Discussion - Have you tried cooking any of the stuff from the manga? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Have you tried cooking any of the stuff from the manga?

mbacarra

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I was supposed to post this when the latest chapter went out, but I don't have my laptop. My question is, have you tried doing any of the dishes that were presented in the manga? I attempted to do the chicken egg tempura that Souma made in Chapter 170 using frozen egg. I was curious because I saw one of the Japanese Mukbang vlogger, Yuka Kinoshita, eat an egg that was originally frozen, then defrosted and then cooked. Her comment was that the yolk flavor was intensified, just as what was explained in the manga.

However, when I did this, the frozen egg already started to thaw while I was putting it in flour coating for the batter, and after I placed it in the deep frier, the egg just melted and ended up getting a "deep fried" sunny side up. I think there's a step missing there, unless I really did mess up and you have to act fast before the egg thaws. Regardless, the egg yolk really did have an intensified flavor.

sinful_dragon

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1) How long did u freeze the eggs for?
2) Room temperature.
3) How long it took for you to prepare it.

You can actually deep fry it like the manga but it really depends on how fast you can get the prep work done.

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
There's recipe and way to cook in the volume that I brought but I never really try it.

JonDou

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I have attempted the Chaliapin Steak don.
It tasted good, but the onions didn't tenderize the steak like I was hoping it would. To make a steak as tender as they show in the manga, you need to use well marble steak and that will cost a bit more.

JediKnightWhoSaysNi

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I made the salmon Poele in the rice onigiri with tea and kelp . It's the dish soma made for eishi when he challenged him when he first joined polar star. It tasted really nice

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Chaliapin Steak don: It does tenderize the meat, I loved it, tho I expected more (it may be the meat quality as stated);

Quiche de Legumes: It tastes amazing, but i still prefer some chickek quiche;

I did my own spin on the Fritata takumi did, using some other vegetables, it is a great vegetarian (and easy) dish;

And i did some poele Salmon, and i took it out before the middle was cooked, thus eating both cooked and raw salmon in one bite, it is a delicious (if gimmicky) experience. You guys must serve and the person must eat it right away, if not he salmon will be cooked whole

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I haven't tried any recipes yet but there are quite a few I do want to try. Ones that stick out for me would be the Fake Pork Roast and Chaliapin steak don.

JonDou

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I haven't tried any recipes yet but there are quite a few I do want to try. Ones that stick out for me would be the Fake Pork Roast and Chaliapin steak don.
Chaliapin steak don is very tasty if you like onions. The onions ability to tenderize steak is over sold so if you try this one, buy a decent cut of meat.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well I tried making the Gotcha! Pork Roast today. It doesn't look perfect but my god, it tastes amazing. I 100% recommend it for anyone wanting to try to make something.

GURREN LAGANNE

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I have cooked the mackerel burgers, Chaliapin steak, and of course the honey squid. I’ve also done the fish Poele. The burgers and steak were both a huge success though the sauce was difficult. The squid I keep to offer horrified guests and make fish stock