Question - Has Anyone Established a Time Line for the Events of Fairy Tail | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Has Anyone Established a Time Line for the Events of Fairy Tail

Libarian

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I am trying to piece together an idea of how long each arc of the manga covers from the main team's prospective and an approximate amount of time in between arcs however the only numbers that I have are that Juvia has known Gray for 413 days before the tatoras arc, an approximate two weeks between Edolos and the S-class exam which lasted at most a week, the seven year skip, and the three month skip, and subsequent week before the week long games. The games and Tatarous arcs are both concluded the end of year x791 thanks to chapter 418. Any ideas on the rest?

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I am trying to piece together an idea of how long each arc of the manga covers from the main team's prospective and an approximate amount of time in between arcs however the only numbers that I have are that Juvia has known Gray for 413 days before the tatoras arc, an approximate two weeks between Edolos and the S-class exam which lasted at most a week, the seven year skip, and the three month skip, and subsequent week before the week long games. The games and Tatarous arcs are both concluded the end of year x791 thanks to chapter 418. Any ideas on the rest?
It is a little complicated. I don't usually like posting links only but because the timeline for Fairy Tail is so vast, the post would be too long for me to name it. Honestly, I believe that the Fairy Tail Wikia probably has the best timeline I've seen so far. Of course it was made by many fans who have contributed to it for a long time but it seems quite accurate.

Fairy Tail Timeline: http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

Libarian

Reaction score
Country
United States
It is a little complicated. I don't usually like posting links only but because the timeline for Fairy Tail is so vast, the post would be too long for me to name it. Honestly, I believe that the Fairy Tail Wikia probably has the best timeline I've seen so far. Of course it was made by many fans who have contributed to it for a long time but it seems quite accurate.

Fairy Tail Timeline: http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline
I probably would agree that, the problem that I have with this is it doesn't give much as to how long the events lasted. What I am trying to figure out is how many days/weeks the arcs lasted what I had figured was like two weeks each major arc with the fillers lasting as much as a month for the fillers and maybe two months between the GMGs and the Sun Village arc, but this seems too fast.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I probably would agree that, the problem that I have with this is it doesn't give much as to how long the events lasted. What I am trying to figure out is how many days/weeks the arcs lasted what I had figured was like two weeks each major arc with the fillers lasting as much as a month for the fillers and maybe two months between the GMGs and the Sun Village arc, but this seems too fast.
The Gap between GMG Arc and Sun Village Arc is 2 Weeks Max.After The TimeSkip We See GMG Again.The Gap between GMG and Next Year's GMG is 1 Year.Natsu returned after 1 Years Training.

Libarian

Reaction score
Country
United States
your right this actually condenses the timeline that seemed so absurd that I brought it to the boards thanks I guess Wendy could only have been in Fairy Tail for 3-4 months max yikes.

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Did this happen tho?
was there 6 months between GMG and Tartarus?
X791 start - 3month skip -> GMG - 3-4 month skip -> Tartarus = about 6 months or so.

Juvia's 413 days takes place between GMG and Tartarus so there must've been a couple months between them for it to be an entire year and a month since she knew Gray.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
X791 start - 3month skip -> GMG - 3-4 month skip -> Tartarus = about 6 months or so.

Juvia's 413 days takes place between GMG and Tartarus so there must've been a couple months between them for it to be an entire year and a month since she knew Gray.
3 month skip didn't happen for Wendy, she was in Celestial world where only a few hours passed.
GMG - Tartarus was 3-4 months? How?

413 days?

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
3 month skip didn't happen for Wendy, she was in Celestial world where only a few hours passed.
GMG - Tartarus was 3-4 months? How?

413 days?
Forgot the skip.... Hiro prolly did too lol. It was tgree to 4 month bcs there was a major timelapse (they were doing numerous missions after the success at the GMG) and multiple side chapters are centered in between the arcs.

