MH Senpai伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
- Nov 16, 2005
- Reaction score
Here we go, in style!
Hiya. Sorry about taking a while to do Bleach this time around - I spent the weekend watching American football ( the Eyeshield 21 version! ) and doing other things. I had originally planned to get Bleach Comments out last Friday, but thought I'd wait until M7 released their version but which wasn't until later that day. So, here we go, on a fine Monday morning, instead.
Feel free to comment as always and please enjoy.
* * * Gold Knight's Ten Comments on Bleach Chapter 245: The Way Without Enemies. * * *
I wonder what Hueco Mundo tea is like...
1. Preparations Before the Battle... Well, Aizen wasn't just tossing words around, he really did bring out the tea. Reminds me of how feudal Japanese clan leaders used to deal with each other. They'd usually talk negotiations at tea ceremonies. With that in mind, I wonder if Aizen feels like he's always having to barter with these monsters in order to get them to do what he wants them to do. Although ever since we first saw Momo at Aizen's apartment, I did get the sense that he was old-fashioned, and he might just still be that way here. (Gotta admit I wish Aizen still had that old hair-style, for some reason...)
Could also be a pretty unique method of showing us that these Espada weren't your typical starving spirits, because they're all sitting together at an elaborate table and drinking tea with their master. All together, they do appear very much like the Gotei 13 of the Hueco Mundo.
(Which makes me wonder: Is Gin and Tousen more powerful than Ulquiorra, therefore they'd be considered No. 1 and No. 2 of the Espada *if* they had been Hollows...?)
ZOMG, it's the protagonists of the series!
2. Let's Play Space Invaders! I'm actually surprised - I don't know why I was. But finding out that Aizen's meeting had been about Ichigo, Ishida, and Chad after all... well, that wasn't very enlightening. Bah. I had the impression that Aizen wouldn't have even cared enough to call a meeting regarding these three, and would have moved on to other matters quickly enough.
For one thing, their ultimate plan - their mission to kill the king of the Soul Society, and their search for the Royal Key. What Aizen expected of the Espada to do for him. Ah, well.
Guess they're all still waiting for the Orb of Distortion to come out of hibernation in order to discuss all that, despite Aizen being able to still use it to create more Arrancar.
So, I suppose Aizen was just being prudent here. And with reason, it seems...
Not very impressed, are they?
3. Arrogance Galore...! Well, not too terribly surprised that the room's full of proud monsters. Aizen's the one who probably promoted them all, after all, and that being the case, they're at the top of the food chain in a very bloodthristy world of predators. Of course they're full of pride and feeling like three humans are beneath their notice.
In any event, we get a closer look at four of the Espada here:
1) This is the "mysterious one" that some regard as possibly being the Primero Espada but who I believe is actually the fifth, Quinto Espada. We now clearly see that he's wearing what seems to be a full mask, which is odd, considering that most of the Arrancar have their masks at least partially removed.
2) The "taciturn dwarf" which certainly seemed to fulfill that description here. Probably an axe murderer in his previous life!
3) This is the one I commented looked like a "hacker/charmer" in the last chapter. Seems like he's kinda haughty, too. Perhaps he's of royal blood?
4) Yama - heh, his facial expression says it all here. Although, he should know better than anybody how dangerous Ichigo can be - he lost an arm once to him. So for him to act disinterested, he might be just trying to fool the others into thinking that he isn't threatened. Gotta worry about status, after all.
...even though they're bugs!
Despite the Espada's first impressions, we did have our first indication here that Aizen was indeed a bit impressed by Ichigo while watching the ryoka invasion from the Central 46 Chambers. Anyone who can defeat captain after captain and achieve ban kai in less than a month - well, yeah. That's gotta open even Aizen's eyes.
But if Aizen called the meeting in order to warn the Espada about Ichigo and his friends, though, it's weird how he ended it. But I'll get to that in a moment.
The lady's smart.
4. Shifting Attitudes. As would have been expected, Aizen's acknowledgement of the invaders as a distinct threat changed the behavior of the Espada almost immediately. If Aizen himself told them to watch out...
Although I suppose that Aizen might be more concerned about the Espada losing their lives. Even though he could probably create more with the Orb, it'd be a bother to have to deal with inexperienced and possibly weaker Espada.
We get some more closer looks at the Espada here:
1) Looks like my "pissed savage" description last week wasn't too far off, judging by the skull earring the big dude is wearing here! Seems a little mild-mannered even so, though. But of course, he's not fighting right now, either...
2) Ulquiorra, being his usual self.
3) We finally get our look at what "Umbrella Head's" face looks like. Gotta admit I'm a little disappointed here. He seems more like a punk than any sort of formidable enemy. Though he does remind me a bit of Orochimaru from the Naruto series.
4) A closer look at HAG, or Hot Arrancar Girl. Gotta admit that she looks like a babe, after all. I was half-expecting some kind of ugly lady (since we haven't really had one at all yet in the series). She seems like one of the more prudent Espada. Guess she'd be, being the only female.
Sidenote: Noticed that the only Espada that we didn't really get to hear from at all in this chapter was the one sitting by Ulquiorra? Somehow, I get a feeling that he'll be one of the more interesting ones.
