Battle Round 2 - Grimmjow Jaegerjaques vs. Tanjirou Kamado | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Battle Round 2 Grimmjow Jaegerjaques vs. Tanjirou Kamado

Who wins?

• Grimmjow Jaegerjaques

• Tanjirou Kamado

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind

Grimmjow Jaegerjaques
Bleach
Tanjirou Kamado
Kimetsu no Yaiba

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I don't have time for a bigger post today but please enjoy Grimmjow's voice in the meantime. Here's another song from him for those who think he's only good at fighting.

Copy Panda

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
China
How did Grimmjow get here? Who did he have to beat that was so bad he advanced instead
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Best boy Tanjirou cannot lose to gucci mane

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
How did Grimmjow get here? Who did he have to beat that was so bad he advanced instead

Best boy Tanjirou cannot lose to gucci mane
He got here by a super supportive fan base and husbando qualities of course.

May I just drop a little work I did in my AMV phase, in the late 2000s lol as support? :fan

A bit super cheasy from today's standard but I was young and was hot for the views and short term traction of the Espada fandom. :teehee

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
Wait, you made this?

Damn says 11 years ago so you did make this when you were young

Impressive ngl
--- Double Post Merged, ---

So you tag this to promote Grimmjow as husbando, and the first thing he does is stab a girl in her chest

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
She's an enemy, those need to be eliminated, no matter the gender. He's a tame kitty otherwise. I think.

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
Actually he went there on his own accord, Aizen told them to leave m alone iirc

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Actually he went there on his own accord, Aizen told them to leave m alone iirc
Aizen doesn't dictate who Grimmjow's enemies are: A man makes his own destiny. In fact, Aizen was also Grimmjow's enemy.

As I made a point of in the previous battle:
"Does Grimmjow beat women up? Yes. Grimmjow is a man who believes in gender equality. You can be a man, a woman, or any other gender (what was Luppi exactly?): if you're his enemy he'll beat you up (or blow you) with no regard for consequences. But will you be his enemy? Would you stand in your husbandos way? Of course not! There are few more openly progressive characters than him."

The gender of whoever Grimmjow stabs is non-important, and let's not ignore that he did show at later arcs that he can work together with multiple shinigami characters (and even the insufferable Kon) and not just try to kill any of them, so let's not paint Grimmjow as if he would kill anyone in sight in any situation.

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
So what happens if he suddenly unilaterally decides you [partner] become the enemy? His temperament is terrible

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
So what happens if he suddenly unilaterally decides you [partner] become the enemy? His temperament is terrible
And for what reason would that happen? He does love fighting and becoming stronger, but he's not insane and he always makes very clear who his enemies and allies are. In that scene, Rukia, as a shinigami and exterminator of Hollows, would have been an enemy no matter the circumstance back then.

Back when he wasn't an Arrancar he lived in a world of "the strong eat the weak" and he had to constantly fight to de death and eat his hollow peers out of necessity (he would otherwise regress in his evolution and would eventually even lose his capability of thought in the process). Even in that kind of environment where it would be understandable for him to be a sociopath, he once faced a group of capable but weaker hollows that intended to prey on him. He could have eaten or killed them, but they showed him sympathy and respect, so he took them under his wing. He never killed them and he kept them close, and this didn't change when he became an Arrancar nor when he joined Aizen. Those others died in battle in the anime, but they were for centuries with Grimmjow and he never ever turned on them. If he didn't turn on those hollow, why would you turn on his wife?

He had further character development later on both on the last arc and on the last novels. He can live with people and cooperate even with former enemies without abusing or attacking anyone. Even with shinigami.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
"Does Grimmjow beat women up? Yes. Grimmjow is a man who believes in gender equality. You can be a man, a woman, or any other gender (what was Luppi exactly?): if you're his enemy he'll beat you up (or blow you) with no regard for consequences. But will you be his enemy? Would you stand in your husbandos way? Of course not! There are few more openly progressive characters than him."
Bold post I must say. While progressiveness is good for some things, others not so much. Chivalry of men can be a beautiful thing, when done subtly, like my man Obi does (please vote for Obi, people!). So would Grimmjow have the capacity to do some things the 'old way', for example, open a door for his lady?

