Shounen - Smash! by Saki Kaori | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Smash! by Saki Kaori

xxept0

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Has anybody heard of this manga? Even the raws would be really helpful. I've been anticipating this manga for quite a while but still not a whiff of it. I'm not sure, but it used to be published in a now discontinued magazine, and now the same authoress is publishing it in shounen jump as a spiffing new manga.

If anybody has any idea about it, please give me a heads up!

xxept0

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Re: Smash! (Badminton manga)

Thanks so much for the sites! It's a shame nobody is translating/Editing it.. :(

-hopes and waits patiently-

Edit: :o And it's the same magazine as some pretty good mangas like Hajime no Ippo and Fairy Tail.

rankgain

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

xxept0 said:
Thanks so much for the sites! It's a shame nobody is translating/Editing it.. :(

-hopes and waits patiently-

Edit: :o And it's the same magazine as some pretty good mangas like Hajime no Ippo and Fairy Tail.
Well, it's badminton. It doesnt have action and fast paced games that most scanlated sports mangas possess. >.>

xxept0

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Tennis and Ping Pong are quite similar sports. Badminton has a faster pace than tennis and more power factor than Ping Pong. Also, I heard that it's much more realistic than PoT and Ping Pong club. As in, nobody is going to fly up to the middle of the stadium from the court when smashed.

As a badminton fan, it's going to seem bias to me. :darn

mttinhy

Reaction score

if it does have flying moves, i'd love to learn as a badminton player myself :p

LoktarOgar

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
North Korea

OH MY GOD

*faints*

I quit badminton a couple of years ago because I got sick of it (after playing it for over half my life), but other than some old 80's game, I've never heard of any badminton anime/manga/game

rankgain

Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm also quite interested in badminton and it would be great if it gets scanlated, but I doubt it. :(

rankgain

Reaction score
Country
United States

Which board? And thanks for the link.

After reading it, I'll have to agree... Shouta looks like a girl with short hair. His eyes are... shoujo-y. :p
[br]Posted on: January 20, 2007, 05:44:54 PM_________________________________________________SendSpace link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/69n607
For those who hate RapidShare, like me. :darn

LoktarOgar

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
North Korea

The board that's linked to in the first page of this topic. It's on the 2nd page of the topic on that site.

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela

that manga looks very interesting, would be the first sportsmanga i read since some time...
i hope it really doesn't go all high'n'mighty-the-ball-get's-destroyed-by-single-hit style...

i kinda like the drawing style... what i thought it resembles the most is some h-mangas, but at least the girls don't have extreme boobs in here >.<

all in all, I WANT MORE! :yelling

xxept0

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

LoktarOgar, I don't get which site you're talking about. Will it be too much of a bother if you post up the direct link, please?

But thanks so much for the Edited Manga link! I'm so excited some people are showing interest in this manga!

LoktarOgar

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
North Korea

It <i>would</i> be too much of a bother considering you've already visited the site -_-;

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela

LoktarOgar said:
It <i>would</i> be too much of a bother considering you've already visited the site -_-;
i just took a look, and for people that not exactly know french it is really hard to find...
plus, their affiliation with the ritual scan forge forums is kinda... little-mentioned (on the index on the total bottom is the link)
and if you don't know french, then it's even harder to find Edited Mangas for less talked about manga....
not to make you bad, but it wasn't exactly obvious where to find forums there...
http://www.mangas-fr.com/forums/

and thanks for posting about the first chapter being scanlated loktar, really appreciated :)

xxept0

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Thanks. :) Really, i tried looking for the forums but couldn't find it. Sorry for the trouble. Anyway, I'll blindly navigate myself around until I find words which make sense to me!

Aah, but i can't wait for the next Edited Manga. The first manga resembles the first one quite a bit. I don't think the authoress changed it too much. So far nobody has pulled super-powered-smashes or anything like that yet! Hopefully it'll keep up with its realistic pace. Otherwise, we'll have another PoT in our hands.

Nabari

Reaction score
Country
United States

O.o A badminton manga? Sweet.~
My parents used to play badminton and got me to practice when I was little, but they never explained how to play. :darn

aenemic

Reaction score
Country
Norway

give me some more chapters pleease :P Badminton <3