It's a side chapter.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Forgot the skip.... Hiro prolly did too lol. It was tgree to 4 month bcs there was a major timelapse (they were doing numerous missions after the success at the GMG) and multiple side chapters are centered in between the arcs.

It's a side chapter.
Wait, so does that mean that more than one year went by from Phantom Lord, to between GMG/Tartarus, for Juvia ?

That doesn't make any sense.
There were probably 3-4 months between Phantom Lord & Tenrou, they went in limbo, then GMG within a month (4 for those not in CSK world). So, around 4-5 months between Phantom Lord and GMG?

Ratrace

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wait, so does that mean that more than one year went by from Phantom Lord, to between GMG/Tartarus, for Juvia ?

There were probably 3-4 months between Phantom Lord & Tenrou, they went in limbo, then GMG within a month (4 for those not in CSK world). So, around 4-5 months between Phantom Lord and GMG?
That limbo lasted 7 years for the people that weren’t on Tenrou island

Last edited:

GL_Nova

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

No, that’s clearly wrong. It’s a couple months between adventures not weeks bro. Tenrou is the end of the year. So it’s like 8-10 months between PL and GMG.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
No, that’s clearly wrong. It’s a couple months between adventures not weeks bro. Tenrou is the end of the year. So it’s like 8-10 months between PL and GMG.
I wish we could know the dates lol, cause what we're both saying is just headcanon

Natsu met Lucy in x784, Tenrou also happened in x784. Sooo, IDK

TimeSpace

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
I wish we could know the dates lol, cause what we're both saying is just headcanon

Natsu met Lucy in x784, Tenrou also happened in x784. Sooo, IDK
Few months makes sense if we count in the Rainbow Sakura chapter/ episode 73. Hanami Festival always takes place in march or april. In Anime it is also shown to take place after Juvia joining FT officialy. Tenorou Island disappeared on 16th december same year. That gives 8-9 months alone between those two "events"

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Few months makes sense if we count in the Rainbow Sakura chapter/ episode 73. Hanami Festival always takes place in march or april. In Anime it is also shown to take place after Juvia joining FT officialy. Tenorou Island disappeared on 16th december same year. That gives 8-9 months alone between those two "events"
Ohh I see.

Is it the time between Fantasia Festival and Oracion Seis arc? I mean, the rainbow Sakura thing? Is it a Japanese thing? If so, can it correlate with the timings in FT universe?
Sorry for the lot of questions lol

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Each arc only lasts like 1 or 2 days. It's the time in between the arcs that gets confusing.

I believe it was stated in one of the "Explain the Mysteries of Fairy Tail" that any omake that doesn't fit into the canon is one of Lucy's dreams, so you can always pull this card if the dates don't fit.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

LOL I just realize what this implies about the Stone Age chapter

TimeSpace

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
Ohh I see.

Is it the time between Fantasia Festival and Oracion Seis arc? I mean, the rainbow Sakura thing? Is it a Japanese thing? If so, can it correlate with the timings in FT universe?
Sorry for the lot of questions lol
Yes, Hanami festiwal is a "Standart" and "important" festiwal in Japan, but if it happens in March or April depends on... well when the cherry trees starts to blossom :cheez. In FT it happens after Oracion Seis arc. So I should say more correctly now it takes 8-9 months between Wendy joining the guild and Tenrou end.

Veni Vidi Vici

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Each arc only lasts like 1 or 2 days. It's the time in between the arcs that gets confusing.

I believe it was stated in one of the "Explain the Mysteries of Fairy Tail" that any omake that doesn't fit into the canon is one of Lucy's dreams, so you can always pull this card if the dates don't fit.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

LOL I just realize what this implies about the Stone Age chapter
If I remember correctly, there was one where Natsu said it was Lucy's birthday(the day she joined the guild 1 year before).
So basically it was already 1 year passed before the post-Tartaros time skip and another one before the last chapter with the celebration of Lucy's writing contest.

In total it's 3 year.