Shounen Hajime no Ippo by Morikawa Jyoji

Zaloof

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Re: How will HnI ends ?

Miyata and Ippo have a OPBF title match. I can't imagine a more important fight for Ippo than this, therefore my opinion is after this match the series is basicaly over. They will probably have a chapter or two about Ippo moving on to the WBC Featherweight #1 Seed.
the idea of both of them fighting is way too much expected, HnI ending should be special and unpredictable

mageofdeath

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Hajime no Ippo 770 Discussions Thread

one's thing is sure, it definitely isn't the guy she used to have a crush on, because that is ippo!!...

Zaloof

Reaction score

one's thing is sure, it definitely isn't the guy she used to have a crush on, because that is ippo!!...
whats that guy suppose to do in Japan, and watching a fight ??

Sleepybones

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

the idea of both of them fighting is way too much expected, HnI ending should be special and unpredictable
I understand that it is probably the most predictable ending, but its hard to think of another way. I did think of another ending though, how about this:

Sendo has a fight with Martinez, Martinez finally falls to Sendo and Sendo becomes the WBC Featherweight Champion. Miyata fights Randy Jr., but becomes seriously injured making him unable to fight Ippo anytime soon. Randy Jr. becomes the OPBF Featherweight Champion and of course Mr. Sakaguchi's next target is Ippo (Which he stated clearly). Ippo and Randy Jr. fight and Ippo comes out with the victory.

After spending time with the crippled Miyata he makes a promise to him to become the WBC Featherweight Champion of the world. Sendo and Ippo have a massive fight that goes will into the 15th round. In the end Ippo uses a combination of the Dempsy Roll and the Cross Counter that Miyata uses to put Sendo away a third time and claim the WBC Featherweight Title. Thus ending Hajime no Ippo.

Zaloof

Reaction score

I understand that it is probably the most predictable ending, but its hard to think of another way. I did think of another ending though, how about this:

Sendo has a fight with Martinez, Martinez finally falls to Sendo and Sendo becomes the WBC Featherweight Champion. Miyata fights Randy Jr., but becomes seriously injured making him unable to fight Ippo anytime soon. Randy Jr. becomes the OPBF Featherweight Champion and of course Mr. Sakaguchi's next target is Ippo (Which he stated clearly). Ippo and Randy Jr. fight and Ippo comes out with the victory.

After spending time with the crippled Miyata he makes a promise to him to become the WBC Featherweight Champion of the world. Sendo and Ippo have a massive fight that goes will into the 15th round. In the end Ippo uses a combination of the Dempsy Roll and the Cross Counter that Miyata uses to put Sendo away a third time and claim the WBC Featherweight Title. Thus ending Hajime no Ippo.
thats a good one, but dont u mean Sendo gonna be the WBA champion ! and besides i dont like the idea of Sendo loosing a third time to Ippo (words coming from a sendo fan-boy :p)

Sleepybones

Reaction score
Country
United States

WBA*, Yeah I like Sendo to but you know that would be an awsome match.

Zaloof

Reaction score

WBA*, Yeah I like Sendo to but you know that would be an awsome match.
true, Sendo and Ippo are fared to fight like Sendo said, and we all know Sendo have some psychic powers :p

Yuzo

Reaction score
Country
France

Well I completely disagree with the idea of another rematch against Sendo.
He clearly lost in his second fight, and he also reckoned that Ippo was stronger than him, so even if I like Sendo too, I do feel they must not fight each other again.

What's more, since their match, Ippo has improved a lot, while we know nothing about Sendo : he is such an important character that if he had discovered a new weapon or something, we would have known right away...
My opinion is that the gap between them has been widening...

But let's go back to the topic^^ I hardly see Ippo making a cross counter on purpose... Not his style AT ALL^^
If his last fight is for the title, his opponent HAS to be a freaking monster... Which leaves us : Miyata, obviously, Martinez, or Randy Boy (in case he's far mor advanced than Miyata and crushes him^^ Ippo would have revenge for his friend at the same time, very likely), as far as known boxers are concerned.

Yuzo

Reaction score
Country
France

Well... Why not ???
Ippo is world ranked 12th, if "her" guy is in the same class, well he may wish to take a look at him, nothing is more natural...
And he's mexican, so quite good, since in Morikawa's mind, mexican people are awesome, at least in lower classes (Martinez...).

A future fight between Iimura's loves ??^^

Zaloof

Reaction score

Well... Why not ???
Ippo is world ranked 12th, if "her" guy is in the same class, well he may wish to take a look at him, nothing is more natural...
And he's mexican, so quite good, since in Morikawa's mind, mexican people are awesome, at least in lower classes (Martinez...).

