Reaction score
Country
Italy

Episodes: Unknown
Airing Date: Jan 10, 2019
Producers: Satelight
Genres: Action, Sci-Fi

Synopsis

Mysterious flying creatures known as Zai suddenly appear, and in order to fight the creatures, mankind creates fighter aircraft called "Daughters," as well as the automatic fighting mechanism "Anima," which are shaped like human girls. The story centers on a young man named Kei Narutani, who yearns to fly in the sky, and an Anima considered to be humanity's trump card, a girl name Gripen.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
They just finished saying humans can't take the g-forces that are needed to be a match for the Xi... and they immediately make an artificial pilot in the form of a human. I'm kind of suspicious. Wouldn't it be more logical to build an AI into the plane and have it with no human like weaknesses? These girl/pilots in the shape of humans will have human weaknesses won't they?
The first one he met seemed to lose control and then even had an emotional response to the guy trying to rescue her.

Also, the childhood friend isn't in the ED at all and the OP she's very minor… I fear for her continued existence.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Italy
They just finished saying humans can't take the g-forces that are needed to be a match for the Xi... and they immediately make an artificial pilot in the form of a human. I'm kind of suspicious. Wouldn't it be more logical to build an AI into the plane and have it with no human like weaknesses? These girl/pilots in the shape of humans will have human weaknesses won't they?
The first one he met seemed to lose control and then even had an emotional response to the guy trying to rescue her.

Also, the childhood friend isn't in the ED at all and the OP she's very minor… I fear for her continued existence.
I believe that they are AI, but the episode's pace was quite fast, so I don't know if I'm wrong or correct. :XD
Either way, I don't know if I should keep on following this one or not.
I'll wait for the blondie girl and then see.

Sky

Master of Masters
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
This looks like Arpeggio with Planes instead of warships.

I am in.

First episode was fine. Even the quality was okay and even good sometimes.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm surprised… this show hasn't turned me off yet. Green haired girl is up next episode!