Another question - how does it go kissing a man with some bones stuck on his face? I prefer my man removes his mask to engage me. So I'd like to know if Grimmy can kiss me normally.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
BLANDjiro is so bland, don't know how he is liked by anyone but Zenitsu ^_^

Grimmjow JaggerJack ftw.

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
And for what reason would that happen? He does love fighting and becoming stronger, but he's not insane and he always makes very clear who his enemies and allies are. In that scene, Rukia, as a shinigami and exterminator of Hollows, would have been an enemy no matter the circumstance back then.

Back when he wasn't an Arrancar he lived in a world of "the strong eat the weak" and he had to constantly fight to de death and eat his hollow peers out of necessity (he would otherwise regress in his evolution and would eventually even lose his capability of thought in the process). Even in that kind of environment where it would be understandable for him to be a sociopath, he once faced a group of capable but weaker hollows that intended to prey on him. He could have eaten or killed them, but they showed him sympathy and respect, so he took them under his wing. He never killed them and he kept them close, and this didn't change when he became an Arrancar nor when he joined Aizen. Those others died in battle in the anime, but they were for centuries with Grimmjow and he never ever turned on them. If he didn't turn on those hollow, why would you turn on his wife?

He had further character development later on both on the last arc and on the last novels. He can live with people and cooperate even with former enemies without abusing or attacking anyone. Even with shinigami.
Idk fam, maybe the waifu isn't a hollow? You're food to him, literally a snack. Enjoy the honeymoon

BLANDjiro is so bland, don't know how he is liked by anyone but Zenitsu ^_^

Grimmjow JaggerJack ftw.
Idk what your exact stance is but indeed fuck Zenitsu

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Bold post I must say. While progressiveness is good for some things, others not so much. Chivalry of men can be a beautiful thing, when done subtly, like my man Obi does (please vote for Obi, people!). So would Grimmjow have the capacity to do some things the 'old way', for example, open a door for his lady?
I'm not against having manners, of course, but I don't believe manners, or chivalry as you put it, is a thing that needs to come from a man and be directed towards a woman, exclusively. Rather, the way I see it, a man should open a door both for his lady but also for fellow men, and so should the lady also open the door for his husbando from time to time.

Unfortunately Grimmjow has never been in a relationship for the duration of his series, but his character had great improvements during the series after Aizen's fall, showing that the "humanity" he showed to his fellow "Fracción" wasn't just a one time thing, but something that can further develop now that his environment is better. I'm sure when he gets in love he won't mistreat her. He treated his men better than Vegeta did when they both first appeared and we all know how that one turned out; Grimmjow has simply not yet met his waifu, and it won't matter if she will be a fellow hollow or anything else.

Another question - how does it go kissing a man with some bones stuck on his face? I prefer my man removes his mask to engage me. So I'd like to know if Grimmy can kiss me normally.
There's enough free space on his mouth to kiss, but no, I have to admit that the only way to remove his mask is for him to undergo Resurrección and that's only an option if his partner is up for some furry experiencie (but let's not discriminate the guy for not being human. He's 95% humanoid).

Idk fam, maybe the waifu isn't a hollow? You're food to him, literally a snack. Enjoy the honeymoon
Grimmjow can eat anyone regardless of species, so being a hollow wouldn't make his waifu feel any safer, but there are two reasons why he wouldn't eat his human partner:

- The first one is basically what I explained in my previous post about him not really being the indiscriminate psycho that he appeared to be during his first appearance. He both evolved from that and was shown to have been different all along from his flashbacks, even though he indeed loves fighting. But fighting and trying to be the strongest is just a hobby as valid as any. Other like to paint, others collect coins, he tries to become the king of the hollows, let the man enjoy his free time.

