Shounen - Doubt by Tonogai Yoshiki | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Doubt by Tonogai Yoshiki

Raijatsu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

chapter 1-5: http://www.snoopycool.com/manga/doubt/index.html

Info

Categories: drama, horror, mystery, psychological, shounen

Author: Tonogai Yoshiki

Artist: Tonogai Yoshiki

Chapters: 5 - ongoing
Summary

There's a game going around Japan called 'Rabbit Doubt'. The premise of the game is that all of the players are rabbits in a colony, and one amongst them is randomly chosen to be a wolf that infiltrated the group of rabbits. Every round, the wolf kills off a rabbit, and every round, the group tries to figure out which of the rabbits is actually a wolf in disguise. Sometimes the kids who play this game decide to meet up in person, and Yuu, Mitsuki, Rei, Hajime, Eiji, and Haruka have done just that. Unfortunately, one of them has decided to take on the mantle of the wolf and has already killed once. Who is the wolf, and can they be stopped before everyone meets a very unpleasant end?

Personal opinion:

Did anyone ever play the doubt game? It is fairly popular in my town (though we call it WOLF ^^) so I felt really nostalgic while reading this manga.
The story is a mix off the "koro ni"-series and SAW I. 5 chapters are scanlated so far and still you can't see who is the wolf. ( wont post my theory before there are at least 3 posts XD)

Have fun ^^

ps: if there is already a thread about it delete this thread

Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I read the content once, was lazy to read it though I must say the concept was something I liked

you convince me to try it out raijatsu -> post to be edited

edit: this is GREAT - if you like mistery games and something like SAW then this is something for you. The concept is so cool, you don't dare to trust anyone and there are strange things imo
How come yuu hasn't a barcode or maybe he doesn't know where yet
I don't dare to say who's the wolf but there's a great actor among them

READ THIS GUYS, THIS IS GREAT

Last edited:

kaloo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Probably the wolf didn't give him one, in order to decieve them nto thinking he was the wolf.

Raijatsu

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I thought he has one on his belly.....
well I guess that
The wolf is Rei, though she is seen as a corpse by all of themm. But someone skilled in hypnitizm could easily fake his death. But this would be to much like Saw ^^

or

The wolf are both Yuu and Mitsuki. Still no motive is given since it seems that they all met in the net by chance. But two wolfs would make it easy for them to keep it hidden. Both could be seen while the other one acts as the wolf. Possible would be Eiji and Haruka (he would get the perfect alibi if the wolf acts while he is trapped) or glasses guy plus random.

i wonder why there is a file from Mitsuki since seemed to have met the others by "chance". I can't belive anything is coincedense.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I think everybody has his/her reasons to be the wolf:

my guess:
rei or mitsuki (or was it haruka?). I think it would be too obvious for Hajime and Eiji. Why? Well the guys weren't in the room when yuu was getting hit by the wolf, I think Eiji was already captured and he really missed the meeting because of that and Hajime well got a confident feeling about him. So that leaves three girls. Rei has hypnosetic skills and she could do anything on someones mind. On the other hand the fact that yuu hasn't a barcode could mean for me that her closest friend was it haruka or mitsuki - the dark haired girl - can't stand yuu being good friends with others. So maybe as a wolf she just want to get rid off the rest and keep yuu for her alone -> a psychological explanation why yuu hasn't a barcode. sorry if I mistake any names

Another great chapter (6) has been released and now I don't dare to say who's the wolf. In each chapter someone elses move is to be considered as a wolf act and now that person was
hajime

Last edited:

Raijatsu

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm starting to believe that the one who trapped them inside the building isn't with them and the actions of the wolf is always someone else, The true wolf might have killed Rei and is now watching how the others are now killing each other. Then Hajime or Haruka killed Eiji. He intentionally put no code on Yuu so he'd be thought to be the wolf and would be killed by the others

