Special Move - Hoshi Hanabi fail and Hakugei fail | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Special Move Hoshi Hanabi fail and Hakugei fail

Fuji Shusuke

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hoshi Hanabi, in my opinion, is quite "too simple" to be a counter. Konomi might have ran out of ideas and came up with the idea to launch a ball into the sky. No matter how scientifically you explain it, it is just a ball launched into the sky. Sure it's fast, and has a weird spin, but it seems a little bland it seems like anyone can do it. Just because Fuji can read the wind, it does not prevent anyone else from hitting the highest lob they can.

Also, with Hakugei and Hakuryu, the wind needs to blow at you. When you change courts, all of a sudden the wind changes in Fuji's favor O_o. Yes, in the Prince of Tennis world things don't make sense. Let's just say Fuji manipulates the wind. So Hakugei can be used on both sides. And when there is no wind, he can randomly make some if he wants. But Fuji is awesome that way. Right...? Right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Well, Fuji is able to read a cord ball, and the spin put on the ball from a cord ball allows him to launch the ball in a certain way which makes the ball CRASH LAND onto the opponents court.

A ball reaching the sky then crash landing is not bland.

With Hakugei/Hakuryuu It seems that wind only helped it bounce even higher back to him, or fall harder.
It seemed as though he could do it without wind. Like in Fuji VS Niou and Fuji VS Shiraishi there was no apparent wind.

And yes, Fuji IS awesome that way.
He is long overdue a power-up that will bring him to the same strength as Shiraishi which is what Konomi tends to do with Shiraishi.
You just wait til you see his 7th Counter or something.

Fuji Shusuke

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Give him the 7th counter I made up. hehe

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Give him the 7th counter I made up. hehe
As long as it is animated in the same HQ as the OVA's and not the SQ of the main series then I wouldnt mind your 7th counter at all.

BenLubre

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
_ If Hakugei does not return, then it is hard to be failed; Except if it is countered before landing.
- Hoshi Hanabi seems to be Powerful, because it go to the Audience Place.