Shoujo - Miyori no Mori by Oda Hideji | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shoujo Miyori no Mori by Oda Hideji

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Miyori no Mori (Miyori's Forest)
By: Oda Hideji
Genre: Folk Tale
Serialized In: Mystery Bonita
Mangaupdates

Abandoned with her grandparents in the countryside, a young girl escapes to the forest where she encounters the various spirits of the forest in a journey of the heart.

A Miyazki meets Igarashi Daisuke fairy tale about over coming loneliness in the wonders of nature, Midori no Mori is a beautiful story. The art is breath taking and detailed; like Natsume's Book of Friends, Midori is stylistically in the tradition of alternative manga.

Last edited by a moderator:

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shojo] Miyori no Mori by Oda Hideji

It is an awesome journey. To see how a lonely girl managed to open herself through mostly strange encounters with spirits and humans was a nice trip. The art was kinda creepy, should I say it, at first. As if the expressions of the characters are all gloomy and scary. But I'm used to it slowly and then I see the colors of the story. I like it how there are life messages behind little things. A cool series this is. I really wish I could see a golden eagle or see Miyori in her old days, taking care of the forest and solving things with her mom. ^__^

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Re: [Shoujo] Miyori no Mori by Oda Hideji

Kind of hard to think of this as shoujo, but anyway this was a fantastic manga. I hope Kotonoha also does the follow-up books.