Shounen - Highschool of the Dead by Satou Daisuke & Satou Shouji | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Highschool of the Dead by Satou Daisuke & Satou Shouji

chaoer5205

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
China

Highschool of the Dead
By: SATOU Daisuke (writer) and SATOU Shouji (artist)
Genre: Horror, Action, Ecchi
Serialized In: Dragon Age
Scanlated By: xamayon

A mysterious, lethal disease is on the loose worldwide, resulting in a catastrophic death rate of humanity, and the increasing rise of attacks, caused by the living dead. In Japan, several high school students and a school nurse have banded together to escape Fujimi Private High School shortly after it was attacked by "them." The group now attempts to figure who or what was responsible for this plague, and in the meantime, attempt to survive the present apocalypse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icarus

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
looking for next chapter.. i think this is a good manga.. no group for the Edited Mangas??

cgutierrez56

Reaction score
Country
United States
Man i hate the the author is on hiatus as far as this manga is concerned. It was really cool, I'm a fan of zombie flicks and this was a great way to get a good fix. Here's to hoping there'll be a volume 6.

choke_a_beech

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Xamayon is a bloody awesome place to download the volumes!!! :) really, i aint kiddin. this place has crisp quality scans! i hear they're havin money troubles at the moment........hell if i win the lottery...i'll make a sizeable donation to that place! for sure! each volume is like around 50 megs...love, love this series! gotta love the commitment these translators have...to the manga and the fans.

Saeko is my favourite character. but there is something strange about her....she's got some hidden agenda, i can feel it

eyesotope

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Jordan
if anyone is up for a surprise, Xamayon released ch 23

caught me totally by surprise, as I thought it'll be on hiatus for a while.. very nice :cool:

Onomatopoeia

Reaction score
Country
United States
if anyone is up for a surprise, Xamayon released ch 23

caught me totally by surprise, as I thought it'll be on hiatus for a while.. very nice :cool:
Yup after about several months of nothing they finally release another chapter. Pretty sure it's because Xamayon likes to do volume releases.

Pretty sure the tag should be changed too: On Hiatus.

Also, psycho murderer on the loose. He'll kill the policewoman.

eyesotope

Reaction score
Country
Jordan
actually it was the manga authors who were on hiatus, not the Manga Editors :amuse

although they (the authors) managed to start another manga series a while back; Triage X.

bellcrossage

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Looks like chapter 24 has finally been released. I picked it up from http://xamayon.org/.

Yes! The hiatus is over! :)

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
That was a pretty good chapter coming of a hiatus. Half way through I was starting to get a little worried that I'd have to go back and re-read everything, but once the flashback happened, everything started to come back to me. Looking forward to more.

conn-man

Reaction score
Country
United States
i thought there would never be another chapter, im glad its started back up again. ill probably reread it, ive forgotten a lot of character aspects.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
eh ist back from the on hiatus ??
and any way i thought it was a seinen y its a shonen sub thread??

Cedde

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
!! i thought it was gone for ever! so good its back on track!

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
to tell he truth i have to read it almost all over again i forgot a lot of the nook and cranny of the plot

Darek Khort

Reaction score
Country
Australia
WHY??? WHY???
Why did Asami have to die???

masgrande

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
For that psycho kid too!!! Poor Kohta too, havng to kill his girl is just cruel.
R.I.P Asami ????-2010

jinoku

Reaction score
Country
United States
I know right. That coward on the top of the car should have been left there to get mauled. He damn sure wasn't worth two people.

Uruner

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
What are u saying.... Asami isn't dead yet!!! .... We've just seen him pointing at her face and then next panel is the sound of gun firing... Her head didn't splash about nor did her body fall... unless you've seen something i didn't... my bet is that she's gonna live... there are 2 reasons... first is that if he fired this gun, all the near zombies would swarm at them... so it wouldn't be economical :D .... it would be easier to fire at sky and it would have the effect of distracting the zombies from Asami ... trough they are not so stupid as to do that( i think :P) ... rather more likely that creazy psyho from van got a hold of some gun and started shooting to everything that moves... he's gonna get eaten and Asami will be fine ;p or one of the other characters started shooting zombies around Asami. ... Either way she lives.... The chapter ended here just for that reason... the doubt of what will happen next.... =^^=

Nodke

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
Uh Hpefully they think that when they shoot theyll just call the zombies on them selves so theyll just shoot the zombies and try to sve her cause ive never been so flusterda about a manga in my life like i just was from asamis supposed death