the party for 8s and set up her gear to really jack that up. That's what I was trying to build her for. It never really got to a place I was happy with, I guess. She's a character I intend to revisit one day.

Last edited:

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I don't have Festering Desire. That was the event weapon i was talking about. I've got Sacrificial, Lion's Roar, The Flute, and Favonius. Lions Roar is what my Keqing uses, so I'm not sure i want to switch that up. I figure I'll start with the Sacrificial, see if I like that and if I feel like I need some more damage I'll switch that out for something more damage-y. If I had the Festering Desire I'd probably use that instead but... I don't.

Don't know much about the Inazuma one. I'll have to look up what that does.
I'd definitely recommend Favonius over Sacrificial on Jean. They have identical Base Attack and Energy Recharge stats, but since you're ideally building Crit Rate on Jean, she can make use of the extra white particles being generated with Favonius either for her or anyone else on your team that has energy needs. Her Elemental Skill is also already rather low cooldown, so having that reset is less essential compared to someone like Xingqiu or Qiqi. Though, if you wanted to go with what's the best statistically rather than what feels the best, it might come down to refines and who you plan on using her with to see how using her skill twice would fit into your rotations.

That's what she was using. I just got a second one that I decided to refine into it. Her windblades got very slightly more badass. I know refining isn't always the right call with 5 star weapons but I use Eula and that weapon everywhere so I figured I'd take that.
Ah, misunderstood I guess. Yeah, Skyward Pride is kind of a niche weapon that sort of falls short of some 4 Star weapons for most Claymore users. Eula is unique there because she both needs ER and boosts the damage of the vacuum blade since you invest into physical damage bonus with her anyway. So refining it for her probably makes more sense than if it was used on anyone else (save for maybe Razor but....who uses him these days anyway)

Yeah, I get what you mean. I had her built enough to do that but what I was trying to do was get her Elemental Mastery battery her Mollis Favonius passive where she gifts 20% of her own EM to the rest of the party for 8s and set up her gear to really jack that up. That's what I was trying to build her for. It never really got to a place I was happy with, I guess. She's a character I intend to revisit one day.
Yeah, you kind of have to just piece together the best you can get when it comes to characters that use unconventional mainstats that aren't HP or DEF. It's a big problem though with Anemo characters since they really can't go too off-set since it gimps their usefulness not having VV debuff. It's why I still haven't switched to a full EM set for Kazuha since I had so many good pieces for his own damage.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd definitely recommend Favonius over Sacrificial on Jean. They have identical Base Attack and Energy Recharge stats, but since you're ideally building Crit Rate on Jean, she can make use of the extra white particles being generated with Favonius either for her or anyone else on your team that has energy needs. Her Elemental Skill is also already rather low cooldown, so having that reset is less essential compared to someone like Xingqiu or Qiqi. Though, if you wanted to go with what's the best statistically rather than what feels the best, it might come down to refines and who you plan on using her with to see how using her skill twice would fit into your rotations.
That's a good point. Her current gear is sitting at 40% crit rate or so. So she'd definitely make use of it and perhaps more importantly I actually think Favonius looks the best.

Really I should just build both. If I don't use them on her I will on somebody else.

Reactions: xi0

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
That's a good point. Her current gear is sitting at 40% crit rate or so. So she'd definitely make use of it and perhaps more importantly I actually think Favonius looks the best.

Really I should just build both. If I don't use them on her I will on somebody else.
Yeah, both weapons are useful on so many characters. Refines on Sacrificial are incredibly strong too.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's going to come down to how effective the damage is on her elemental skill and how much I like using that. Because like you said, in terms of energy recharge the Favonius is going to be better. So utility-wise that's going to be better. But the R3 Sacrificial is going to give a 60% chance to be able to double strike with that skill, which could be pretty fun.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

On the subject of Sucrose I saw some pretty fun looking meme combos with Jean and Sucrose. Jeans skill can launch things which then take fall damage but Sucrose can pull things down or enhance that acceleration which increases the fall damage. Would only probably work on mobs that can be juggled but... that seems pretty fun. Extra motivation to revisit Sucrose.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Anemo Resonance is also kinda underrated, especially in the open world with the stamina consumption reduction and movement speed buff. The Skill cooldown reduction is kind of nice but also hard to really notice.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
So I'm probably pretty late in saying this, since I'm going through some content that has been out of a while, but both of these added Inazuma zones are pretty cool. The fog island and this underwater island are both visually very interesting and fun to traverse. I like these designs a lot.

Also I've now gotten Jean to what I consider effective usability at lvl80 with a lvl90 weapon and lvl 6 talents. I quite like her. I didn't realize she has an 80 energy Burst. So that really makes her synergy with Ei better than I expected. And Ei's ability to add her Electro damage pretty much permanently goes very well with Jean's frequent swirl stab. She's a interesting comparison to Diona. Because Diona is actually better in some ways because of her shield and better energy generation. But Jean has that off field healing, swirling, and far superior damage. Together they can render Ei and Eula unkillable. Which is fun.