- The second one is that he wouldn't feed on the soul of some random human as a snack, since that soul can't even fill a normal hollow, it wouldn't even open up Grimmjow's [a Menos Grande (+100 fused hollows/souls) that has devoured many other Menos Grandes before he regained a consciousness] appetite.

Tatsumaki

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Last time we reviewed what made Tanjirou a great family man
So this time...
...What makes Tanjiro a great husband ? Part 1

NOW what is very important ? That your husband think you're beautiful AND that he tells the world you are ! Tanjirou can be your hypeman ! He will tell the world you're beautiful and won't drop the argument till even haters admits it.

In a dire situation (and even on regular days) you will always be his absolute priority.

I know what you're gonna say, ''so he was gonna let those villagers die'' and come on, between strangers and your loved ones who would you have saved ? Exactly.

On a more spicy note, he has the stamina to last ALL night. Thanks to his job as a demon hunter, he's used to sleepless nights with lots of physical activities.

He will push you to follow yourt heart and be who you want to be/ do what you want to do.
If it's important for you, then it matters.

He's observative and have a very good sense of smell which will help him know if you're sad, angry, sick, frustrated, etc. thus he will know when to help you, talk to you and when to give you space because you want to be left alone, whitout you even having to say anything.

Honest. Because Tanjirou can't lie. Litterally.
Thus he will never cheat on you or hid anything from you. You can completely trust him which is something very important in any relationship.

Tanjirou is a very affectionate person. He's so full of love. Always worried about others and eager to help them. He also love giving head pats and cuddles.

Please once again
Vote for Tanjirou !

See you next round for Part 2 ? :lovebunny

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Unfortunately Grimmjow has never been in a relationship for the duration of his series, but his character had great improvements during the series after Aizen's fall, showing that the "humanity" he showed to his fellow "Fracción" wasn't just a one time thing, but something that can further develop now that his environment is better. I'm sure when he gets in love he won't mistreat her. He treated his men better than Vegeta did when they both first appeared and we all know how that one turned out; Grimmjow has simply not yet met his waifu, and it won't matter if she will be a fellow hollow or anything else.
I don't subscribe to the notion that being in a relationship or having experience makes you a better husbando, so you're good in my eyes. So your main point here is that Grimmy has the capacity to be a good person? Passable.

Okay, it'll take some getting used to but I think we can be intimate with this.

but let's not discriminate the guy for not being human.
Hmm, there have been part-woman-part-dogs in this event which I consider a no-go.

Tanjirou can be your hypeman ! He will tell the world you're beautiful and won't drop the argument till even haters admits it.
Isn't that girl his sister? If true, I can accept that this trait is transferable to romance, which makes Tanjirou a good guy.

In a dire situation (and even on regular days) you will always be his absolute priority.
Ah, that's such a relief to know. Great point.

On a more spicy note, he has the stamina to last ALL night
Oh snap you shoulda mentioned this one earlier for an insta-vote :hurr

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I don't subscribe to the notion that being in a relationship or having experience makes you a better husbando, so you're good in my eyes. So your main point here is that Grimmy has the capacity to be a good person? Passable.
That is my main point when asked if Grimmjow is capable of old style chivalry, yes, since I don't believe a husbando needs that I prefer talking about how has Grimmjow shown the ability of both being a good person and, at different times, proper gratitude. Those two elements, if honest, are enough for a proper relationship, which is a relationship of "giving and taking with respect", not of serving as a knight.

Some women may want an old-school chivalrous man, and that's cool, to each their own tastes, but I won't argue that Grimmjow is something he is not.

:grumble I should really think about making a proper post before it's too late.

I'll say, though, that Grimmjow and Tanjiro really shouldn't enter a stamina competition, given Grimmjow's both supernatural nature, the environment he comes from, and the fact that he ages at a much slower rate than a human. He'll remain a young and energetic stallion panther for the rest of his human partner's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.