Shounen - Hajime no Ippo by Morikawa Jyoji | Page 93 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Hajime no Ippo by Morikawa Jyoji

appsmartvn

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
The way things are looking, it doesnt seem that that is that far way from happening. However, Hajime no Ippo is far from ending

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Finally done with that punch drunk scenario thing, now the story can move forward for good, but still Ippo needs to work on his defensive tactics (dodging skills), or else the same scenario will repeat itself

I wonder who's gonna be Ippo's first opponent... On another hand, I think we're close to a scenario where Takamura will lose for the first time

llamapie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Finally done with that punch drunk scenario thing, now the story can move forward for good, but still Ippo needs to work on his defensive tactics (dodging skills), or else the same scenario will repeat itself

I wonder who's gonna be Ippo's first opponent... On another hand, I think we're close to a scenario where Takamura will lose for the first time
He pretty much demonstrated he can dodge and attack simultaneously from any angle now. The new Dempsey looks like it isn't just a technique but it will determine his entire way of fighting. Almost like a constant thing. It's completely different from just being a finishing move. He can probably dish out rapid fire counters from every angle now. I can't wait to see it in an actual fight.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
He pretty much demonstrated he can dodge and attack simultaneously from any angle now. The new Dempsey looks like it isn't just a technique but it will determine his entire way of fighting. Almost like a constant thing. It's completely different from just being a finishing move. He can probably dish out rapid fire counters from every angle now. I can't wait to see it in an actual fight.
That was just Kamogawa, I'd love to see him dodge Takamura for example

Remember the Takamura/Bison fight ? That was quite something, especially their exchange where Takamura kept dodging everything... I do realize Ippo may never be able to achieve that kind of ability because he lacks some few qualities Takamura has, but still he should really work on his dodging skills, especially when things don't go his way (against Woli for example, the moment he lost his way he got hit way too much)

But indeed, the new dempsey roll will increase his offensive and defensive capabilities, the way he is now... I can see him beat Miyata actually

llamapie

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
That was just Kamogawa, I'd love to see him dodge Takamura for example

Remember the Takamura/Bison fight ? That was quite something, especially their exchange where Takamura kept dodging everything... I do realize Ippo may never be able to achieve that kind of ability because he lacks some few qualities Takamura has, but still he should really work on his dodging skills, especially when things don't go his way (against Woli for example, the moment he lost his way he got hit way too much)

But indeed, the new dempsey roll will increase his offensive and defensive capabilities, the way he is now... I can see him beat Miyata actually
Yea honestly he's moving closer to the real life dempsey roll which isn't as flashy (it's not a manga) but it was pretty much just full power swings from southpaw to regular from multiple angles while still keeping the weaving needed to dodge mixed in. Now that the angle can't be predicted and Ippo's balance is nuts he can throw full power swings from ANYWHERE at ANY TIME. It's the perfect mix of float like a butterfly and sting like a bee.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ippo's return fight, started out awesome. I really hope this is an easy win for him and he ends up disappointed because he couldn't use the new dempsey on such a weak opponent.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ippo's return fight, started out awesome. I really hope this is an easy win for him and he ends up disappointed because he couldn't use the new dempsey on such a weak opponent.
Seems that is the intention of Morikawa, doesn't feel that champ is good enough to force Ippo to use the New Dempsey
I was afraid that his punch drunk state was kicking in at first since he got hit by those lefts, but it doesn't seem to be the case

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
What a powerstart.

What bothers me... why was everyone ducking ippo? And if they already are ducking him... what will happen after this fight. There are 2 possibilities on how this fight will end (ippo destroying him by brute force or new dempsey) and with these two outcomes... he will get ducked even more.

So i am calling... after this fight... Sendo vs. Ippo III

llamapie

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
What a powerstart.

What bothers me... why was everyone ducking ippo? And if they already are ducking him... what will happen after this fight. There are 2 possibilities on how this fight will end (ippo destroying him by brute force or new dempsey) and with these two outcomes... he will get ducked even more.

So i am calling... after this fight... Sendo vs. Ippo III
After Sendo beats Gonzalez

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Fuck me I thought Ippo was drunk punch and that he fell... Thank god that's not the case
So even a national champ isn't enough for Ippo to go all out... Makes sense I suppose

llamapie

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Fuck me I thought Ippo was drunk punch and that he fell... Thank god that's not the case
So even a national champ isn't enough for Ippo to go all out... Makes sense I suppose
Ye I doubt that's the last we'll hear of the punch drunk thing, but really though there is no way he will end in such a lame way.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
This is getting ridiculous, everytime this kind of scenario has to happen with Ippo... He trained and made the Dempsey evolve, became stronger, yet still same glaring weaknesses over and over

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
To be fair, I think the "glaring weakness" this time is he has brain damage lol

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
This fight could have ended 6 Chapters ago. :/

Kurisubestwaifu

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Well, new chapter out guys. Guess you will find it interesting

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
friggin hate it. when ippo loses, takamura will have a detached regina too.... or however it was called

but i still think its a red hering and ippo just wants to dempsey the shit out of him.... atleast i hope so

Kurisubestwaifu

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I don't think Ippo is broken. He's not alright but i don't think this means he's broken, but he might need way longer period to recover fully

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I don't think Ippo is broken. He's not alright but i don't think this means he's broken, but he might need way longer period to recover fully
I think we have spent too many chapters on this, and it is the same bullshit
Honestly I hate what Morikawa is doing with this, this is not a good development at all

Kurisubestwaifu

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Well yeah, i had said a few weeks ago, that if he lost this one i would be seriously pissed, and here i am.. Such a buildup to end up in such a lame way..

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think we have spent too many chapters on this, and it is the same bullshit
Honestly I hate what Morikawa is doing with this, this is not a good development at all
Its no development at all. We waited many years for the new dempsey and now where he should wipe the floor with this dude... this comes back. All for nothing.

But like i said... red hering. I just hope we see the sexy doctor later on.

llamapie

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Its no development at all. We waited many years for the new dempsey and now where he should wipe the floor with this dude... this comes back. All for nothing.

But like i said... red hering. I just hope we see the sexy doctor later on.
Morikawa really wants to push the whole punch drunk thing. I get why that is annoying some of you because that would be a horrible way to end the manga, and it won't end that way. But yea what should have been a super satisfying return match is turning out to be mad frustrating. Remember Ippo's body is completely new now. Throwing punches from any angle doesn't change the laws of physics. Tossing around your center of gravity randomly will make you trip a lot. But yea, I get it, get on with it already.