1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!
  3. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  4. Submissions for Retro Banner Contest has begun. Bring back your old memories!

Voting has begun for the Magic Short Story Contest. Pick your favorite piece!

Congratulations to Valhalla777 for winning the Landmark Photography Art Contest !
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Help Us Get More Content! (About this forum)

Discussion in 'Manga Brought to you by MH' started by njt, Dec 6, 2017.

1. njt

njt Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Administrator

Japan
    ↑↑You can share this thread by using the buttons at the top↑↑
    Hello fellow MH viewer! Thanks for checking out this thread. For the past 10+ Years Mangahelpers has been bringing you manga content in some way, shape or form. However, starting today we will be doing it officially with Amutus and GlobalComix.

Read about our new project and our partners AMUCOMI and GlobalComix.

What we want you to help us do is spread the word about this project. The more attention we get, the more content we will be able to bring you. So far, we have over 300 series that we have lined up - but we need to prove that the numbers are there and people really want new, legal content - brought to you from fans, by fans.

Here's the list of content we currently have access to. The more likes we get on social media, the more this will grow. You can promote our efforts by liking and sharing these posts:

When you post on social media (Facebook/twitter/tumblr/instagram etc) please use #mangahelpers so we can pick up on important conversations! Thanks!

Manga we've unlocked:

View Thread
    || [​IMG] || [​IMG]

View Thread
    || [​IMG] || [​IMG]

View Thread
    || [​IMG] || [​IMG]

View Thread
    || [​IMG] || [​IMG]

Manga we've yet to unlock:

1,000 Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / Tumblr Likes to Unlock:

3,000 Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / Tumblr likes to Unlock:

5,000 Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / Tumblr likes to Unlock:

Manga we're likely to release in the near future: (With hundreds more on the way!)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    MArGi, Clara, Darky and 5 others like this.
  2. njt

njt Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Administrator

Japan
    If you have any questions - write in here, and I'll answer - and eventually make a FAQ thread :).

3. Clara

Clara Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Poland
    lmao that yaoi xD. will there be any fight manga? I want something like detective and mystery stories tbh.

4. Ecchi Boy

Ecchi Boy Registered User

United States
    Will we get nejimaki Kagyu? or just Yaoi?

5. vie

vie Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Indonesia
    I want shounen manga...

6. zindryr

zindryr 誰も知らない

Administrator

Canada
    Most of our current selection of titles is either Boys Love or Shojo. We are doing our best to get some more manga from different demographics available in the future though. This is just the beginning of the project.

Darky, Organizized, MArGi and 3 others like this.
  7. WithYouInSpirit

WithYouInSpirit Certified Sensei

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

Australia
    I suppose that a startup project of this nature had to take what was offered.

8. GodricKharg

GodricKharg Scanlator

Canada
    I actually wanna know how it works, how we get paid, or sign up for projects... are there prerequisites for each...

And where does the script come from.. (from a typesetter perspective). From the offered ones on MH or from our teams or what...? How do we make sure jot to suddenly have 4 teams sub,Otto for the same chapters etc...?

9. lucasdias

lucasdias Registered User

Brazil
    Hi, njt. I'm trying to contact you through pm, but I'm getting an error messagen when I send. I wanted to talk about translating to Portuguese.

Congratulations on the licensing!

10. SharkBait

SharkBait MH Senpai

United States
    More yaoi would be nice

11. Baniita

Baniita Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Canada
    Oh heck yea. I'd be ready to throw my money at a MH sanctioned localization site......... if they left my SFX's alone or do them like Del Rey used to, or didn't do that stupid comic-style random-word bolding like they hecked up Girl Friends. Hiss. Wait. That's not happening, is it. The reason I don't even use Renta! or sites like that yet are because they're crap. And none of Amazon's nonsense cause I don't want jpg artefacts on my digital copies.

Argh things would be so much simpler if I just didn't have to pay twice to own different copies of the same book.

12. Bocui

Bocui Registered User

United Kingdom
    The scripts are translated by an in-house team composed of MangaHelpers users who previously registered their interest. Team members can decide what project they'd like to work on.
    As far as prerequisites are concerned, of course, you'd need to demonstrate you have the required ability to perform your role, whether it be translation, typesetting etc.

Feel free to PM if you have any other questions.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 24, 2017, Original Post Date: Dec 24, 2017 ---
    There are plenty of BL series waiting to be 'greenlit'. If you guys can show us your support, there would surely be more coming your way.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 24, 2017 ---
    As said before, most of the series consist of Shojo/BL, but if the project is successful, there could be opportunities for expansion to more genres.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 24, 2017 ---
    Be sure to check out GlobalComix. You can take a look at some sample pages here.

13. GodricKharg

GodricKharg Scanlator

Canada
    Thanks for the response.. sent you a private message about SMS other questions.

14. Saithan

Saithan Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Denmark
    Perhaps we need some polls to see how the demography of the readers are spread. It's not possible to hit everyone's interest with one manga genre, so I would think various options should be available.

15. Nimloth

Nimloth よろず屋 / Yorozuya

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Tech

Norway
    Hi guys -- I'm the creator of GlobalComix. Happy to answer any questions you might have :-)

16. Kronosking

Kronosking Registered User

Canada
    Can you simulpub shojo and josei manga?

17. zindryr

zindryr 誰も知らない

Administrator

Canada
    That currently depends on if Amu Comi (or any other publisher we work with) wants to do that. There aren't any plans at present for simulpub, but if the work we're doing gets popular enough we'll have some leverage to try to pick and choose upcoming titles to work on.

18. SharkBait

SharkBait MH Senpai

United States
    No plans for next content updates?

19. zindryr

zindryr 誰も知らない

Administrator

Canada
    Yes, we do have more releases on the horizon! One new title which is actually a bit wider of a demographic than the other titles we've been doing so far.

We're also hard at work trying to finish up the current titles we're working on, with the Tonight My Sister and I, Age 31: First Boyfriend, and It All Started With A Sexy Interview teams moving ahead more steadily. 3LoveDK's team is taking a short break, but we'll be back at that one soon enough as well.

You'll hear more from us fairly soon, but things have been pretty busy for us lately unfortunately so it's been difficult to keep you guys posted.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 11, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 3, 2018 ---
    Just updated our ongoing title threads with links to the new chapters in each series, so if you've been following any of those head on over to those threads to check them out.

We've also released a full new Shonen title for everyone to enjoy known as Death Game ~The Captive 24~! Head on over to the thread to find out more and tell us what you think about it.