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I'm starting to believe that the one who trapped them inside the building isn't with them and the actions of the wolf is always someone else, The true wolf might have killed Rei and is now watching how the others are now killing each other. Then Hajime or Haruka killed Eiji. He intentionally put no code on Yuu so he'd be thought to be the wolf and would be killed by the others
or could it be

this is all a set up and yuu is the only who doesn't know? which is why he hasn't a barcode. Imo the barcode yuu doesn't have is more then to suspect him. He can't already enter the rooms and now he has to watch on screens what the wolf does

Named

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone else getting the vibe that barcode placement is pertinent

Rei having a barcode on her leg maybe she's lying about being in a wheel chair to escape her past, or she isn't and it could be about her sin of trying to commit suicide, The morphine guy had it near his injection sites, Haruka on her chest has implications, Yuu not having one could imply he's an "innocent"

But who knows.

Raijatsu

Reaction score
Country
Germany
chapter 7 is out. I have to say it is getting more tense with every chapter

Eiji had his barcode on his hand and the Dying message was on his cell-phone. I guess he was telly lies in the internet. He was the type to spread rumors about others ro make fun of them. Just like he made Rei cry.

myth0logy

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
chapter 7 is out. I have to say it is getting more tense with every chapter

true, and I'm starting to think this will be a two-volume set (or, atleast with the pace that everybody keeps getting killed so fast >.<)

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
yes I agree mytology, I also think this will be a short paced story manga

anyway that doesn't necessarily mean it will be bad. Though I didn't like chapter 7 that much, I still have my doubts.

What I really don't hope
Saw copycat: meaning the person lieing there dead, isn't dead for some reason

Viewtiful

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Can someone help me to find RAW from this manga?
I wanted to scanlate it in portuguese, but I can't find the RAWs D:

Nguru80

Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Hmm this series is obviously Seinen ti should be moved to the seinen section.
Except for that - it's a great one.

[eni]No, it's a shounen. It is released in a shounen magazine in japan, not seinen.[/eni]

Last edited by a moderator:

I_heart_Tom

Reaction score
Country
United States
Chapter nine is out now. It's really getting good.
Haruka is now the suspected wolf. She has excellent motives for killing some of the people there. But there's something weird about Rei. I don't know what it is. I read another manga that had people that were pretending to be dead. Like, one guy was cut in half (his other half was hidden under the floor), and the last one cut to pieces (turns out, everyone was being different body parts). What I'm getting at is, what if Rei isn't actually dead? What if she is the one really pulling the strings? And maybe, Haruka is an accomplise as well?

admirenkiwi

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
dude whats up with the spoilers :blink
i guess...
yea...there is a maybe to everything atm. we didnt really see eiji's face either, when he got chopped. plus
the screen went somewhere for awhile...

btw, what happened to the body of the bald dude? maybe he was the one that was hung? :o with hair :p
Lolz im just spouting out nonsense :XD

Last edited:

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
The spoilers are to stop other people from getting spoiled.

I have a feeling that Haruka is gonna be in some form of trap in the room that we saw in chapter 9. If not, we might see another dead body, Haruka's, or someone else's.

Raijatsu

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think Haruka is already dead....
Plus I think the murderer has another motive than the murder Eiji had done.
Often the first victim is the one the murderer hated the most. So imho his motive has something to do with Rei and her past as a medium.

kaloo

Reaction score
Country
United States
My personal opinion is that whoever did it is looking for thrills playing the game. Really though, how many are left. Just the 4, right? I mean they set it up so that they would be playing the deadly game, but the more it progresses the less likely it seems that one of them did it. Unless it was Haruka, but everyone thinks it is so that seems unlikely.

Also it seems like that building is being used for this over and over again. I mean there was so much stuff there. I wonder if beyond that door we'll just find a pile of corpses from previous rounds. THat seems unlikely, but it's my vague speculation.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Guys you don't have to use these spoilers tags - it's kinda annoying. A spoiler tag should only be used when
1. a raw hasn't come out but you got a script and some pictures
2. a untranslated/unscanlated raw is available (that last one isn't obliged, though recommended)
3. you talk about a raw that hasn't been released at mangahelpers

These are scanlated chapters we talk about. These are discussion and predictions we do. These are threads that should be entered on own risk