1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Want to try an epicly kawaii RPG? Check this out!
  3. Time for a new Photography Art Contest! Submissions for Bad Weather Photography Contest has begun. Enjoying those beautiful weathers, show off your photography skill!

Also, you may vote for your favorite piece in the Summer Art Contest Manga Helpers Flag !
  4. The Manga League is finally here!
  5. World Cup 2018 has begun. Come discuss everything about the tournament HERE!
  6. The MangaHelpers Waifu Wars 2018 have entered its third round! Fight for your Waifu now!
  7. The new season of the Anime League is here!
  8. The Tokyo Ghoul Awards have begun! Nominate your favorite moments and characters now!
  9. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!

Two Cour Grancrest Senki

Discussion in 'Anime and Drama Archive' started by Arjuna, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!

India
    [​IMG]

Episodes:Unknown
    Airing Date:Jan 5,2018
    Producers:Aniplex of America,A-1 Pictures
    Genre:Action,Fantasy

Synopsis

On a continent ruled by chaos, the Lords have the power of a holy seal that can calm the chaos and protect the people. However, before anyone realizes it, the rulers cast aside their creed of purifying the chaos, and instead start to fight each other for each other's holy seals to gain dominion over one another. Shiruuka, an isolated mage who scorns the Lords for abandoning their creed, and a wandering knight named Theo, who is on a journey to train to one day liberate his hometown, make an everlasting oath to work together to reform this continent dominated by wars and chaos.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
  2. Jammin

Jammin Androssi Worshiper

Mangahelper

United States
    First episode was a pretty decent start.

Epic fantasy, empire building series. I'm kind of in the mood for one of these so I'm willing to give it a lot of leeway. So far so good though. Main character went along with the flow maybe a little more than made sense but I'm definitely interested to see where this goes regardless.

Arjuna likes this.
  3. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    Agree with Jammin.

The episode had a nice start.

Especially with the concept of Chaos and and magic theme.

It may turn like the First season of Shingeki no Bahmut.

@Seven777 you may want to try this.

Seven777 and Jammin like this.
  4. Seven777

Seven777 Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Australia
    An interesting start. The world being built is intriguing, i especially like the part about absorbing strength through defeated demons and subdued humans, gathering power through a method like that is suited to my tastes.

I like the main girl and her butler. Dunno how i feel about that young dude, not a fan of the naive, do-gooder type characters who get all up in peoples faces when their ideals that dont match his own, especially as a main protagonist, but what i do like is characters like that being crushed under the weight of their world, and taking a darker route. Seeing him take the crest of that lord makes me think he might be an interesting character, but if he sticks with the good guy thing i know he'll eventually start to piss me off.

Jammin, Wowzers and Arjuna like this.
  5. Jammin

Mangahelper

United States
    That's an interesting take on it. Very different from my own too.

I like "do-gooder" protagonists just fine(If anything it's the darker routes I don't care for.). But I also have some reservations about the MC. Mine stem from the fact that I don't think he was "up in peoples faces" enough. I thought the mage girl pretty much showed up and took the lead and he just kind of meekly went along with it. I like to see a little more backbone from my protagonists. It's early yet though, so I'm hopeful that we'll still get that.

Seven777 likes this.
  6. Seven777

Seven777 Registered User

Australia
    Ha, yeah, characters pushing their own ideals on others really triggers me. I became skeptical of the MC the moment he said "crests are for protecting people" when that soldier was talking about trying to get one so he could become a lord.
    I dont mind a backbone in a protagonist, or even the do-gooder side to them, its when they start talking about it to other people, especially opponents, thats when i get pissed.

7. Zasz

Zasz Bishoujo Collector

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

Mangahelper

Italy
    Hmm, I smell adventures, romance, empire building and epicness.
    Hope this series will live up to my expectations though.
    Siluca is a strong character, that's for sure (and her uniform is simply: wow :hurr), but I hope that she won't obscure Theo's one.
    Either way, I'm looking forward to the next episode!

8. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    I bet Theo will have a character development when faced with some dire situation.