Why don't I believe you, Grimmy?
5. Yeah, Sure... Gotta admit I don't blame Tousen for being suspicious here. Despite his twisted sense of justice, he does have a good nose for knowing who would be the most bloodthristy and troublesome (first Kenpachi and now Grimmjow). Additionally, in my opinion, Grimmjow most definitely is not acting on Aizen's behalf here. Immediately after seeing Ichigo, you could tell by his facial expression he wanted just to smash the dude's face in, no matter what the consequences.
Well, he's defied Aizen before by bringing Arrancar to Kamakura town, so he was already on a tight leash...
Still, even though it wasn't the brightest move to just get up from the table and trying to leave without being excused, that's just Grimmjow. He's impulsive, not the type to listen to anybody, and definitely not courteous. And well, you gotta admire his guts. He's not afraid of anybody, apparently - not even Aizen. He's probably the only Espada that would like nothing more than kicking Aizen off his high throne.
And Aizen knows it.
Hm, Aizen and...
...Lord Vader would be good buddies, huh?
6. One with the Dark Side... First Orihime, now Grimmjow. Aizen sure doesn't mess around with that spiritual pressure of his! Again, like I said that other chapter, must be pretty convenient to have, if you're aspiring to be a master villain, that is.
And hey, obviously Tite Kubo must be a Darth Vader fan. Aizen sure seems to treat his own people the same way - by ruling with an iron hand, or should I say, choking 'em with an unseen hand?
Intimidation, ruthlessness, hell, whatever it takes. And one more thing...
Aizen-sama is so cool!
7. Well, Why Didn't You Just Say So! ...Aizen certainly knows how to sweet-talk. Of course, doesn't make much sense why he'd just call a meeting to inform the Espada about the invaders, then finish it by announcing that they need not fear from any enemies with him around. But hey, that's politics for you, I suppose.
Not too surprising Aizen would go with what had served him so well in the past - depending on the "admiration" of others to get what he wants. Aizen, however, better be aware that these Arrancar aren't seeing anything through rose-colored glasses like his former subordinate, Hinamori Momo, used to do. Not that Hinamori was gullible by any means, but she was[ naive, wanted to be in his divison from the beginning and had already thought of him as a idol when she was accepted. Bad mistake, huh...?
But in this case, instead of a little girl with a crush on him, Aizen's having to deal with violent undead criminals with a natural mistrusting of everything around them. Interesting how that'll go!
Sidenote: I can see how Tousen would love that kind of speech, though. I suppose I understand him a little better now, considering that with Aizen as his leader, he believes that there will be lesser resistance in his mission for overall peace. He's not really looking so much to eliminate anybody, even Hollows (that'd explain why he'd work with them), but trying to create a world of order. Even if it is a world dictated by Aizen's ideals, but Tousen obviously believes that would be the way to least bloodslaughter. Mostly because his leader can easily suppress everybody around him. The lesser of two evils, in Tousen's book - either you have a world that's continously being warred between the Shinigami and the Hollows with a Quincy and human beings thrown into the mix, or an empire of peace with everybody forced to work for Aizen...?
As for Gin, hey, you gotta love the guy. We still have no idea what he's thinking, we just get a sense that he's thoroughly enjoying everything going on.
Here, here, kitty...!
8. Mirages and Animals...? Somewhat expected Las Noches to be farther off than Ichigo's group initially thought, due to the talk about weird perspectives last chapter.
But not "Hollow animals." Though, the first thing I thought of when I saw them was that Hollow which had "little helpers." Wouldn't be surprised if it went to alert its "master" of their presence.
As for the part where Ishida said that these Hollows might be feeding on a dense amount of reishi in the atmosphere, intriguing. Guess they probably just go to Earth for some more "flavors," then?
Ohhh... Chad's flexing his right hand...?
9. More Power...?! Seeing Chad flexing his left hand there after all that talk of the reishi in the atmosphere strengthening Quincys and Shinigamis as well as Hollows, leads me to firmly believe that we'll soon be seeing him with not just one, but *two* arms of the Giant. Or at least acquiring a more powerful left hand.
In which case, ouch, watch out Espada. This guy's gonna be doing some serious pummelling.
Oh, won't ANYBODY help me out! Waaah!
10. O RLY...! Anybody want to bet that this person in need of help is actually just another lure? There's way too many Hollows following him...! (Neat design for the left one, though - looks like an African mask.)
Of course, if it does turn out to be a new character that might be assisting Ichigo and his group, that'd probably be a better twist. Guess we'll find out later in the week.
RATING: 3.5 out of 5 stars. Unfortunately this wasn't a very exciting chapter at all. But I suppose Tite Kubo's just preparing himself for all the craziness that'll be coming soon afterwards, but it felt a lot like he just took a week off this time around. It was fun to see more of the Espada, though.
Predictions: Yeah, we'll probably see Ichigo, Ishida, and Chad fight off some more Hollows. And quite likely find out why they're having such a hard time getting to Las Noches.
Credits: Another nice job by M7 this week, although not the same quality of their work last week. Thanks to Pocketmofo and Winterlion both for translating.
Hope you enjoyed, and looking forward to seeing what you think!
Yeah, Ishida, shut up and let the others comment! <3