You were right about the Favonius @xi0. That did turn out to be best weapon I currently have for how I'm using her. Mainly because the particles from that are non-element. So it helps to keep Eula kicking ass and taking names.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
You were right about the Favonius @xi0. That did turn out to be best weapon I currently have for how I'm using her. Mainly because the particles from that are non-element. So it helps to keep Eula kicking ass and taking names.
Yeah, all Favonius weapons work this way, so they're often the go-to Support weapon for units that don't have long Skill cooldowns usually, therefore not benefitting a ton from using Sacrificial weapons. Also there's no Sacrificial Polearm for some reason, so Favonius Lance is quite good for many too (Rosaria, Shenhe, Thoma, etc). The only downside is needing to build a decent amount of crit rate when you might not make much use of it at all. Luckily Jean can somewhat.

So I'm probably pretty late in saying this, since I'm going through some content that has been out of a while, but both of these added Inazuma zones are pretty cool. The fog island and this underwater island are both visually very interesting and fun to traverse. I like these designs a lot.
Yeah, Enkanomiya is just jawdropping. I wasn't really expecting it to be as expansive as it is. Especially after already getting 3 additional islands added after Inazuma was added.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Whelp. My DPS weapon option for Jean is now taken care of. I hadn't got around to ascending all the various unbuilt characters I had to the first rank in order to get the free pulls and somehow got an Aquila Favonia out of that. So guess I'm building that now.:amuse

Reactions: xi0

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Whelp. My DPS weapon option for Jean is now taken care of. I hadn't got around to ascending all the various unbuilt characters I had to the first rank in order to get the free pulls and somehow got an Aquila Favonia out of that. So guess I'm building that now.:amuse
Yeah, since I've been saving and haven't had to farm for a new unit this patch I'm working on getting those three standard wishes for all my units too. I also have Aquila but have used it on Kazuha mostly since I mentioned before I have a weird non-EM focused build on him since those artifacts are so hard to find, and got some crazy crit/atk rolls on VV when I was farming for him pre-release.

Not for nothing, but depending on stat breakdowns and team comp, Aquila might be the best options for Jean in general. It's narrowly ranked above Favonius for Support too. But that would depend on how necessary you feel Favonius' ER and particle generation is for your build and rotations. 61% ER is nuts, but so is 220 more base attack, which is what Aquila offers you over Favonius. It's the highest base attack sword in the game along with Mistsplitter. You can get ER from Artifacts (hourglass main-stat plus good substat rolls), but not Base Attack. So that's some food for though perhaps.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah she's going to be able to absorb that ER hit pretty easily, I think. For some reason my gear always rolls ER and she's currently running with 217 ER so the drop will put her in the ideal range probably. And her party will usually consist of a 250 ER Ei and a 180 ER Eula. So the energy balance should be pretty managable.

My weapon luck is getting pretty crazy on the standard banner. Just pulled a Wolf's Gravestone. Which I believe doesn't even reset pity since the Aquila Favonia was 11 pulls prior. So I should be on character pity with that banner.

Not really sure who will get to use it yet. I sorta like the the balance of my current Eula build, so I'm not sure I want to swap the skyward pride out.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
My weapon luck is getting pretty crazy on the standard banner. Just pulled a Wolf's Gravestone. Which I believe doesn't even reset pity since the Aquila Favonia was 11 pulls prior. So I should be on character pity with that banner.

Not really sure who will get to use it yet. I sorta like the the balance of my current Eula build, so I'm not sure I want to swap the skyward pride out.
I'm not sure if it's specified officially but anecdotal evidence and testing seems to suggest that you can't hit 3 pities without pulling either a Weapon or a Character (4 star or 5 star). It still feels like to me that you're more likely to get a Character in general though, given that's what they choose to advertise on the card. But that might just be my own experience.

WGS is definitely an upgrade over Skyward Pride, especially if your team scales highly off of the 40% ATK it grants to everyone. It's kind of a weird weapon in general though since it gives a shitload of ATK so can kind of hurt other statlines, but is also kind of a Support weapon and you see a lot of Beidou's use it because of that.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Most likely my Beidou will get it eventually. I'm sure it's a damage upgrade but there is something to be said for getting there energy balance just right to be able to cycle bursts easily. Even if the damage is a bit lower with the Pride. I could maybe fix that with artifacts on my Eula but I'm working on other things at the minute.

Right now I'm deep in farming stuff for in preparation for Yae Miko and getting the Widsith maxed out. My resources will be occupied with that for a while. I may be blessed by weapon gatcha rates recently but I assure you I'm not blessed with attack sands drop rates.