Semifinal - Homura Akemi vs. Son Goku | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Homura Akemi vs. Son Goku

Who wins?

• Homura Akemi

• Son Goku

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
I kinda feel bad for the fact you think homura is boring, she a great character...
Not as a character, but as a fighter. 99% of other nominations vs Homura basically just concludes with „well Homura is god of everything so she wins“. Not much anyone can put up a fight with, except for other boring picks that shouldn‘t have made it in either.

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Not as a character, but as a fighter. 99% of other nominations vs Homura basically just concludes with „well Homura is god of everything so she wins“. Not much anyone can put up a fight with, except for other boring picks that shouldn‘t have made it in either.

Oi, don't put words in my mouth, i never said she god so she win everytime
That's not how the event works considering how some nominated are also gods

I could say her most powerful ability is mind manipulation and if we talking technically she had this before she even was a god, this power comes form her bow version
And the fact she can manipulate despair.
I told this to lambu in discord but I'm not using her rewrite as an argument (okay maybe i did when LoN nominator was banned but i was meming for the fact that happen)
But we already know form magireco rewriting universe isn't granted everytime, it can fail depend on how it is constructed so it's not really a good arguement
Same with rewriting character, yes she can seal their powers but not delete them
She not an omnipotent god, she an omniverse god

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
In Puella Magi Homura Tamura it was confirmed Multiverse contains infinite number of universes

See This and This
In those two pages you linked it literally says "parallel worlds" which are timelines Arju...
She became the goddess in one of those timelines tho and she can oversee the other timelines. She's, like Madoka, at the top of her own Universe.

Also Goku can move in "stopped time" as he broke through Hit's ability in the anime (absurd but true) so Normal Homura is hopeless.

Demon Homura is beyond Goku's reach tho, no doubt about it.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Btw if she was omnipotent god she could deleted the main problem in the first place, the fact the universe is on borrowed time and dying slowing, the reason incubator even went to collecting despair and make magical girls do those wishes is to boost the lifeline of the universe

My point is she have limits as a god but in this case goku don't really stand much chance considering she can seal his powers... And he doesn't have counter to that and he either have mind resistant

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Oi, don't put words in my mouth, i never said she god so she win everytime
That's not how the event works considering how some nominated are also gods

I could say her most powerful ability is mind manipulation and if we talking technically she had this before she even was a god, this power comes form her bow version
And the fact she can manipulate despair.
I told this to lambu in discord but I'm not using her rewrite as an argument (okay maybe i did when LoN nominator was banned but i was meming for the fact that happen)
But we already know form magireco rewriting universe isn't granted everytime, it can fail depend on how it is constructed so it's not really a good arguement
Same with rewriting character, yes she can seal their powers but not delete them
She not an omnipotent god, she an omniverse god
I never said that‘s what you say. I said that most fight involving her basically boil down to her post-movie form just conceptually being on a different plane than most other nominations.

Like come, theorycraft me how a predicted battle between Goku and Homura would go. I don‘t think Goku can even punch her or find her as she can just be on her different/higher plane of existence. Meaning we come back to what I said before: she is boring.

We‘ve never seen her properly fight anything in her new form so she also has the Daishinkan/Tetsuo problem to some extent.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
In those two pages you linked it literally says "parallel worlds" which are timelines Arju...
She became the goddess in one of those timelines tho and she can oversee the other timelines. She's, like Madoka, at the top of her own Universe.

Also Goku can move in "stopped time" as he broke through Hit's ability in the anime (absurd but true) so Normal Homura is hopeless.

Funny thing by the word "World" you meant Reinhard can destroy the entire universe of Re Zero in one of the previous rounds though....

But anyway as far as I remember when Madoka became a God it was stated that she could effect "Universes".

@Asako wasn't it stated infinite universes and not simply timelines?

Last edited:

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Funny thing by the word "World" you meant Reinhard can destroy the entire universe of Re Zero in one of the previous rounds though....

But anyway when Madoka became a God it was stated that she could effect "Universes".
World = Universe of course. "Parallel Worlds" in this case refer to timelines tho as there's other versions of Homura there and everything, not different Universes under other principles.

Re:Zero also have seemingly infinite timelines contained by Od Laguna, in each of them there's another Reinhard of course but that is not the topic here. What being truly Multiversal means is to be above different fictional Universes.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

My only gripe with Homura is that her strongest form doesnt have much context. When discussing about what she can do it comes to "what Madoka can do" cause she's equalized to her, but theres no feats or clarifications on her limits, one of those "unknown" situations...

But if Reinhard passes the round I would rather see a battle against her than against Goku, she would do infinitely better than spiky boy.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
But if Reinhard passes the round I would rather see a battle against her than against Goku, she would do infinitely better than spiky boy.
They can meet in battle for 3rd place too :lambirb

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
They can meet in battle for 3rd place too :lambirb
I would rather see Goku vs Vegeta for the third place, its already more than what it was expected of them.

Also it would be the most boring final since we all know Goku wins cause Mastered UI. The votes would also become irrelevant for it would be a complete popularity contest.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I would rather see Goku vs Vegeta for the third place, its already more than what it was expected of them.

Also it would be the most boring final since we all know Goku wins cause Mastered UI. The votes would also become irrelevant for it would be a complete popularity contest.
At this point it's either a popularity contest or "multiversal vs galaxy ez", not a lot of excitement to be had.

I've been voting the stronger one thus far except that one time I voted against Broccoli to get him axed...

But then there's a character here that should be banned so... 🤔

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
At this point it's either a popularity contest or "multiversal vs galaxy ez", not a lot of excitement to be had.