A future fight between Iimura's loves ??^^
to be ranked 12th isnt that big of a deal, and she said that her "lover" retired a long time ago

Zaloof

Reaction score

Well I completely disagree with the idea of another rematch against Sendo.
He clearly lost in his second fight, and he also reckoned that Ippo was stronger than him, so even if I like Sendo too, I do feel they must not fight each other again.

What's more, since their match, Ippo has improved a lot, while we know nothing about Sendo : he is such an important character that if he had discovered a new weapon or something, we would have known right away...
My opinion is that the gap between them has been widening...

But let's go back to the topic^^ I hardly see Ippo making a cross counter on purpose... Not his style AT ALL^^
If his last fight is for the title, his opponent HAS to be a freaking monster... Which leaves us : Miyata, obviously, Martinez, or Randy Boy (in case he's far mor advanced than Miyata and crushes him^^ Ippo would have revenge for his friend at the same time, very likely), as far as known boxers are concerned.
why not, a fight that holds the true rivals between each other will deffinatly gonna happen , also i believe that Sendo has improved a lot since their last match, and i dont think that the gap has widened that much

Yuzo

Reaction score
Country
France

Yeah, true enough that a fight between rivals will happen, but let me remind you that Ippo's rival is Miyata, not Sendo, no matter how you look at it and no matter what the coach said :D (which, I think, was only a way to get some motivation into Ippo, since he had no other worthy opponent. Kamogawa just used Sendo as a way to train Ippo harder^^)

And Miyata came first, after all^^

Yuzo

Reaction score
Country
France

Damn, didn't know that^^

But Ippo being 12th is exactly why it could have been possible : it's a perfect ranking to be considered as a cannon fodder for the best, after all that's how Takamura got ahold of his first title... I think he was 17th, then became 5th, then 2th, right?

But to think that in the next chapter we may not know who the fuckIimura is after, it drives me crazy^^

Sleepybones

Reaction score
Country
United States

Maybe Sendo will raise to Light Middleweight and challenge Vorg for a rematch.

sangai

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

there a chapter this week, or is it usually monday..

i can't wait to see ippo just lay a real devastating blow on gedo something of which he has never felt.. or like break his ribs..or crush his occular bone ..

Yuzo

Reaction score
Country
France

Nah, he clearly stated that he wanted to go at it with Martinez, so moving up/down a class is very unlikely...

Kazuo Kiriyama

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Nah the chapter comes out later this week. 770 was a double issue so there's a break after.

We should see the chapter near (or during) the weekend.

And i don't see why it can't be Iimura's old crush. He may have retired but it doesn't mean he didn't do the Kamogawa thing and pass on what he knows (don't say becauase he was a failure he doesn't have anything to pass on because he may know a hell of a lot more about boxing then most boxers do for all we know) and he may know more about Gedo then other people do.

But hey it's just an idea. It probably isn't him but her reaction does put the thought in my mind.

Zaloof

Reaction score

Yeah, true enough that a fight between rivals will happen, but let me remind you that Ippo's rival is Miyata, not Sendo, no matter how you look at it and no matter what the coach said :D (which, I think, was only a way to get some motivation into Ippo, since he had no other worthy opponent. Kamogawa just used Sendo as a way to train Ippo harder^^)

And Miyata came first, after all^^
well Sendo was the only boxer who pushed ippo to beyond his limits, also if Miyata was his true rival he would fight him no matter what happens, even for RBJ, im still holding a grudge against Miyata for canceling the fight

Zaloof

Reaction score

Nah the chapter comes out later this week. 770 was a double issue so there's a break after.

We should see the chapter near (or during) the weekend.

And i don't see why it can't be Iimura's old crush. He may have retired but it doesn't mean he didn't do the Kamogawa thing and pass on what he knows (don't say becauase he was a failure he doesn't have anything to pass on because he may know a hell of a lot more about boxing then most boxers do for all we know) and he may know more about Gedo then other people do.

But hey it's just an idea. It probably isn't him but her reaction does put the thought in my mind.
yeah, but why would he be in Japan, for some underdog hunting match :p

Yuzo

Reaction score
Country
France

Like I said, if Ippo had not met Sendo the first time, he would most probably have quit boxing. No Miyata, no "I wanna know what is it to be strong".

And the fight being cancelled does not necessarily mean they will never actually fight :D

By the way, i was wondering : are there open "tournaments" like in judo/karate, where weight is not taken into account ?