Who Wins

• Total voters

Mirage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
On bold part:
Normally, that would true. But what about the instance where Gray had his "darkness mode" (for lack of a better term), and went toe to toe with partial END? A weaker(less demonized) version of partial END was strong enough to overpower Dimaria's hax.

I'm referring to this:
I completely forgot about END Natsu overpowering Dimaria's hax. Dimaria is superior to Brandish as well so the latter's hax should cancel out on Darkness Gray.

Though to be fair, Brandish does have better hax feats than Dimaria. Command T working on Base Natsu is more impressive than Age Seal working on Base Wendy and Chelia. I'm willing to overlook it just because of how fucked up Dimaria was after END Natsu was done with her, and Darkness Gray was matching him so.

Gray should win then.

grey matter

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
I completely forgot about END Natsu overpowering Dimaria's hax. Dimaria is superior to Brandish as well so the latter's hax should cancel out on Darkness Gray.

Though to be fair, Brandish does have better hax feats than Dimaria. Command T working on Base Natsu is more impressive than Age Seal working on Base Wendy and Chelia. I'm willing to overlook it just because of how fucked up Dimaria was after END Natsu was done with her, and Darkness Gray was matching him so.

Gray should win then.
On bold part:
I'm not really sure about that. Dimaria's hax worked on Brandish as well, not just Wendy and Chellia. Who has higher magic power, Brandish or base Natsu? They could be around similar levels as well.

Brandish μ

Can you?
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Gray wasn't in darkness mode tho. It was used only against partial END.

partial END was strong enough to overpower Dimaria's hax in a weaker (less demonized) state than when he fought Gray. Gray had some advantage with Devil Slayer magic (not as much as against actual demons tho, since Natsu was still mostly human), but he was matching partial END in speed, strength and attack power. Darkness Gray is definitely partial END tier, so he would be strong enough to resist Brandish's hax (assuming Brandish and Dimaria has around same magic power)
That doesn't mean Gray's power was like END's in type or in amount.

Gray can simply fight at that level when he's emotionally powered.

Natsu oneshotted Enchanted Neinhart. Brandish' power works on Natsu but not Enchanted Neinhart, yet combat wise, Natsu is superior.

Look, for the sake of this discussion, if I ignore the instant oneshot ability, Gray wins both rounds. It might just be that PoF can spike up and make FT hax immune - that would not surprise me.

Mirage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
On bold part:
I'm not really sure about that. Dimaria's hax worked on Brandish as well, not just Wendy and Chellia. Who has higher magic power, Brandish or base Natsu? They could be around similar levels as well.
Base Natsu for sure lmao.

Vex_Haid

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Gray stomps since no restrictions, darkness gray was on par with END who is above brandish's weight class

Loke

Reaction score
Country
United States
Both jobbers. I'll back Gray since he tends to job less.

Sevently

Reaction score
Country
France
even Darkness Gray is not having more MP than Brandish. She one-shot.

Zero001

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Gray is so underrated when I see the votes.
The most ironic thing is that if you see the votes of characters overrated, Gray is supposedly considered overrated, it's too ridiculous despite how he is despised here, Gray loses a fight and boom the exaggeration, Natsu or Erza lose a fight and the great amount of excuses they get.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
The most ironic thing is that if you see the votes of characters overrated, Gray is supposedly considered overrated, it's too ridiculous despite how he is despised here
Yes, I have seen that. He is the most overrated character just after Mirajane.... Well, like you said, a clear paradox despite how he is despised here. A bad joke.

Vex_Haid

Reaction score
Country
Canada
gray is underrated, not overrated

Zero001

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Yes, I have seen that. He is the most overrated character just after Mirajane.... Well, like you said, a clear paradox despite how he is despised here. A bad joke.
Yes, it doesn't make sense
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And that's the irony here for some he is supposedly overrated

Vex_Haid

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yes, it doesn't make sense
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And that's the irony here he's supposedly overrated
nah, brandish is overrated

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Yes, he is underrated by far, here. We made an analogy between the result here and the topic of "the most overrated characters" where Gray has the most votes with Mirajane. Like Zero001 said, it doesn't make sense.

AmitDS

Reaction score
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Can't Brandish just one shot him with her hax from the start? I mean her power did work on him in 100 years quest and there's no evidence that he can or has the type of magical power or the volume of said power to just cancel out her hax.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
If Gray is in his 'darkness' mode, there isn't any argument for Brandish haxing him at all. Considering he was outright equal to partial END, when a less demonized END overpowered Dimaria's hax and no diff'd her

This is even ignoring the baseless scaling of Brandish's MP above x793 DeS Gray, and her "organ burst" in combat.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Brandish should take this

ERICTHENALUFAN

Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
Gray starts in devil slayer mode. No restrictions for Brandish

Round 1: no "darkness" mode
Round 2: darkness mode allowed

Who wins, and what difficulty?
R1: Brandish, maybe
R2: Gray destroys

Sevently

Reaction score
Country
France
Brandish stomp, Even "Darkness" Gray is not beating her. It was already stated that END has time resistance which allow him to moove in Dimaria timestop. It was never said that Darkness Gray has more MP than Brandish, but the opposite was shown.