Shounen - Death Note by Ohba Sugumi & Obata Takeshi | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Death Note by Ohba Sugumi & Obata Takeshi

Meijin no Kori

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Death Note INFO
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Manga

Title: Death Note デスノート
Authored by : Tsugumi Ohba & Asami Yuuko
Artist : Takashi Obata
Serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump
Genre: Shōnen, Mystery, Supernatural, Drama, Psychological
Published by : Shueisha & Viz
Edited Mangas: completed

Summary
What would you do if you have control of a note book that can kill anyone whose name is written in it?
Catch this brilliant series of how ace student, Light Yagami, make good use of it to get rid the world of all evil doers but is what he is doing right? Getting hot on his heels is another genius called L. Follow this exciting cat & mouse game between 2 highly intellectual(s).

The Anime

Links :
Official Anime Website ~in Jap~
Deathnote @ AnimeDB
Groups : C1 Anime , Animada , KubuSubs , Shinigami Realm

The Movies

2 movies -
1) Deathnote
2) Deathnote : The Last Name
Links :
Official Movie Website
The Last Name @ AnimeDB
Deathnote @ AnimeDB

Death Note RELEASES

Groups: Aku-Tenshi, Ice-Master Edited Mangas, KEFI, Orange Tangerin, Shannaro,
The Ones Who Never Lie (TOWNL), Toniyama�s World, We The Fans, Pedobears, GtoOo
(Resources : Mangaupdates & Wikipeida)

Download Sources :
Lurk
Stoptazmo
Evil Empire
Mangatraders

Discuss Death Note manga here. I haven't read it myself yet, so I'm not sure what happens. But I did look at the raw and it looks interesting. Hopefully I'll get a chance to read it soon and then I'll be able to comment.

And here's some stuff to start us off here:

Ch. 92 raw Direct Download: http://townl.mangahelpers.com/index.php?topic=327.new#new
Torrent: http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/[Raw-Manga] Death Note 92.torrent
Summary by Rei: http://townl.mangahelpers.com/index.php?topic=325.new#new

(English Version) Cover scans:
Vol. 1: http://temp.mooload.com/file.php?file=files/1135724224/DN_Vol_1.jpg
Vol. 2: http://temp.mooload.com/file.php?file=files/1135724722/DN_Vol_2.jpg
Vol. 3: http://temp.mooload.com/file.php?file=files/1135728003/DN_Vol_3.jpg

And for you guys who don't know how to view the these pics...

Some wallpapers I made:
Ryuuku Wallpaper:

Raito & Ryuuku Wallpaper:

And well, that should be enough for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Re: Death Note thread (manga spoilers!)

What's this manga about? Can you post an intro to the story?

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Death Note is about an ace student, Light (originally known as Raito in the old translation) getting ahold of the Death Note, a book in which if a human's name is written, that person will die.

It was purposely dropped to Earth by a Shinigami (death god) named Ryuuku, who's bored and wants to see what Light will do with it just to pass the time. Light becomes kind of a vigilante with the book, deciding to dish out death penalties to criminals who've done truly horrible things, and create a world of utopia that way. His reasoning is that people will become too scared to do anything bad.

But when the criminals begin dropping dead, the authorities send the legendary detective L to track down the killer. It's a battle of great wits all the way through and I highly recommend it.

bebong

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score

WARNING. Well, starting with this post, there will be MAJOR Death Note spoilers. If you are new to Death Note, don't read any further. If you are curious about where to download Death Note, PM me or Meijin no Kori. - Gold Knight

I just read till wen the priest is killed by ryuuk when the WJ cover is narutop, hey, poor L died T__T

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

MnK, you'll notice eventually that we now have a subforum dedicated to Death Note. Feel free to break out of this thread and start a number of threads about specific Death Note chapter discussions, topics, etc. As well as advertise your own Edited Mangas if you like here.

I'm a little bit behind on Death Note right now, but I'm the one to PM if you have any trouble with anybody since I'm the most knowledgable on the mod team here as far as Death Note chapters go.

Meijin no Kori

Death Note Rules Discussion/Predictions

(You can find the translated versions of the rules that have been listed so far in the volumes here.)

As you may or may not know, a small list of rules about how the Death Note works and how the Death Notes should be used appears in each volume of the manga in Japan. Each issue contains several new rules (of course, I'm pretty sure that the tokobans only list the new rules). As of Volume 9, there are 52 (LII) rules. Some of these rules have made appearences in and had effects on the manga thus far and others haven't.

Of the rules that haven't appeared yet, do you think they will? If they do, what effects will they have on the characters and the plot of the series? Which rules do you think are the most likely to make an appearence? Which ones do you think will be left out of the actual manga?

I'm interested in the rules about how they're can only be six usuable Death Notes in the human world at a time. I believe that most of the major people could end up with a Death Note. These could include Raito, Mello, Near/the SPK, the NPA, Teru/Takada, and Misa. I'm interested in these rules and think that they might have an effect on the series later on.

Well, what are your thoughts?