I've been voting the stronger one thus far except that one time I voted against Broccoli to get him axed...

But then there's a character here that should be banned so... 🤔
I would rather see a debate in between haxy characters in the finals than a character winning cause he's popular tbh. VS discussion is what all this is about in the first place.

Like seriously, Goku labeled as the strongest of the Tournament? I want to think MH is better than that.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I would rather see a debate in between haxy characters in the finals than a character winning cause he's popular tbh. VS discussion is what all this is about in the first place.

Like seriously, Goku labeled as the strongest of the Tournament? I want to think MH is better than that.
Idk I rather see a character that follows the implicit rules of the event win.

lakhan220

Reaction score
Country
India
In Puella Magi Homura Tamura it was confirmed Multiverse contains infinite number of universes

See This and This
Those r basically the timelines and it is same thing stated in both pages. Not multiple universes being there at the very same time existing next to each other without any barriers.
We are talking about when Homura became a God like entity in Rebellion movie.All the abilities you mentioned are when she was still a magic Girl.

But she became God like being in the movie end and became capable of soloing even Zeno in her true God like form.She can literally write the universes to make her wish come true.
Hmm, if so, she can rewrite world, it states zeno can destroy every reality, worlds, concepts regardless of complexity meaning if rewriting universes is a complexity, zeno isn't bound by tht.

As for Homura the abstract concept, i would like to know of few of her abilities which r verified tbh. Because it can very well be like sorcerer's apprentice, same ability as predecessor but differs in magnitude.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India

I rechecked it in Episode 12

Madoka wishes," Every Single witch in every universe,under my own power,past and future".

She means both universes and timelines.

Those r basically the timelines and it is same thing stated in both pages. Not multiple universes being there at the very same time existing next to each other without any barriers.

Hmm, if so, she can rewrite world, it states zeno can destroy every reality, worlds, concepts regardless of complexity meaning if rewriting universes is a complexity, zeno isn't bound by tht.

As for Homura the abstract concept, i would like to know of few of her abilities which r verified tbh. Because it can very well be like sorcerer's apprentice, same ability as predecessor but differs in magnitude.
Zeno's power will hardly be around 12 universes maximum,but Madoka verse has countless number of universes.

Homura became a concept and was able to make a Godlike entity like her simply a normal human by rewriting the universe.

She can rewrite the universe to make Goku a normal human or erase his existence completely like Madoka did against the witches.Btw creators did confirm that Homura is equal to Goddess Madoka in every aspect.

Last edited:

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
This really is just "Homura is omnipotent so ggwp".

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
My only gripe with Homura is that her strongest form doesnt have much context. When discussing about what she can do it comes to "what Madoka can do" cause she's equalized to her, but theres no feats or clarifications on her limits, one of those "unknown" situations...
Oi x2
Most of the power i been campaigning for are her own, madokami doesn't have mind manipulation or sealing ability
Also the big difference between her and madokami is the fact madokami takes on all universe despair to maintain it, meanwhile homura give the middle finger to kyubey and torture him by making him the container, she can control the despair

The main power that are the same are overseeing universe but it's not like that useful in a battle, most powers I'm heavily campaigning for are homura own powers, kinda the reason i didn't want to bring in the bow last round as that it's a copy of madoka powers but she have it.... And I'm having a problems campaigning only with guns even tho it's kinda the reason i nominated homura, i wanted a gun campaign :guns

Guns are way cooler after all than bows even if the bow more powerful

As i said above homura isn't an omnipotent god, she have limits
I feel like of tetsuo the one who passed in round and not goku, that could been more challenging as he does counter a lot of homura powers
Kinda the reason i also voted tetsuo, more challenge, better fight...

A fight doesn't have to consist of punch and hits, homura never been that type even as a magical girl, she the one that more stealthy and like to overpower the opponent with her time stop and combo guns and explosions

And that did carry on in her akuma form

Mind manipulation
Time manipulation
Time rewind
Seal ability
Control despair ability
A bow that love to one shot shit and is aoe (kinda erase what part it hits)
Familiars she can control
A labyrinth she can control what's inside of it

And school calling once again for me will be back later but those are the one that come to my mind without thinking much
She also can exist in a place but not really be there but you can notice her as seen by what sayaka did in the movie

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
Ah, so Homura is an omnipotent. I see, now I have seen it all

So that also means that rainbow Goku is allowed and finally using that potential power in this battle and using rainbow MUI to the omnipotent Homura

Fyi: Rainbow MUI has the ability that keeps scaling and go beyond the concept known as omniverse, its Rainbowverse. This is all canon and stated by the author btw. Omnipotent Homura has no chance lel

Not even a close match rip

PS: Rainbow Goku > your rainbow
PS PS: Rainbow > blanco

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
As i said above homura isn't an omnipotent god, she have limits
I feel like of tetsuo the one who passed in round and not goku, that could been more challenging as he does counter a lot of homura powers
Kinda the reason i also voted tetsuo, more challenge, better fight...

A fight doesn't have to consist of punch and hits, homura never been that type even as a magical girl, she the one that more stealthy and like to overpower the opponent with her time stop and combo guns and explosions

And that did carry on in her akuma form
She doesn't need to punch or hit if she can just rewrite the universe and turn be it Goku or Tetsuo into Mumen Rider. :hmm

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Looking forward to see if being omnipotent = omniblessed. That will be an amazing discussion and worthy final that totally won't be a popularity contest.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Whats with the rainbow powerups in both threads :XD
Would Hermano be able to beat such a powerup

Status
Not open for further replies.