Shounen - Gunslinger Girl by Aida Yu | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Gunslinger Girl by Aida Yu

kiddo7

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Has any one read/seen the manga/anime gunslinger girl? I think it is one of the best animes out there and the manga as usuall is at least as good if not better. I am not sure what category it belongs to because it has all the guns and action that boys are interesteed in but it's main charatcters are cute little girls and the stories are a lot more emotional than anyone reading the tittle might be able to imagine.

anyway, I have seen all 13 episodes of the anime and tottaly loved it and then Istarted reading the manga but I had to stop at volume three because i could not find anymore scanlated chapters, at least not in english. If you know anyplace I can get my hands on scans after volume 3 (starting at chapter 18 would be coolest) could you please post a link or something.

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Is gunslinger girl a seinen?

According to what I've seen, Gunslinger Girl is classified as Seinen, under the sub category of Shoujo ^^ Seinen is defined as being a genre for young men/teen boys with a more developed plotline and a little bit less of an emphasis on action ^^ Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong XD

I don't know where you coudl get it, though. have you tried #lurk on IRC?

kiddo7

Reaction score
Country
Austria

Come on, don't tell me no one here knows where to find this awesome manga for download

kiddo7

Reaction score
Country
Austria

thanks for the links man.

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Well, that's for the manga. If you guys wants it on anime, here's the link. Gunslinger Girl with a lot of other anime like FMA, Air gear, Grenadier and many more are hosted here for DIRECT DOWNLOAD. Yes, and for free as well.

Note: If it state it's Offline and won't return, that means that's it. Some of these anime disallow the use of Download Managers.

Hope that helps.

http://www.muffindomain.com/index.php?page=anime.html

kiddo7

Reaction score
Country
Austria

Thanks a lot bax, I have seen the entire anime once already but I never downloaded it and then the site that was hosting the streams practically died. I hated myself for not trying to download them when I had the chance, so thanks a lot.

Sintendo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Last edited by a moderator:

ginrai

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Re: Gunslinger Girl Volume 4

OH MY FREAKING GOD THANK YOU THANK YOU 4 picking up gunslinger girl it was one of my favorite manga's until(soon it will be again thx to you) ADV dropped their production of the series!but to be honest the series is a seinen series so you posted it it in the wrong section so barbapapa will move it to the other section probably!also i'm training myself a ltle to be an editor but i'm still a noobie but if you need an editor i offer myself to help you with this great project!

zindryr

誰も知らない
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Sintendo

Reaction score
Country
United States

Not really shounen since the target audience isn't really gender specific, and it doesn't contain lots of action...

well actually the lolis with guns thing might appeal to guys out there, but that's not the kind of shounen that's commonly referred to...

I just think that GSG is so unique in its story that It can't be classified into one single genre of manga.

zindryr

誰も知らない
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada

We're using shounen/seinen as a general age specification in this particular instance. Or at least I am. If it's not specifically aimed at 18-25 year olds, then it belongs in this section. That magazine it was serialized in from what I could tell wasn't aimed at the somewhat older audience that seinen implies, which is why I was mentioning that it probably does belong in this section.

In my opinion, shounen and seinen are merely umbrella genres that encompass a target age range.

kiddo7

Reaction score
Country
Austria

You are my new hero. I don't know why God has looked favorably apon me these deys but it seems like people are suddenly coming out of the blue to continue Editing all the dropped mangas that used to be my favorites.
A thousand thank yous, and if I suddenly hit it big and become a millionaie tomorow i will surly remember you.

fieryeagle

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam

My thanks...it is indeed my top 10 manga (same goes for the anime, it's rare to find both really good).
As for what type of manga it is, I'd say it's for both genres (not for young kids of course - guns and blood never are), don't ever be fooled by the impression of young girls holding guns. All it meant was a sad touch as intended by the mangaka.

Sosseres

Reaction score

Sigh, we started up the same project for the same reason and just got done with c 18 (not released, but qc:ed and everything) and have cleaned 19 when I notice this. Will have to look over if we will continue it or not... Will post more info later today/tomorrow when the other person comes online and we have discussed it.

tokens

Reaction score

hi, thanks for the Edited Mangas! it's been long awaited.

by the way, is it possible to upload it to somewhere else? my isp uses a proxy server and it's hard to download anything from rapidshare...

liv_baptista

Reaction score

GOD DO EXIST!

I NEED this Edited Mangas (fan of gungirl)

i have mangas 4/5/6 but the they're all in chinese? I PAY IN DOLLAR, is there any god soul (like we say in portuguese XD ) that would do thia big big charity?

thankx

Batousai

Reaction score
Country
Sweden

big thx mate!! it's been ages since anyone released GSG in english, glad you did it!!!!! will you do vol 5-7 too? I think that would be very much apreciated!!

again thx! keep up the good work!

Sintendo

Reaction score
Country
United States

Batousai said:
big thx mate!! it's been ages since anyone released GSG in english, glad you did it!!!!! will you do vol 5-7 too? I think that would be very much apreciated!!

again thx! keep up the good work!
I plan on doing the rest.