Seinen - MPD Psycho by Otsuka Eiji & Tajima Sho-u | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen MPD Psycho by Otsuka Eiji & Tajima Sho-u

yui-kun

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Hay, guys.

Has anyone read this awesome series? (More info here.) It has a lot of violence, but the story and art is just way too awesome. It has been licensed by Dark Horse and that was a shame because volume 11 had never been scanlated (and fans waited a long time for it to be released). =/

MPD Psycho also has been adapted to a miniseries. Haven't checked it out, though.

zindryr

誰も知らない
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: MPD Psycho

yui-kun said:
It has been licensed by Dark Horse and that was a shame because volume 11 had never been scanlated (and fans waited a long time for it to be released).
It's never a shame when a series gets licensed for release in the US. Unless of course you live elsewhere. It just means that the author gets his well deserved money from fans overseas.

Speaking of the mini-series, I own the DVDs for it. Directed by Takashi Miike, it's quite a good mini-series. Maybe not the best adaptation ever, but I really enjoyed watching it.

ginrai

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

well you might see v11 in the near future dince it was released at the end of 2006!only read up to v4 but it pretty much one of the best seinen/detectives out there!and oh man shinji freeking rocks

yui-kun

Reaction score

Well, I agree that artists should be compensated for their work. But yeah, I was griping about volume 11 being released and a few weeks later all possibilities of it being scanlated had been dashed because of the sudden licensing. LOL. Volume 10 was released, like, 2004, so forgive me if I'm acting a little psychotic here. (=___=;). I don't live in the US, and I've asked around, and I found out that Dark Horse releases cost a small fortune here in my country. and Volume 11 by DH... it will hit bookshelves, like, a year or more from now. TT__TT

anyway, enough of my senseless rants. What chapter/arc do you find most memorable? I'd have to say that mine is the Flower Children case. Yahay. If I think of MPD Psycho, an image of [insert graphic scene here] comes to mind.

LoktarOgar

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
North Korea

<i>Directed by Takashi Miike, it's quite a good mini-series. </i>

*thinks about seeds planted in the brain and that guy pulling plant and brain out of the skull together*

Of course it's directed by Takashi Miike, how could it not be. Though I don't even know if that scene is in the series >_>

ginrai

Reaction score
Country
Belgium

k caught up to chapter71 which is v11!

things are getting more and more complex with shinji's personality existing in the time before the Amamiya personality existed and also he voluntaraly implanted the other personality's in him and the current serial killer could be possiblebly the kid i like where this gaiden is headed but i sure wish the revive Amamiya/shinji cuze the present isn't the same without him.

Hitsugaya_333

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I just finished vol. 1, and I'm going to read the rest in the next week or so (along with Vagabond :amuse ).

This series is great, and shows a lot of promise. :tem

I'll probably just read vol. 11 at my local Borders. I'm not going to buy it. >.>

ako

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

k caught up to chapter71 which is v11!

things are getting more and more complex with shinji's personality existing in the time before the Amamiya personality existed and also he voluntaraly implanted the other personality's in him and the current serial killer could be possiblebly the kid i like where this gaiden is headed but i sure wish the revive Amamiya/shinji cuze the present isn't the same without him.

where did you get chapter 71? :blink
I've been looking for more chapters for YEARS now :darn

so... it was licenced, huh? no wonder...
does anyone know leviathan? it was by the same author, (as far as I know) was it licenced too? it too, stoped at volume 10 :(

asuka23

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: MPD Psycho by Otsuka Eiji & Tajima Sho-u (v13)

Since the manga has already finished publishing, does anybody know the total number of chapters for MPD Psycho?

ginrai

Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Since the manga has already finished publishing, does anybody know the total number of chapters for MPD Psycho?
where did you hear that MPD was finished?so far i know eiji otsuka took one of his breaks for MPD to finish kurosagi corpse delivery service!

asuka23

Reaction score
Country
United States

where did you hear that MPD was finished?so far i know eiji otsuka took one of his breaks for MPD to finish kurosagi corpse delivery service!
Mangaupdates listed MPD Psycho's status as completed a couple of weeks back. Guess that was a mistake then. They changed it back to on-going again recently.

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

It was actually listed as complete on several websites a while back when I checked. Gonna change the thread status to ongoing again \o/

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Has anyone else read this? I've been reading the Dark Horse releases and I have really been enjoying it :tem Its a series that really deserves more attention.

Dive

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I love this series. I was so ecstatic when Dark Horse licensed it. I have the first five volumes. They're kinda hard to find around here, so I usually have to buy one whenever I find one.

Vespertine

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
i have read up to volume 4 now, im hoping to find the rest by january.

Enn

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
The art (i.e. cover pages, killing methods of the criminals) of this manga is beautiful. I have stopped reading this manga, but when I get the time (summer break, maybe) I will most definitely continue reading this again.

SSJ Fighter

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
stopped it after 1 vol.
the art was good but the bg was a bit lacking, did that change over the time?

it was crazy enough tho lol

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It certainly is psychological but I would compare it to Berserk where the reader just has to take breaks while reading, even long ones like a week or two to just grasp in maybe read some comedy in the process. The violence part is actually the core of, the story is not that good imo. I forgot where I left this off. >.>