Zasz likes this.
  9. Jammin

Mangahelper

United States
    Another solid episode. Lots of fun cast additions. I feel like those alone are going to keep this show worth watching. The Cait Sith and the purple haired warrior pervert are definitely a big plus for me.:^_^

The MC though... I still feel like he's almost devoid of personality.:neutral

Arjuna likes this.
  10. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    This episode is even better than the first one.

Man this show is becoming one of my favourites.

That new girl :hurr

It will only make Zasz go ......

I hope this show becomes a hit.

Jammin likes this.
  11. Seven777

Seven777 Registered User

Australia
    Good episode, wouldve preferred the mage battle involved more magic though, and that buff dude was totally a rip off of Greed from FMA.
    i like the rate the MC is gathering power, build up is good and all, but i want to see an all out war before the season ends. Love the new girl, the butler is still my favorite character though. Didnt mind the MC as much as last episode, but all this talk of "ideals" has me nervous.

Arjuna likes this.
  12. Jammin

Mangahelper

United States
    This show is getting better and better. I finally feel like Theo is establishing himself a bit too.

Also didn't expect expect them to go quite as bloody as the did with the battles but I'm glad they did. It never feels right to me when there are big battles but somehow no blood. It's just a lot more impressive when the supporting cast looks like they aren't taking it easy on people.

Also... Aishela. [​IMG]

Arjuna likes this.
  13. Seven777

Seven777 Registered User

Australia
    Conquering a kingdom already? Damn, things are moving along even faster than i'd hoped.
    Im confused about Siluca, i had always assumed she had some ulterior motive for supporting Theo, but this episode it makes it seem like all she really cares about is making Theo's dreams come true and is actually feeling guilty for not including him more in the decision making process. Did Siluca really just join Theo for the hell of it? Does she really not have some master plan?

Arjuna likes this.
  14. Jammin

Mangahelper

United States
    My takeaway was that people like her are expected to be the adviser of some lord. The lord she was supposed to serve was the guy she helped Theo overthrow so now she's essentially his court mage. The basic structure seems a bit like how the world of the Witcher games work.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    Arjuna and Seven777 like this.
  15. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India

Only if FT had this in the last arc war.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    Seven777 and Jammin like this.
  16. Jammin

Mangahelper

United States
    Yet, another great episode.

It's awesome how well they have managed to blend the strategy, politics, and the fighting. With a plot that takes twists and turns that feel like actual twists and turns. So far this feels like what I wanted Arslan Senki and Shoukoku no Altair to be.

Arjuna and Zasz like this.
  17. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    And my ship of Theo X Siluca happening.

Fully agree with you on the points you mentioned.

Jammin likes this.
  18. Seven777

Seven777 Registered User

Australia
    It was good to see a real army in action, they were absolutely savage at the start of the episode, even Siluca didnt stand a chance against a group of them. Those knights were clearly a cut above that small time King's soldiers, totally getting massacred on that hill by one dude. Glad their king is dead too, not interested in seeing any more of him,. I wonder how the series will progress from here, seems like a waste of episodes to have the MC build up this nation only to lose it and become a regular knight.

19. Jammin

Mangahelper

United States
    Theo certainly lands on his feet.

One episode later he's taken over a vampire lords territory and got himself a pair of twin demi-human maids. What an admirable lord.

[​IMG]
    Anybody else getting the feeling that this new lord is setting him up as a replacement in case he were to get taken out? I mean, he's fully aware that the guy who took over the first two provinces he had a hold of is 100% loyal to Theo and would hand all of it back as soon as Theo asks. Now I feel like he intentionally gave him a political mission which gave him the chance to gain more allies and on top of it seemingly gave him control of the vampire's former territory.

That looks to me like he's not using the Theo like a Knight so much as building him up to be a King.

Zasz, Arjuna and Wowzers like this.
  20. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    Wow great episode as usual.

Man we got to see more world building and see new races.And got the hint of the Grand Hall Tragedy.

And got more new info.And the Werewolf maids joined.Rem and Ram.

I fully agree.Theo will get his position and the Emperor Crest ultimately.

Jammin likes this.