Meijin no Kori

Favorite character?

Who are your favorite characters in Death Note? Mine are as follows:

1. Near
2. L
3. Raito
4. Ryuuku

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Favorite character?

I love L, mostly for his design. He's one of the most quirky characters I've seen in any manga. And it's almost enthralling how it always seems like he's thinking about more than what he's revealing to us. You want to know what's going on in his brain almost all the time.

Ryuuku, for a character mostly destined to comedy relief in the series, also makes a great counterpart to Raito/Light - it's rather funny how Ryuuku brings out the humanity in Raito/Light when he's not human himself. Without Ryuuku, the series would be too dreary for my tastes. So I also really like Ryuuku as well.

Raito/Light, I can't help but appreciate his smarts. He's one step ahead of everybody it seems, but at the same time I also end up hating him from time to time for his cold-bloodness. Very dynamic character, too bad there's not much of a chance that we'll ever get the "good Raito" back.

I also somewhat like Misa, if only because her intelligence surprised me. One of the reasons I don't like Raito sometimes is because it's so painfully obvious that he's planning to do away with Misa when her usefulness expires.

Meijin no Kori

Who do you think is the smartest?

Who do you think is/was the smartest person in Death Note? As for me, Naiujiro summed up my opinion well when he posted this:
See to me, Near/Light/Ryuuzaki all are unmeasurable geniuses. The only difference is the mentality that they look at a game.

L to me, was an aggressive and savage player at the short term game. He took big gambles, and used intimidation to throw his enemies off. He would attack relentlessly until they showed any sort of weakness. Then he would rip them apart.

Light IMO, relies on his ability to perfectly analysis the situation while keeping a cool head. He has moments in which he's not thinking more then a couple of steps ahead, but when he is actually in need to plan ahead; he plans the end of the game before the first move is made. He does this by analysising his opponents mentality, that way he knows what their forethought limit would be. He would do this in conjuction with simulating in his own head how he would act. He basically has a rediculously defensive short game, and a supreme long game that is not rivaled.

Near on the other hand, has a good portion of Ryuuzaki's aggressive tactics. He is certainly not Ryuuzaki in that respect. But he does have something that Ryuuzaki lacked in some degree. He has great long game mentality, similar to Light, but not as much potencial as Light has. He's like a mixture of Light's and Ryuuzaki's strongest points.

And Ryuuzaki's death meant nothing as to who was more intelligent. If not for Rem's emotional out brust, Light would have had his butt handed to him in 13 days if not sooner. However, Light did plan for Rem's interuption. Light's rediciously long game mentality just seemed to be the winning factor in that instance.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Who do you think is the smartest?

I think between L and Raito, L is definitely the smarter one. As Naiujiro said, L nearly had Raito if it had not been for certain circumstances. Raito's cooler under pressure, though, but that's a bit different.

I agree that Near is likely more of a genius at this point, but I would like to read more before finalizing my opinion on anything. Still, voting for Near for now.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Death Note 92 Disussion

The latest discussion threads should be stickied, MnK - so they can be the most prominent ;)
I know. I just made this this topic before I was moderated and it slipped my mind after I was. - MnK

Haven't read the chapter myself yet, though. I will have to download all the latest chapters soon.

Kno7

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score

I've read it, it's a pretty good chapter, although I'm confused about what hapenned. But I wouldn't want to spoil anything for anyone :amuse

Kno7

Reaction score
Re: Death Note Rules Discussion/Predictions

I don't think tha'll happen. Too many death notes would make the purpose of getting one inexistant. Besides, everyone would end up dying :amuse.

I've never even noticed new rules somewhere :oh Care to tell me where I can find them?

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Death Note Rules Discussion/Predictions

Been meaning to comment here for some time, but I want to re-read these chapters again first.

EDIT: Never mind. I've reread them all, but I'm just not up to thinking about it to that extent. It's a lot of predictions, what if's and stuff like that. I'm just not Death Note obsessed enough I guess, and anyway, I think the author intends to stay with the original rules written by Ryuk for the most part throughout the series - until another reaper comes to surface, at least.

murmel

Reaction score
Death Note Manga Discussion

Page 93 Raw is out!
Grab it at TOWNL's raw listing!

Edit: Unstickied because Page 94 is out - MnK

Naiujiro

Reaction score
Country
United States

*Wonders why he's getting dejavoo when he looks at these threads* I've see these exact threads somewhere else, but I can't figure out where. Can anyone help me out here?

Meijin no Kori

Naiujiro said:
*Wonders why he's getting dejavoo when he looks at these threads* I've see these exact threads somewhere else, but I can't figure out where. Can anyone help me out here?
lol. Yes, I kind of copycatted... but it is hard to come up with original ideas for threads sometimes. But of course, alot of forum share threads in common (favorite character, ect.), so these threads are not too big of a deal. I just did that to get this forum started off. And I think that my Death Note Rules Discussion thread is a thread that wasn't on TOWNL... or at least I hope so. :amuse

Meijin no Kori

Good chapter. I love Near's Christmas Tree: