Shounen Hitomi no Catoblepas by Tanaka Yasuki

kazamakj

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brunei
Re: Hitomi no Catoblepas (new WSJ series) - Discussion

I am guessing the Genbu family head must be an old foggy. Although I can imagine her as a brash older sister type character just like Midori in Mai Hime. ^^

Going through the list so far I can see

1) Suzaku temple with a Fire Demon (I am sure it has other abilities as well maybe speed and flight <--- wait was flight already seen?)

2) Seiryuu temple with a Water Dragon Demon whom controls water and heals

3) Byakko temple with a Time Manipulating and Poisonous Demon

4) Genbu temple a Barrier protection type? LOL i know simple idea really. Not really being imaginative at the moment (never am actually)

Since the Genbu head is away I'm sort of guessing he/she must be older and more reliable or not cause I think among them the story needs a fun loving character whom controls a demon and will get along well with the Pervert girl ^^

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Hitomi no Catoblepas Discussion

im pretty sure something resembling flight was seen.

well either way, thanks cnet for explaining the possibility ofthe name being changed to fir the whole demon thing.

which..........yeah, makes it pretty definite. if a bit too early for my liking....

cnet128

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Hitomi no Catoblepas (new WSJ series) - Discussion

I am guessing the Genbu family head must be an old foggy. Although I can imagine her as a brash older sister type character just like Midori in Mai Hime. ^^

Going through the list so far I can see

1) Suzaku temple with a Fire Demon (I am sure it has other abilities as well maybe speed and flight <--- wait was flight already seen?)

2) Seiryuu temple with a Water Dragon Demon whom controls water and heals

3) Byakko temple with a Time Manipulating and Poisonous Demon

4) Genbu temple a Barrier protection type? LOL i know simple idea really. Not really being imaginative at the moment (never am actually)

Since the Genbu head is away I'm sort of guessing he/she must be older and more reliable or not cause I think among them the story needs a fun loving character whom controls a demon and will get along well with the Pervert girl ^^
Just a couple notes: Tokio's family's temple is the Genbu temple, not the Byakko temple. And Tokio's family is the only one running a temple - we have the Genbu Temple, but the Suzaku Hermitage and the Seiryuu Corporation. So presumably the Hon'ami family's "Byakko" residence will be something different again.

Either way, it's pretty much a cert at this point that the Hon'ami family Yoma is going to take the form of a tiger, after the mythological Byakko. There's a lot of potential there, but as for its abilities, I have no clue.

I'm also kind of wondering how long they're going to wait before showing us this fourth Head. They've introduced the first three in very quick succession, but I'm getting the feeling from the latest chapter that they're done with introductions for the time being, that they've established a group, and are going to work with what they've got - probably a good idea for the moment, since with three House Heads, Miiko and numerous supporting characters from each House on the side of good, and the four Shikyou, Kaimei and Hajun/Tokihito on the enemies' side, they've got plenty of characters to be going on with. Fleshing them out, giving them all a chance to shine, and perhaps develop some interesting character interplay should work well for now. Since they've established the fourth House Head as out of the picture for the moment, I think they'll be saving him/her as something special to introduce later on in the storyline. Hope it's worth the wait.

Of course, I could be completely wrong and the Hon'ami Head could be introduced next chapter. But hey, that's just how these things go :p

LongShot

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

I guess those 4 yomas will attack and then the 4th will show up to help the others 3 head's

Houjou

Reaction score
Country
Mongolia

I guess those 4 yomas will attack and then the 4th will show up to help the others 3 head's
That's too predictable, I hope the author makes something unexpected with the 4th head aparition :P

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

latest chapters revealed more, and shown just how great this can become. and its cover next week too! well........... centre stage on the bon issue it seems.

anyway, assistant dude is too damn cool. useful yoma too.

nvzblity

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

is there no chapter this week, or is it just late?

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

is there no chapter this week, or is it just late?
It just came out, and somehow tokio showed off some of his new powers...

His haircut reminds me of that main character in 666satan

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

somehow the power reminded me a lot of ral grad.

but ya know, less terrible and with a price to pay for it

Gouki ZX

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

I've been reading this series and I'm really liking it. I think HnC has alot of potential. I also heard that the mangaka of HnC was a former assisant of Hirohiko Araki seeing that there is some similarities to JoJo's Bizzare Adventure.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

i saw the jojo similarites in the bullet dudes fight against the chick, but its too different for me to agree tahts a possibility......

ginrai

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

personally i find that the serie is getting annoying imo becuase of the similarities between jojo (enemy youkai going JBA1&2 on the heroes using youkai as stands in similiar ways) and this since it's really kiddy imo an really lack orginality

Stone

Reaction score
Country
Denmark

Serie is ok, with options of becomming really good.
Most interesting part in it imo is how there "summons" can change depending on there mood or personallity. If they use that more in the future like upgrading Catoblepas or showing devolved versions of him and other summons like with the dragon... THis serie will be cool imo.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Serie is ok, with options of becomming really good.
Most interesting part in it imo is how there "summons" can change depending on there mood or personallity. If they use that more in the future like upgrading Catoblepas or showing devolved versions of him and other summons like with the dragon... THis serie will be cool imo.
Atm the serie is keeping my interest. But I hope a complex plot will begin to start or I somehow fear that it won't interest the japanese and me thus being dropped (not because of me of course)

Last edited:

yoniekai

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

the series is cliched... ive lost interest in these past chapters, hoping a more creative plot appears

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

am i the only one who can look at it and see (aside from things that are evident in any summon based series) not that many similarities with Jojo?

either way it's crashing a fair bit, which is a shame, as it's far better than at least.......... i dunno, two to three other series in jump?

damn, its such a good setup in jump right now that it's hard to know what will survive

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

am i the only one who can look at it and see (aside from things that are evident in any summon based series) not that many similarities with Jojo?

either way it's crashing a fair bit, which is a shame, as it's far better than at least.......... i dunno, two to three other series in jump?

damn, its such a good setup in jump right now that it's hard to know what will survive
Well I don't bother similarities with jojo. never read it and imo jojo looks gayish :D

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Looks like this is set to end after Volleyball. Not surprising to me in the least.

GGpX

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Catoblepas will be ending in 2 issues.

Sorry to anyone who likes this series.

yoniekai

Manga Editor