1. The Animal Photography! contest is now open. Capture those beautiful creatures and share them with us.

Congrats to riki for winning the Short Story contes!!
  2. The first voting day of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  4. Nominate your favorites now!
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Theory Gowther's Origin?

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by Holt, Feb 28, 2015.

1. LionSinOfPride

LionSinOfPride Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

United States
    Just read chapter 176 and it was confirmed that indeed Meliodas was the former demon king so your theory about gowther could
    Be spot on!

2. Gallon

Gallon ARFichoke

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    Meliodas was the one suitable to become the successor to the Demon King - he's never been the Demon King.
    And besides, if Meliodas had given Gowther his decree, which he did not, he could have probably removed the effects of that very decree.

ShadowCT6 likes this.
  3. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Mahesvara

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    Maybe Gowther was Meliodas's personal bodyguard/ attendant or something. His prototype had a role like that.

Calum, ShadowCT6 and Yakkun like this.
  4. Yakkun

Yakkun Registered User

Germany
    This would be cool! It would also fit his theme of selflessness, ready to give his life for Meliodas at any time.

5. ShadowCT6

ShadowCT6 Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Brazil
    After the chapter 176, I started to think about this too! That's why I also guess that the reason why Gowther had been cursed by his own commandment may be linked to the reason why Meliodas betrayed the Demon Clan. Or, maybe, Gowther was cursed because he made something selfish or greedy to Meliodas (like take the demon throne).

6. Calum

Calum Registered User

Scotland
    Do you think Gowther plotted to rebel against the demon king?

7. ShadowCT6

Brazil
    Well, I also have a theory that the Demon King felt in danger with Meliodas substituting him, once the late was the strongest commandment. Than, he (the DK) asked Gowther to put Meliodas out of his way. However, Gowther refused to do this, so, it lead to happen one of the following with the refusing: Gowther's commandment activated (because he wasn't "selfless" to do the task); or the DK personally cursed Gowther with his own commandment (which I think it's the most probable).
    Considering Gowther's commandment an its effects, I find pretty interesting how he could be cursed by his own commandment and what were the circumstances that lead to this. It is indeed very curious.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 2, 2016, Original Post Date: Jun 2, 2016 ---
    Another thing that may caused Gowther get cursed is related to his Balor Magical Eye. He probably stolen it from Dolor and this kind of thing broke the commandment, making him lost his memories and feelings (and possibly transforming him into a doll too). Actually, the hability to read the others mind is given because of this Balor Magical Eye.

8. Calum

Calum Registered User

Scotland
    I had a theory similar along the lines of that. The demon king was slowly over time becoming to see Meliodas as a threat and Gowther knew about this. Gowther attempted toget Mel on his side to rebel but Mel was too loyal to betray the DK at that time. So Gowther being unable to get to receive the support from Mel made him leave the ranks of the commandments and in turn inuring his own commandment on himself. Though i think it was more of a personal desire for Gowther as to why he left and fell to his own decree.

ShadowCT6 likes this.
  9. ShadowCT6

Brazil
    Interesting. I've seen a theory similar to our both in Reddit, but even more interesting. Check it out:

Calum likes this.
  10. TylerHawke

TylerHawke Registered User

United States
    Yeah I wasn't really serious about that prediction (if you even call it that)

But I doubt Gowther will get a heart since he is a doll that was created. & I think the sins will function better without a "leader". Ban can get things done yeah but I don't see him leading the sins. They just devise a plan together, each says their ideas & work around it to find the best solution. If you think about it, Mel is their "leader" but in no way was he actually leading them. He even said their greatest strength is their lack of cooperation or something like that. Plus all their personalities nobody can "lead" them. Just devise a plan & execute it

11. Calum

Calum Registered User

Scotland
    Unless Gowther gets his original body back.

12. TylerHawke

United States
    Was it ever stated he had an "original" body? I don't remember all I remember was his commandment wiped his memory & any emotions he may have had.

Mard Geer likes this.
  13. Tragicdeath

Tragicdeath Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United States
    Yeah sarcasm is the name of the game. And I think all of your posts were sarcasms, I get it. Anyhow, Im not really sure if you are being sarcastic bout Gowther getting a heart but ok I think he just stated he joined the suppose to be arc tournament coz he would hope having a heart once he win. I think there are 3 types of leadership FYI. Autocratic, Laisez faire and the democratic one. So you were absolutely defining Mel as a democratic one but still he is a leader. Yeah dont worry Mel is not alone because in real world hospitals are dealing different personalities because they are governed by democratic type of leadership.:cheez

Mard Geer likes this.
  14. Mard Geer

Mard Geer Registered User

Tartaros
    Except, you know, there some spells that Gowther brings back all his memory, maybe TC will fcked-up or as a former TC, he's not as strong as entire TC? Is it?

15. TylerHawke

United States
    Maybe, I mean its possible once he gets his commandment back & he regains all his memories + the memories he's already made (that in itself could be him getting a heart?) Idk I do know he wants to understand human emotions so maybe getting his commandment back will fix everything. It might even help him remember a way to restore memories that he's erased from somebody else (Diane). Idk if its me but I just find it hard you can erased & rewrite someone's memories, yet you can't restore them.

Mard Geer likes this.
  16. Mard Geer

Tartaros
    OMG, if Diane's memory back, that means, all of her childhood memory of King, and her feelings for him..YAS!!!

17. TylerHawke

United States
    Plus her skills as a fighter too if she combines that with what she learns from Matronna.

18. Calum

Calum Registered User

Scotland
    Why would Gowthers body originally be a doll?. His doll form is based off his original body I think.

19. Mard Geer

Tartaros
    Even dangerous than before. In that case she can par with Dolor one-on-one.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 13, 2016, Original Post Date: Jun 13, 2016 ---
    In that case, if Gowther put back all his memory, emotions and heart, does his body change back to it's "original form"?

20. TylerHawke

United States
    That's the thing we dont know exactly. We just know he's a doll (right now). Could that change? Yeah sure, but for now we don't know much else.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 13, 2016, Original Post Date: Jun 13, 2016 ---
    Maybe not one on one. I think Diane's fight with Dolor will be a 2v1 with maybe Matronna playing a supportive role in assisting Diane & she ultimately finishes him off unless Elizabeth somehow is able to convert Dolor & Gloxina & turn them against the TC. I also wonder what would happen if Hendrickson used "Purge" on those two.

Well idk about his "original" form. He "appears" to be the same according to the flashback maybe his "original form" is just him with everything in tact. Gowther goes based on facts & logic (Kinda) so I'm saying with whatever happened that made him quit being a TC 3k years ago + what he's been through w/ the sins & Co. since his introduction & getting his memories & emotions back will be his "heart"?

Plus if he is an original demon & not a doll wouldn't he already have a heart, if not several? Unless his decree wiped his memory along with his emotions & removed his hearts. Idk its too confusing with so little to go on.

Mard Geer likes this.